PDA

View Full Version : AP - Pool Hopping???

DISLOVE
09-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I was just talking with a friend about pool hopping. I know that it is very controversial.. BUT... She says that she was told by a CM at CRO that it is completely allowed when you are an AP holder. Supposedly a perk.

I was wondering if others have heard this?

Let me know because I am dying to try the Poly pool! But can't bear to leave the WL for even a night!

Thanks,
Kristy

Sandi
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM
That's never been identified as a benefit on any of my AP ticket envelopes. I can't imagine that's true.

oogieboogie
09-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Sorry no that is not true.

APs get many discounts but not pool hopping priviledge. I think the only ones who do are DVC holders.

GoldenOldie
09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by DISLOVE
She says that she was told by a CM at CRO ...

There's the problem right there. :rolleyes:

sugermouse
09-08-2004, 08:04 PM
We are AP holders, I don't think sooooooo! ::MickeyMo

skiwee1
09-08-2004, 08:43 PM
We too are AP holders and that is not a perk. Please swim at the WL and save that fantastic Poly pool for the folks that pay for it.

shellybaxter
09-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Gosh, it seems like pool hopping is something people really want to do. Perhaps disney should sell a limited number of pool hopping passes, then people could pay for the privledge to swim at any of the pools. Then people wouldn't have to be so protective and mean in posts about pool hopping

princess: Shelly

Sammie
09-08-2004, 10:47 PM
I was just talking with a friend about pool hopping. I know that it is very controversial.. BUT... She says that she was told by a CM at CRO that it is completely allowed when you are an AP holder. Supposedly a perk.

I was wondering if others have heard this?

Let me know because I am dying to try the Poly pool! But can't bear to leave the WL for even a night!

Thanks,
Kristy

When you purchase an AP you get a sleeve listing the discounts and perks of having an AP, if pool hopping is on there then have fun, if not your friend either is not shooting straight with you or the CM was not being accurate.

Believe me it is not a perk. Many AP holders do not even stay at Disney resorts.

Kitster
09-08-2004, 11:30 PM
You mean I could have used my AP to enjoy SAB all these years and never knew it.........nuts ;)

Minky
09-09-2004, 12:46 AM
I cant imagine ever even wanting to pool hop, I want to enjoy the resort I stay at, and get into everything it has to offer (the room, lounges, pool, pool bar etc) I cant imagine it being worth it to get ready and go to another hotel just to swim?Thats just my 2 cents though, I have seen so many threads on here about pool hopping I had to interject :teeth:

It really doesnt bother me at all what anyone does as long as noone is getting hurt....

skiwee1
09-09-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Minky
I cant imagine ever even wanting to pool hop, I want to enjoy the resort I stay at, and get into everything it has to offer (the room, lounges, pool, pool bar etc) I cant imagine it being worth it to get ready and go to another hotel just to swim?Thats just my 2 cents though, I have seen so many threads on here about pool hopping I had to interject :teeth:

It really doesnt bother me at all what anyone does as long as noone is getting hurt....

Actually it does hurt, not physically, when someone that isn't suppposed to be there, is. They take up space, chairs, etc. If I am paying to stay at a resort I really feel it unfair to have to compete for space or chair from someone not. Not only do onsite folks pool hop but offsite do as well. Since we stay at the Poly we see offsite people crashing the pool too. I have also seen a mom and son from WL and a group from the Allstars. Fortunately they have gotten kicked out but it is still ridiculous to have to put up with.

StitchGirl
09-09-2004, 06:42 AM
I am sure that the CM you talked to got the AP pass mixed up with DVC membership. DVC members ARE allowed to pool-hop (with a couple of exceptions). There is nothing about pool-hopping for the AP holders, and if they were allowed, I'm sure the same exceptions would apply!

DISLOVE
09-09-2004, 07:58 AM
I really did not mean to start another controversial pool hopping thread. I play by the rules and was excited to hear that it might be ok to pool hop.

I must say, though, I'm consistenly amazed at how people get their feathers ruffled over a pool and some chairs. I'm sure that during the peak season space at the pool can be an issue... but I just don't understand what brings on the passion for the issue either way.

I think there is more to this than space. Realistically, if a family of four hops to another pool isn't there a good chance that another family of four (actually staying at the hotel) are out in the parks having fun? Doesn't it all work out in the end?

I get the feeling that for some people, it's more about the money you spend for your room. People staying at the Poly get all defensive if someone from another hotel hop to their pool. Is it because you paid extra for the pool perk and you feel the need to protect it from those who broke their bank to pay for POP?

IMHO, I think we need to leave the policing to disney. They might just have the bigger picture in focus. If there are space issues, they will check for resort guests. Otherwise, they might realize this is a great way to encourage people to stay at the Poly next time.

Phew. I know I'm going to be attacked now. I just feel that it was something I wanted to point out. I hope that we can have some adult conversation about this without the use of digs or insults. If not, I'm sure the thread will be stopped.

Lewisc
09-09-2004, 08:21 AM
It's amazing how people who accurately respond with the rules are labeled as "mean" and are called pool police and morality police.

Your post was the first post in this thread that attacked other posters.

Look in the mirror before you attack others.

Originally posted by shellybaxter
. Then people wouldn't have to be so protective and mean in posts about pool hopping

princess: Shelly

Lewisc
09-09-2004, 08:29 AM
. Realistically, if a family of four hops to another pool isn't there a good chance that another family of four (actually staying at the hotel) are out in the parks having fun? Doesn't it all work out in the end?

You can't believe that? People hop TO resorts that either have special pools (SAB) or that are near theme parks like the POLY. I have yet to read a post from someone staying at the POLY or BC/YC asking if they could pool hop to the All Stars. Some people have posted that off site guests and locals have been known to pool crash at the value resorts so the problem isn't exclusive to deluxe hotels.

Disney is taking action. They had to go so far as build a fence around SAB and have CM check ids at other pools. They have signs by the pools but that doesn't seem to be enough.
Internet boards in which people seem to be encouraged to pool crash compound the problem.

Some of us think it's a shame that fences and CM checking id is the only way

ruttie
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM
I would never think to pool hop I always chioose a resort based on the pool. However on our recent trip to Wl the slide was broken and my kids who go to disney all the time and the resaon we booked the hotel wasd for the slide were disappointed so i asked if we could go to the contemporary for a little while and they said no problem.. not sure if that is pool hopping or if that may have confused some cuase we are annual passholders but we did nto hop because we werre passholders we hopped casue the slide was broken....

skiwee1
09-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by ruttie
I would never think to pool hop I always chioose a resort based on the pool. However on our recent trip to Wl the slide was broken and my kids who go to disney all the time and the resaon we booked the hotel wasd for the slide were disappointed so i asked if we could go to the contemporary for a little while and they said no problem.. not sure if that is pool hopping or if that may have confused some cuase we are annual passholders but we did nto hop because we werre passholders we hopped casue the slide was broken....

I don't consider that pool hopping because you had permission. I feel as long as anyone has permission than that is fine. The ones that really get me are like the family I saw last year. They came off the boat to the Poly pool, all 10 of them. It was one man, 4 women, and a bunch of kids. They proceeded to try to get 10 chairs. Unfortunately for them I had the last two chairs for my mom and me. DD doesn't get her own chair since she doesn't really need one. Anyone this man kept glaring at me because he wanted my chair. I got up to get another towel and came right back to see that he was taking my stuff off the chair! If you are familiar with the Poly pool you will realize that the towels are literally everywhere so I was not gone but for 30 seconds. When I confronted him he was not happy. He then let one of his little girls wear an adult one piece bathing suit. It was obscene since it hung on her had you could see everything. Obviously they weren't prepared for swimming. He ended up telling another man that was across from him that he and his family were staying at the Holiday Inn and were really hot in the MK and decided to hop over to the pool to cool off. This family was pure trash! I was livid but contrary to popular pool police mythology I DID NOT report anyone. I leave that to the guards. Well anyway someone must have either reported them or just because they were so obvious that the lifguard came over and kicked them out of the pool. That actually made my day.

DISLOVE
09-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm sad and disturbed to read that there are adults out there
who call other human beings "pure trash". It's scary that someone things that they are so supreme that they could think,
even for a moment, that it is okay to say such an awful thing.

I'm hoping and praying that your children will grow beyond your
the lessons you teach.

professorandmom
09-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Just to add some gasoline to the flames, I do think one source of confusion is that universal actively encourage resort guests to pool hop between their three resorts
Barb

Dawnflower
09-11-2004, 07:28 PM
what if, very simply, each pool was gated? That way, children who are walking around the resort are not tempted to jump in the water without mom and dad, and the only way to get into the pool gate, would be to use your room key and the gate would open! I know many hotels that you have to use your room key to get ice, come in side doors and various other things! I would imagine this would not be an inconvenice because you have your room key when you go to the pool.

I do understand the desire to try other pools, especially since the hotels we pick, we usually base them on the type of pool they have, but we always look at pictures, and I would REALLY be put out if the resort I paid money to stay at, had no chairs because of pool hoppers!

I however, would be willing to pay for a pool hopping pass!! just like a hopper pass!

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
09-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Obviously the CM was wrong, but why would anyone think you could pool hop because you have a theme park ticket?? (AP) I know, there is a perk for AP for hotel discount. But the perk of "pool hopping" would be a "perk" of the hotel, not the perk of the ticket........see what I mean??

And Terry...........that is just an incredible example of pool hopping! WoW! I,......I just can't understand......I mean, I think my jaw would have hit the pavement or I'd be laughing my head off. Maybe some mixture of the two (after I had secured my own chair, that is;) ).

And Ok........if you don't want it in "noun" form, then how about "verb" form...............how they acted was trashy. :p :crazy:

*Fantasia*
09-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by professorandmom
Just to add some gasoline to the flames, I do think one source of confusion is that universal actively encourage resort guests to pool hop between their three resorts
Barb
...And that's why we love staying on Universal property!! :) I love Royal Pacific (love the south pacific theme), but my son loves Hard Rock (just a 5 minute walk to the parks), but the kids really love the pool at Portofino Bay! So sometimes, we hop to HRH and PBH, but most of the time we do swim at RPR, very convinient, it's right there, and the pool seems to be warmer there than the other two. Anyway... To add to that...FOTL!! :) ;)

Bojangles
09-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by *Fantasia*
...And that's why we love staying on Universal property!! :)

Universal property only has 3 resorts and all are in the same price range, though. That's why they allow pool hopping.

*Fantasia*
09-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Bojangles
Universal property only has 3 resorts and all are in the same price range, though. That's why they allow pool hopping. Not only that, but I think this is just another way to promote their resorts to those guests staying on-site. :)

Bojangles
09-11-2004, 09:44 PM
FOTL :cloud9:

*Fantasia*
09-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Bojangles
FOTL :cloud9:

Most definitely! That's enough reason why folks should stay on-site for FOTL!! ::yes::

lenshanem
09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Pool hopping is a DVC perk. I guess if anyone wanted to pool hop they could just buy some DVC points! ;)

I haven't seen any pool hopping listed as a perk on any of the AP info.

penny28380
09-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I have never considered pool hopping and I don't swim that much. One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to swim with or associate with anybody that would call someone pure trash. I don't know why money makes some people think they're so much better than other people.

MelodyMack
09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
This thread was of interest to me because my family and I will be activating Florida Season Passes during our trip in October, so I phoned the consierge at the Poly and asked them their policy.

I spoke with Susan, who was very polite, but very firm when she insisted that AP holders have never been extended pool-hopping privileges and that if that was allowed no hotel could ever guarantee their guests a safe pool experience because the number of guests at a pool per day would be undeterminable. Furthermore she explained (quite reasonably to me) that pools and the lifeguards on duty are established based on the number of reasonable hotel guests and their paries ONLY.

So in a way, pool hopping does not only inconvenience people, it places undo strain on lifeguards who already have their hands full looking out for paying guests.

Passing this along to clear up policy confusion........

Sammie
09-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by penny28380
I have never considered pool hopping and I don't swim that much. One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to swim with or associate with anybody that would call someone pure trash. I don't know why money makes some people think they're so much better than other people.

Ok let me get this straight. Someone calls someone else trash, you dislike that. You in turn talk about that person even to the point of not wanting to swim with them. Then you accuse them of acting this way because of money, which truely you probably do not even know for sure they have money.

Seems like a fine example of pot calling the kettle black.

Personally, I don't think the people who pool hop are anything other than people who want to use something they did not pay for. It makes no difference to me if someone is staying at the Grand Floridian or Pop Century. As a guest you pay for the amenties of staying at that resort. Others don't. It's actually a very simple concept and one I have no idea why people do not understand. It overcrowds the facilities and as someone stated makes it hard to secure with lifeguards. If you see a pool that appeals to you it is available to all by staying there. No one will be turned away if they book a room.

jann1033
09-13-2004, 12:11 AM
actually when we were at vero they have a good idea..you had to use your room key to get into the pool area.

as far as visiting other pools..some of the ways disney prices their resorts is by the "fanciness" (or lack of a better word) of the pool. so a"better" pool is a perk of paying more. ( personally i don't' swim so i don't care!) that really would not be fair for someone to pay more and not have anything more than what someone who paid less did.

btw we stayed at pop and the pool was cute ( had little flower sprinklers ) and a cute water park area that kids seemed to love so i say, no need to hop, the kids would love that pool and it's within lots of peoples means to stay there ( even us trashy ones. I include myself since i have on occasion stayed at a holiday inn, course i have also stayed at a reniassance ( spelled wrong) so does that make me upper grabage can trash, not sure how that works:rolleyes: ?)

thatdarncat
09-13-2004, 12:25 AM
I was just thinking..when I came on these boards, I too innocently asked questions about pool hopping. I don't get to Disney that often; I didn't know about these things. So, I found out. Okay, it's not allowed. BUT, instead of people getting mad at someone about the subject or about their opinion, wouldn't it serve the purpose better if, instead of getting so feisty over the subject, just contacted Disney about your concerns. You can inform someone on the boards who doesn't know if it's okay or not, but then don't start a whole thing about it cauz it just gets ugly. If you feel passionatly about something, go to the source and do something about it. Start making phone calls. Talk to the people who make up the rules like when they put a fence around the SAB. And if the people don't like the fence, then call Disney. People are people, ya know? People are going to be sensitive and have opinions. If a reader answers the question to thier post, then leave it. But if you feel so strongly about something, take action!

Sammie
09-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by thatdarncat
I was just thinking..when I came on these boards, I too innocently asked questions about pool hopping. I don't get to Disney that often; I didn't know about these things. So, I found out. Okay, it's not allowed. BUT, instead of people getting mad at someone about the subject or about their opinion, wouldn't it serve the purpose better if, instead of getting so feisty over the subject, just contacted Disney about your concerns. You can inform someone on the boards who doesn't know if it's okay or not, but then don't start a whole thing about it cauz it just gets ugly. If you feel passionatly about something, go to the source and do something about it. Start making phone calls. Talk to the people who make up the rules like when they put a fence around the SAB. And if the people don't like the fence, then call Disney. People are people, ya know? People are going to be sensitive and have opinions. If a reader answers the question to thier post, then leave it. But if you feel so strongly about something, take action!

Actually I don't think most get upset over anyone wanting information on a subject they are not clear on. However after policy has been stated and you then have some that will try and convince everyone that the policy is wrong, then that is when the trouble begins.

I certainly know many truely do not know the policy. However many do and choose to ignore it. Those are the ones that want to use something they did not pay for. And yes that bothers me. Just as if I paid to go to the movies and someone else slipped in the exit and watched it for free. It bothers me we have become a society where one must be forced to do what is correct.

thatdarncat
09-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Well that's what I'm saying. If you don't like something and want to change it, then go to the people that make the rules. For example, maybe Disney needs to be more clear to the customers about it. Pool hopping makes most people mad and it's obviously not allowed. I wonder if it would be a good thing if Disney let people know about this when they make their reservations.

"Actually I don't think most get upset over anyone wanting information on a subject they are not clear on. " ------- OOH, and I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but I wasn't saying people are mad at this person for asking a question, people get mad about the topic. It's a touchy subject here if you hadn't noticed.. har har (that was a joke).

Sammie
09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Well that's what I'm saying. If you don't like something and want to change it, then go to the people that make the rules. For example, maybe Disney needs to be more clear to the customers about it. Pool hopping makes most people mad and it's obviously not allowed. I wonder if it would be a good thing if Disney let people know about this when they make their reservations.

There are signs posted at every pool and in the information every guest receives at checkin.

I truely feel that is enough to let everyone know the guidelines. The problem is as I stated, some choose to ignore them until forced to leave.

thatdarncat
09-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Then maybe there's no real resolve to this situation. I guess informing people on the boards is sadly all you can do. I just hate to see such a heated argument over it. People getting nasty and all. Sure if it happened to me it would be annoying, but I can think of a bazillion worse things than could happen.

cstraub
09-13-2004, 12:55 AM
We stayed at Grand Californian in Disneyland last year. You had to have your room key to get in to the pool area. It was a beautiful gated pool. It did not bother me a bit to use our room key.

The posted pool hoppig signs take away from the happy, non- reality experience you get at WDW. It's kind of like when you go to a play and you can see the actors picking thier noses behind the curtain. It takes away from the magic. I want to get away from posted rules! I don't want to pay $200 dollars or more a night only to be reminded that peolpe need posted rules! Put up the gates and call it a day!!!!!

epcotfan
09-13-2004, 04:55 AM
maybe Disney needs to be more clear to the customers about it.

They are crystal clear about it. There are large signs at each pool indicating they are for guests of that resort only.

http://www.wdwmemories.com/csr/2002_0818_113627AA.JPG
The rules are also very clear in the resort paperwork they give you upon checking in. I have paperwork from the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Coronado Springs which state the pools are for the exclusive use of guests staying at those particular resorts (listed in the pool information section).

Personally, I don't think the people who pool hop are anything other than people who want to use something they did not pay for. It makes no difference to me if someone is staying at the Grand Floridian or Pop Century. As a guest you pay for the amenties of staying at that resort. Others don't. It's actually a very simple concept and one I have no idea why people do not understand. It overcrowds the facilities and as someone stated makes it hard to secure with lifeguards. If you see a pool that appeals to you it is available to all by staying there. No one will be turned away if they book a room.

Well said. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

goofy4tink
09-13-2004, 05:50 AM
My dh's aunt had traveled to WDW many times in the past. But, she hadn't been down for the last 10 years or so. So, obviously a lot of things had changed. We were talking about it and she told me that she always carried a bag with all their bathing suits and towels in it. I asked why and she told me that when they got too hot they just stopped at one of the monorail resorts and took a swim!! When I told her that that activity was not allowed anymore, she said.."Well, we'll see what happens when we try it now." There are signs posted that tell you the pool is for that particular resorts' guests only! DVC pool hoppers do not fill up the pools. They are really a non-issue. But, there are people out there that feel it is their right to be able to use any pool on-site that they wish to. It seems to happen more to the monorail resorts but it does happen to the Epcot ones too. I'm sorry people. I'm not basing my feelings on how much money I have but I have paid for a deluxe resort experience. I resent those that have paid for a value resort and are taking up my pool chaise!!! And yes, it happens. I stayed at AllStarMusic last Dec. Heard several people say.."Let's head out and try out the other resort pools. I hear the Boardwalk has a cool clown slide." Sorry, that's just wrong. Do I police it while I'm there? Of course not. Well, I have been known to say, quietly (well, maybe not so quietly) to my dh that I wonder why so many BW people have all their clothes packed in their beach bags. Wonder why they don't get changed in their rooms!! Now..don't jump on me here. On our last day at BWV last month, we put our clothing in a locker in the health club area, showered and changed there. We showed them our room key and it was fine. So, while I realize that some people go to the pool on their check-out day, they do have changing options other than carrying their clothing in their bags and then changing in a restroom in the lobby!

jann1033
09-13-2004, 05:51 AM
Then maybe there's no real resolve to this situation. I guess informing people on the boards is sadly all you can do. I just hate to see such a heated argument over it. People getting nasty and all. Sure if it happened to me it would be annoying, but I can think of a bazillion worse things than could happen.

there are lots worse things but that's not what the board is about, it's about wdw not world peace.

however i agree some people are overly sensitve and take everything to be meant as a snide comment which is wrong but i for one get tired of some who know exactly what wdw says about something and still insist it is fine /better to do the opposite! that goes for pool hopping, selling used tickets, using refillable mugs how they are not intended for use, taking lunches into the parks..some things don't effect everyone directly( the lunch issue is a lttle more iffy) but some have a direct impact on others' enjoying something they paid for and threaten the continuence of that program. some people are only asking a simple question but some already know the policy and still insist it is fine to go against it which gets really old.( of course all the while accusing everyone who posts accurate info about it to be the mug pool food whatever police) some dishonest people want to get that privledge for nothing and that ticks people off( sorry but if someone is knowing misusing something for personal gain in a way that the owner( wdw in this case) has asked them not to use it imo that is dishonest much as some don't want to admit that) so sometimes i might post something that ticks someone off cause the truth hurts!.usually i ignore it but sometimes i get tired of hearing it.

thatdarncat
09-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Wow I'm sorry I innocently even came onto these boards about this. I was just trying to help and say that maybe you can contact Disney about it. It obviously makes people really mad. Ouch!.. i am coming away from this with bruises. Pixie D...... oh whatever.

elise72
09-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I love posts about pool hopping!

You are always going to get people trying to beat the system.It is up to Disney to install fences/swipe cards/satelite tracking for everyone on property!!

I can't see the point of going swimming in someone elses pool & running the change of getting caught-is that supposed to be fun??

Kitster
09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Ok, so I guess pool hopping isn't allowed, but can I use my 10 year old refillable mug from WL during my 2006 stay at Pop Century??? :hyper: :laughing: :duck: :earboy2:

thatdarncat
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
That's a good one. Watch someone respond to that with a serious answer too.

Sammie
09-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow I'm sorry I innocently even came onto these boards about this. I was just trying to help and say that maybe you can contact Disney about it. It obviously makes people really mad. Ouch!.. i am coming away from this with bruises. Pixie D...... oh whatever.

Actually I did not read any comments that even hinted that someone was mad. If any of this discussion bruised you, it was self inflcted. ;)

I did read posts from people discussing policy and posts about those that once they know the policy choose to ignore it.

thatdarncat
09-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Actually when I suggested they make it more clear I could practically hear them shouting through my computer "NOT CLEAR YOU SAY????"
I mean c'mon. Not everyone goes all that often to even notice these signs. I was there last in '97 and never noticed. I'm sorry if I'm not as up to speed as some DISsers but I really got the feeling that no matter when anyone says about this it gets some sort of condesending response.

Sammie
09-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Actually when I suggested they make it more clear I could practically hear them shouting through my computer "NOT CLEAR YOU SAY????"
I mean c'mon. Not everyone goes all that often to even notice these signs. I was there last in '97 and never noticed. I'm sorry if I'm not as up to speed as some DISsers but I really got the feeling that no matter when anyone says about this it gets some sort of condesending response.

Don't take any of it seriously, and as to preception that is the thing about the Internet it's all up to you as to whether you feel someone is Shouting!

I just take it all with a grain of salt.

I am not sure the signs were up in 97, I don't think you will be able to miss them next visit.

Dawnflower
09-13-2004, 10:52 PM
should we all grab hands and sing "why can't we be friends" :p
sorry this issue should just be such an non-issue for everyone but the life guards, and the WDW employee's. :tongue:

Sammie
09-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Dawnflower
should we all grab hands and sing "why can't we be friends" :p
sorry this issue should just be such an non-issue for everyone but the life guards, and the WDW employee's. :tongue:

And why should it be a non-issue anymore than any other subject discussed on these forums.

Actually I have not seen a single person discussing this be rude, only some taking comments personally that were not meant to be personal.

Actually I think maybe we need a new title of Pool Hopping Discussion Threads Police, those that police the discussion of Pool Hopping.

:D

lvp49
09-14-2004, 04:52 AM
What is SAB? I don't see it on the abbreviations board, and can not figure it out. I'm probably just sleep deprived.

jennymouse
09-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by lvp49
What is SAB? I don't see it on the abbreviations board, and can not figure it out. I'm probably just sleep deprived.

SAB is Stormalong Bay pool at the Yacht & Beach Club resorts.

I'm a DVC owner that is allowed pool hopping but still don't do it. It just seems like a hassle to me.

But, I do agree with the policy Disney has in place. On these pool hopping threads you never see people who stay at one of the resorts that have slides (deluxe and moderates) thinking that they ought to be able to pool hop, it's usually the ones off site or staying at the value resorts who want to pool hop. I don't know why Disney doesn't just go ahead and put slides at at least one of the pools at the value resorts. May then it would be a nonissue.

LargoLori
09-14-2004, 07:29 AM
We have stayed at several resorts from value to deluxe. Pool hoping has never occured to us no matter what resort we are at. I also have never noticed the signs and we stay at least 2-3 times a year.

Lori

dalt01
09-14-2004, 08:52 AM
:fish: :jumping4: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: