PDA

View Full Version : WL or Ply for X-mas 05?

captJack88
09-08-2004, 05:16 PM
I know it's early, but we are trying to decide where to stay for our trip next year. I want to stay at WL for the christmas decorations, DW wants to stay at Poly for the tropical feel and the monorail. We are a family of 5, the 3 kids will all be under 10 over 3 at time of stay. I was wondering if the Poly honors the discount codes commonly found at mousesavers.com or not? If so, then what do you guys think? We'd rather not resort hop, we just want to get in and get settled. SO where would you stay and what rooms/ bldgs would you suggest?

confal1
09-08-2004, 05:51 PM
I liked the Poly for my 3 year old when we went because of the 0 depth entry pool. WL does not have that. I also thought that the Poly pool was a little bigger. Also we liked that you could watch the fireworks every night from the beach at the Poly, not so at the WL. The monorail is very convenient if your child is still in a stroller. It rained one day and we took a few hours to do the monorail and stop and the CR for the great arcade there. I have stayed at the WL also and liked it, but I think there are more options for a family at the Poly. Also if the 3 year old needs a nap one parent can go back on the monorail and the other can stay a park with the other kids. Either resort you will have a great time. These are just my opinions. Have fun!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GEM
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I love the Poly and I love the Wilderness Lodge, but, as far as I'm concerned, the WL is the ONLY place to stay at Christmas time. It's absolutely breathtaking.

sfbank
09-08-2004, 07:41 PM
captJack88--we will be down there the same time as you next year. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge this June and really liked it. However, next December I have to go back to my beloved Boardwalk. It just was not the same!!! I was homesick for the Boardwalk and luckily hubby and daughter don't care!!Enjoy your trip and maybe we'll bump into each other:D

my3boys
09-08-2004, 09:16 PM
No decision for our family - WL hands down at Christmas (we've stayed there 3 times in December). While we enjoy the Poly and all it has to offer, WL is truly immersed in holiday spirit; and since it is one large building, you never leave the Christmas music and decorations.

I believe www.allearsnet.com has some pictures of the resort at Christmas.

my3boys
09-09-2004, 08:25 AM
I thought of a second reason - the Poly doesn't have a hot tub/jacuzzi, which is so nice to use in December when it can be chilly. The WL does have one ( I even think it may be 2???)

captJack88
09-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks to all that reponded, does anyone knoe if Poly accepts the discounts found at mousesavers? Would I have been able to call and use BAT, if we were going this year? I saw WL was listed in the examples at mousesavers, but I don't know if those codes are good for all deluxe resorts or just WL. That will have a big role in our choice! SFBANK, we are planning to go to jellyrolls for the first time next year, so we will at least be at BW for one night!!

sfbank
09-09-2004, 07:44 PM
captJack-We are going to Jellyrolls too for the first time!!! DD is going to stay at the kids club while we go. I have wanted to see this place for three years but are just now starting to feel safe about dd staying at a childcare. We got a taste of it in June when she went to the Tea Party and we had to leave her for an hour!!! Anyway, let us know what day you will be there & we can at least meet & say "hi":wave:

Pattymouse
09-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Poly for us ... this December (11-27 through 12-6)

I am from NJ (a beautiful state) but the WL just seems too much like my home.

I am going to Africa this Christmas (AKL) for 2 nights, and then off to the Polynesian Islands (Poly) for 7 nights.

Something new for me! Well...us... my DH is coming too!

DisneyKidds
09-10-2004, 10:03 AM
A few thoughts before I emphatically say that the WL is THE place to stay for Christmas (ooops........I just said it :teeth: )

Anyway.........

Discount codes all depend on availability. Yes, you can get discounted rates using a code at the Poly (we have), but you have to call early (right when the codes come out) because discounted rooms on the monorail go quickly.

The WL has 3 hot tubs.......2 at the main pool and 1 at the quiet Villas pool. As for pools, the WL pools are very nice, but the Volcano pool and slide at the Poly are nicer. Of course the zero entry pool is no picnic when you have a two year old who constantly wants to run into the pool and slips, falls, and hits his head.........a gazillion times!! All that chasing and watching.......ohhhhhh, my aching back. They really should do something to make the zero entry part of the pool less slippery.

The monorail is neat, but may be a little overrated. Blasphemy, I know.......but a little true. When we stayed at the Poly the bellman told us the quickest way to the MK was by the boat launch. He was right. Even though it required folding the stroller, unless the kids were asleep we always took the boat. As for the WL, the boat to the MK is very convenient and fun.

Now for what I already said........the WL is THE place to stay during the December holidays. The look and feel of the resort lends itself to the cozy, down home, winter feel....what with the warm woods and fireplaces and what not. Then for the holidays you add what are arguably the best Christmas decorations (neck and neck with the GF) and wonderful holiday music piped throughout the grounds of the resort......the sights, the sounds, the smells......it just all adds up to the perfect holiday atmosphere. We couldn't imagine a post Thanksgiving trip without time spent at the WL.