PDA

View Full Version : Calling every day really works

sorchamac
09-08-2004, 04:56 PM
When the fall resort codes came out I was only able to get the discount rate for 4 of my 7 nights. I had Sun-Wed discounted Woods view room at WL. I kept calling every day, sometimes twice a day, to try to add on Thurs and Friday. I called this morning and there was nothing, and on a whim tried calling again tonight at dinner time. And I got it!! So now I have 6 of my seven nights discounted!! I don't expect to be able to get my first night discounted because it's Sat of Thanksgiving weekend, a blackout night.

I knew that today/tomorrow was the two week deposit deadline from when the codes were first released. That's probably why the rooms came available.

So keep trying - you never know!!

Sorcha

bhillier
09-08-2004, 05:30 PM
That's wonderful. Did the CM's ever say that you were calling too much? I was trying to get a room @ Poly. I was told each call is noted in their system and that I had several. So I was just wondering if you got an attitude from anyone?

sorchamac
09-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by bhillier
That's wonderful. Did the CM's ever say that you were calling too much? I was trying to get a room @ Poly. I was told each call is noted in their system and that I had several. So I was just wondering if you got an attitude from anyone?

No, I can't say I did, except yesterday everyone sounded tired. I called to make PS yesterday too. I'm sure that's just aftermath from the hurricane. They have had it rough in Florida this past month.

I can't imagine a CM every having the nerve to say I was calling too much. In fact most of them said "keep trying back". Hey, as long as the phones are ringing they will have a job!!!

Sorcha

princessmomma
09-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks so much for posting this. I tried this morning for my dates of Dec. 18-27 at the Wilderness Lodge using BAT and it was entirely open. Yes!! I have tried every other day for about 10 days and nothing was available, so it must be around this time that people needed to put their deposits down.

Thanks again.