PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West 2 Bedroom Question

Melora
09-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Has anyone ever gotten a special rate for the 2 bedroom condo at Old Key West?

Our last trip I called about getting an AP rate and the lady on the phone gave me a great rate.....($379...a savings of about $100 per night).

Well, come time for our vacation I called back to double check on everything and the person on the phone said I did NOT have an AP and that one is NEVER available for the 2 bedroom units.... I even talked with a manager who agreed.

Of course I was exceptionally unhappy but could not do anything. I did not write down a confirmation code and thinking back realize the lady must not have given me one... That should have been my first clue.

So I am wondering if anyone every got an AP rate for those rooms or if it is really true. Not that I should doubt a manager but to this day I cannot imagine why the first lady gave me a rate that wasnt valid.

Thanks!

MELSMICE
09-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Only special rate I have gotten for OKW 2BR is a DVC member rate.

If you really want to stay there look into renting points. I think it is a much better value.

Check on the Rent/Trade Board.

Let me know if you have any questions about renting also because that is what we did before we became owners at OKW.

GEM
09-08-2004, 06:43 PM
I've always heard that no AP rates are available for the villas. We have had great luck renting DVC points. We get fabulous deals - much better than through CRO. We have a two bedroom a the WL in December for a total of $1,386 for five nights. That's about $277 a night! What a steal!! We are renting the points we need for $10 per point. We can't wait!

Melora
09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Thank you for your advice..I am checking out the rent points board. Can I use rent points for an existing reservation or will I have to make another one or have the owner make them for me?

Im trying to get all the info so I can make an informed choice!

DebbieB
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
I got an AP rate for a 1 bedroom at OKW in May. $270 plus tax.

MELSMICE
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Melora
Can I use rent points for an existing reservation or will I have to make another one or have the owner make them for me?

I don't think you can use points for the existing reservation because the reservation systems are 2 different systems. I would take all these questions to the DVC & Rent/Trade Board.

It is very easy to rent points. Just make sure you rent from someone that has a lot of posts under their name. Get references from the person you're renting from & call the people they have rented to previously. We did what others members/renters suggested & had no problem renting.

kda
09-08-2004, 10:29 PM
I've ready about people getting AP rates at the various DVC villas, but not usually too many. Don't remember if they were 2 BR's, however.

I'm having difficulty understanding this situation -- the confirmation would have had the cost of the room per night or the total cost of the entire reservation.

There's FAQ's at the top of the Rent/Trade Board, and take the time to read some of the posts.

Deb & Bill
09-09-2004, 12:09 AM
If you are looking for a reservation using points for 78 days from now, you probably are out of luck. You will have to see if someone has a reservation for the time you want, in the room type you want. DVC resorts are pretty much booked up for the rest of the year. There are lots of waiting lists out there for DVC members right now for Oct, Nov and Dec.