PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite resort and why?

WeluvDisney2
09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Which is your favorite resort and why?

kenneyjo
09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Two reasons;

Quality and Value, Value, Value.

Moderates are not worth it.

In fairness I have not stayed at a luxury yet, plan to for my honeymoon.

But for now Value resorts are perfect. Giant pools and nice clean rooms.

cdpa4d
09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Other -
Beach Club
STORMALONG BAY!!!! :p
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION:D
ADP :D

disneyatl
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I may not be an expert but out of the three resorts we've visited (CBR, WL, and ASMo), the WL is definitely my favorite. I'd love to try them all but my DH is now hooked on WL and wants to stay there everytime. The WL is such a peaceful setting. I loved waking up early in the morning and walking around the grounds while so many were still asleep. It was quiet and tranquil. It is just an absolutely gorgeous resort!

Danauk
09-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Beach Club

Reason: love the theaming and atmosphere, location and Stormalong Bay.

Danauk
09-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Double post, sorry.

Terk-1
09-08-2004, 01:04 PM
This was tough, since I have 3.

Moderate:
Port Orleans French Quarter

Deluxe:
Wilderness Lodge
Polynesian

disneylovr1
09-08-2004, 02:05 PM
I voted WIlderness Lodge, it's so beautiful and peaceful. My favorite moderate is POR, which for the price difference it's hard to say which I like better.

GEM
09-08-2004, 02:34 PM
WL wins hands down for me! Why? I love so many things about it -

-the early morning boat ride to the Magic Kingdom
-all the great recreation options
-the incredible themeing and attention to detail
-the way my mouth still drops open when I walk into the lobby
-Artist Point (amazing food!)
-Whispering Canyon Cafe (so much fun!)
-sitting on the balcony enjoying the incredible courtyard view
-relaxing in the rocking chairs and soaking up the atmosphere in the breathtaking lobby
-the way it really feels a hundred miles away from the hustle and bustle of the parks
-the quick boat ride to the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness
-the little lobby stream that becomes the Silver Springs Pool (we love the way the current in the pool carries you along)
-the way it really feels like "home" to us

The Boardwalk Inn and Animal Kingdom Lodge tie for second place in our hearts, but they really don't come close to the Wilderness Lodge.

soccercruiser87
09-08-2004, 03:02 PM
animal kingdom lodge...i love the animals!::yes::

Melora
09-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Old Key West.... with the size of our group we need the bigger rooms they offer (we always get the 2 bedroom unit) and the square footage is bigger than the other 2 bedrooms at the other resorts. They have a terrific family room and the second bedroom has 2 queen size beds instead of just one and sofa bed like the others.

I love to sit on the balcony (when we get bldg 62) and look out over the lake and watch the firworks from EPCOT every night.

Its also a very quiet resort. You hardly know anyone else is there.

jimmiej
09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Coronado Springs

1) Beautiful landscaping
2) Dig Site pool

joats
09-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Wilderness Lodge.
Reasons? Turning down Timberline Drive and driving up to the lobby brings tears to my eyes. Walking through the doors into the lobby takes my breath away. The sights, the sounds, the smells - love 'em! DH and I have had many wonderful trips spent at the WL. Can't wait for our next.

GailT
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Tied between BWI and YC for a few reasons, night life, close to Epcot and MGM and the rooms are bigger, another words I am spoilded:D

#1hockeymom
09-08-2004, 08:20 PM
AKL because I feel like I am officially part of the Ankole Cattle family who live on the Uzima Savannah! Mr., Mrs., and baby ankole (yes, that is what I named them!)are always cordial and greet me whenever I manage to come to visit them!

oogieboogie
09-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Wilderness Lodge.

It was the one resort that felt like home to me. Coming around the bend and seeing that building was like hello, welcome home!

Then walking into the lobby thru the front doors and you just go WOW!

frndofpooh
09-09-2004, 12:59 AM
The Beach Club - it is where DH and I began our life together and it feels like home to us. No matter where we stay, we always visit BC and get that, "AAhh, home" feeling. The pool is a destination on its own!:hyper:

MAC3
09-09-2004, 09:24 AM
My all time favorite is the Polynesian!

Why? Because of the themeing. It's incredible how your mind can think your in polynesia but your staring at Cinderella's Castle.

Volcano Pool Rocks.

On the monorail.

Kona Cafe. Yummy!

2nd favorite would be Boardwalk (although I've never stayed @ the Inn part of it just the villas)

Reasons: Location, Luna Part, Always something going on. ESPN club!

swilphil
09-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Swan/Dolphin--a deluxe resort at a moderate price. The location is great. You can walk to Boardwalk, MGM and Epcot. The Heavenly Beds are just that. The service is wonderful. Starbucks coffee with refillable mug at Tubbi's. Great restaurants. Views of Epcot and Tower of Terror. Great bus and boat service.

Leota
09-09-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm tied between Y&B and Swan/Dolphin - Both for location & amenities....
Y&B Club has SAB
S/D has Heavenly Beds.

rae519
09-10-2004, 04:23 AM
When it rains - you have your restaurants, shops and monorail all in the same building!

You don't think about it when the sun is shining but get a few days of rain, and it makes a BIG difference.

PLUS from the Tower you get a great view of the lagoon and fireworks show at night.

Rae

susy
09-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Yacht Club-the ambience, restaurants, SAB!

WL- VERY close second-no words to describe....

jennymouse
09-10-2004, 08:57 AM
The Beach Club (Villas) is my favorite by far and is also my DVC home resort.

*Location- We love being able to walk back & forth to Epcot and taking the boat to MGM. Plus, it's an easy boatride or walk over to the Boardwalk to enjoy the activities there.

*Restaurants- Lots of great restaurants in the area so we don't have to do the bus shuffle to get to them. We love Beaches & Cream for lunch and ice cream treats at night. Cape May Cafe is great, we enjoy walking over to the Yacht Club Galley for breakfast and Yachtsman's Steakhouse for dinner. Then there's all the Epcot choices that are just a walk away.

Pools & Recreation- Storm Along Bay is fantastic. We enjoy having a nonpark pool day there with Beaches & Cream right there to get lunch. The villas pool is close and we can go for a late night dip after returning from the parks. Surry Bikes are fun to rent and drive around the lake.

Atmosphere- I love the theming and laid back beachy atmosphere, upscale but not stuffy. Art the Greeter is always there with a salute and smile. I just love the whole feel of the Epcot resort area and the lake.

The Boardwalk Inn & Villas is my second favorite!

PamNC
09-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Reasons:

It truly has the Disney Magic
Best CMs I've encountered at a resort
Tropical landscaping
Relaxed feel
Great food and drink
Volcano pool
Beach area - love it! Great for daytime fun & fireworks viewing
Convenience
Location Location Location

PamNC

EsmeraldaX
09-10-2004, 09:21 AM
I have always liked POR , though I haven't stayed there since it became POR, I stayed there a few times when it was Dixie Landings.

It's just so pretty. The grounds are lovely and elegant and I can become totally immersed in the scenery.

I've only ever stayed at the Contemporary, the Poly and POR before on site. They are nice but, I got sick of the CR because when I was a kid, that was the only place my family stayed. I've probably stayed there 20 times. The day I turned 21 and started vacationing on my own, I vowed to check out other resorts. :) The Poly was nice, but I like the theming of the POR better.

I'm staying at POP in Dec. and probably AKL in April (that has not been officially decided yet). I have a feeling AKL might become my new favorite.

ead79
09-10-2004, 10:52 AM
If I have to pick one as my favorite, it would be the Grand Floridian. I have loved each of my stays there, and would gladly return. :)

I love the convenience of the monorail, the elegant theming, the pampered feeling I have when I'm there, the large, beautiful rooms, and the theming.

I will say that AKL is a close second, even though it is so different from the GF.

wtg2000
09-10-2004, 12:31 PM
The Yacht and Beach Club are not included in the poll. I guess they fall under the "other" category. Was it just an oversight? Isn't Fort Wilderness a resort also?

litlpixie
09-10-2004, 12:37 PM
My vote was for AKL, but I have not stayed at all the resorts....yet!!! I only have POR, WL, and AKL under my belt so far, but AKL took the cake with me. We felt so comfortable there. I do hope the Poly wows us as we will be staying there next Summer and maybe also a few nights at the BC. :cool:

DisneyMomx7
09-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Definitely the Grand FLoridian. The convenience to MK (great with little ones), beautiful theming, relaxing atmosphere and so many of the kids activities are right there - Tea Party, Pirate Cruise, Wonderland Tea Party. The pool is great and we enjoy the restaurants and love watching the fireworks from the marina or boat dock. I know some people think of it as "stuffy" but we don't feel that at all and we have three small children and never felt out of place. ALso all the CMs that we have encountered have been very nice and very helpful.

AppleSister1
09-10-2004, 03:04 PM
...Or Beach Club. Why?

LOCATION! Love being able to walk into Epcot, MGM, Boardwalk area. Plus, the theming is so great and relaxing, and of course SAB is wonderful.

:earsgirl:

tar heel
09-10-2004, 04:09 PM
With YC and BC left our of your poll, I suspect "other" will receive a lot of votes. Our favorite is YC because of the location, luxurious feel and fantastic pool.

Anne745
09-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Beach Club :wave: :wave: :wave:

Sazzo'sMommy
09-10-2004, 04:42 PM
13 resorts on WDW property and thought that the BC/YC were my home until I stepped over the threshold of my 14th resort into my AKL savannah view room...OH MY! :hyper:

I truly felt at home in this room where out my balcony door were the sweetest three ankole cattle with their large graceful horns!

I couldn't wait to get home in the afternoon for my DD's naps, so I could sit out on my balcony and soak in the delightful pleasures of being in my own savannah!

I was so happy here and felt such a welcoming presence that I truly knew the meaning of what others meant when they called a WDW resort "Home"!

The Magic is alive and well at the AKL!:wave2:

dpic
09-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by GEM
WL wins hands down for me! Why? I love so many things about it -

-the early morning boat ride to the Magic Kingdom
-all the great recreation options
-the incredible themeing and attention to detail
-the way my mouth still drops open when I walk into the lobby
-Artist Point (amazing food!)
-Whispering Canyon Cafe (so much fun!)
-sitting on the balcony enjoying the incredible courtyard view
-relaxing in the rocking chairs and soaking up the atmosphere in the breathtaking lobby
-the way it really feels a hundred miles away from the hustle and bustle of the parks
-the quick boat ride to the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness
-the little lobby stream that becomes the Silver Springs Pool (we love the way the current in the pool carries you along)
-the way it really feels like "home" to us

This said it so perfectly, I have nothing to add. Good job Gem.::yes::

macs4us
09-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Definitely our fav - the tub is heaven, the balcony (we have always had a room overlooking the waterways) is relaxing, and the service is great. We usually go for at lleast 8 nights, so it's nice to have a "home" to come back to after the parks. My mom said she wants to move into OKW...

It would be perfect if they would allow my indoor kitties, but alas, that is another topic... ;)

FFerret
09-10-2004, 06:58 PM
FORT WILDERNESS CABINS!

Hardly anyone's even heard of them, but they're the only way to go with a husband who really isn't a people-person, a rambunctious 4 yr old, and an autistic son who just needs his space every now and then :)

Secluded, spacious, and a boat-ride away from the Magic Kingdom :)

AdventurerKat
09-10-2004, 07:27 PM
I have stayed at five different resorts (so far) and picking was really tough for me but I chose POR.

Maybe because it was the first one I ever stayed at and I was just like WOW when I got there.

It was a tough decision for me though as I stayed at AKL in May and fell in love with it. But there is just something about being at POR. I love it.

pplasky
09-10-2004, 10:05 PM
I know nobody seems to like the Contemporary any more, but with three kids, 7,8,8, there's nothing like walking to and from MK. I love it there.

rahwest
09-11-2004, 01:43 AM
BC
location and SAB :)
we love being able to walk around to so many places and enjoy the evening at the boardwalk!
we also LOVE the pool -- we have very young kids (1 and 3) and it's perfect for them!

Jungle Skipper
09-11-2004, 02:21 AM
I voted for the Poly...I stayed there in July and fell in love! absolutly amazing....all of the CMs were filledwith Disney magic...best cast I've been around in a long time...

the atmosphere was just perfect..laid back, tropical, put my mind at ease...and at night, with the torches lit, GORGEOUS!!!!

When I was younger I always felt the Contemporary was #1...I still have a soft spot for the CR, but its so busy and loud, and my WDW prioriites have changed a bit, so I appreciate the laid back nature of the Poly much more!

LOVE the Poly..my new Favorite Resort!

Jungle Josh

katienyc
09-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I am wondering why the BC/YC wasn't listed as well . . .

YC is definitely our favorite. Here's why:
- the ambiance
- the decor
- walk to Epot
- view of the Boardwalk & lagoon
- restaurants (both at YC and in area)
- excellent service
- the pools
- nightlife

katie :)

WeluvDisney2
09-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Some people have wondered why Beach Cub, Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan etc. were not listed... I had to put them under "other" because they only allow you 12 choices for your poll. ;)

dcg0317
09-11-2004, 05:13 PM
CSR Just a beautiful resort, nice pool and theme.

http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL471/2199469/4291941/54262722.jpg

sugermouse
09-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Swan and Dolphin... Why?

Best beds in wdw! The heavenly beds are like floating on your own Disney Cloud... And staying in the Epcot resort area is 1000 times better than any other area, because you can walk to MGM, Epcot, Mini golf, yacht and beach club, and the Boardwalk area!::MickeyMo