PDA

View Full Version : How low do they go?

Taratink
09-08-2004, 09:56 AM
I am planning our WDW trip first week of Feb 2005. Has anyone received any discount codes in that timeframe in the past. If so how low? We are interested in the Poly and WL. Are all the resorts included in the codes everytime? Help me! Last year I booked our first WDW trip one week in advance and we stayed off property. I have no idea how fast these Disney hotels sell out.
Tara

ReneeDisney
09-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Hello. This is just some information I have learned over time from traveling to Walt Disney World for vacation:

February 2005 is broken up with 1/2 value season dates (cheaper prices) and 1/2 peak season dates (presidents week, etc.).
In the past they have offered the following :
1. AAA rates, which are already available for booking (usually 10-15% off rack rate) for room-only (not sure about packages)

2. AP (Annual Passholder) Rates - for those in your party that have an annual pass (usually have to show at check-in) they give discounts very good discounts. These are for room only reservations.

3. Travel codes made available to general public, usually found in newspapers, by word of mouth, etc. These can be for room-only and packages as well.

My personal preference is that I book my rooms when I know my travel date (regardless of price) and wait for codes, as any discount is good to me! :) And staying on site is a great extention of your trip!

I have found in the past that they offer discounts on most WDW on-site hotels.. (I'm not sure about Swan/Dolphin)

Please note that this is what I have experienced in the past in terms of discounts, etc. and don't know anything about what will be for FEB. 2005 and can only speculate as others do.
I hope this information helps.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Taratink
09-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Does it matter what type of room you have when using the codes? Are the codes for rooms other than standard or are the rooms discounted across the board? Should I get the upgraded room or cross my fingers for an upgrade because of a slow time of year?
I just have so many questions!
Thanks,
Tara

ReneeDisney
09-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Hello. If you really want a specific view then my suggestion is to book what you want to get out of your vacation. You shouldn't count on a "free" upgrade b/c you will only wind up getting disapointed at check-in if you don't get it. The discounts usually are for standard as well as waterview, etc. rooms. All views are usually discounted.
You have to work with your personal budget - so that you can enjoy your trip!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

catherines_mama
09-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Taratink
I am planning our WDW trip first week of Feb 2005. Has anyone received any discount codes in that timeframe in the past. If so how low? We are interested in the Poly and WL. Are all the resorts included in the codes everytime? Help me! Last year I booked our first WDW trip one week in advance and we stayed off property. I have no idea how fast these Disney hotels sell out.
Tara

Tara the 1st week in Feb is usually Value Season. We went this week this year (2/7 - 2/11) and had Value Season rates. Yes, a Room Only discount was released prior to our trip. What i recommend ( same as above) is that you book the room now. If you are a AAA member, you can get a discount using that as well. Then when a code comes out (It should late Dec) You can call and change your ressie to apply the code and save yourself some more money. A lot of times the availability of a code allows people to save enough to upgrade from Value Resort to Mod.. they are really good Codes. (Codes are usually announced here, and you can always check MouseSavers.Com and sign up for their updates email)

Your other question.. I'd get what you can afford for now. And upgrade when a code comes out. That way if, for some reason, they aren't released you will not put a strain on your vacation budget.

Hey.. never apologize for asking ?s. We all do it and this is a terrific place to gain knowledge. I know I have learned so much from this place. Ask away hon!

Taratink
09-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Thank you all for your geat advice. I am going to discuss the budget with my husband and book it.
Tara

ReneeDisney
09-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Glad to help! I'm sure your trip will be great, whatever you decide to book!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: