PDA

View Full Version : Places in WDW to Watch College Bowl Games 1/1 and Later?

Bill From PA
09-08-2004, 08:39 AM
We'll be arriving at WDW some time before noon on Jan. 1. We've caught college football games at the ESPN Club before, but it's unlikely that we'll be staying in the Epcot Resort area this time. Any ideas as to other pubs/bars etc. in WDW or within reach of the Disney transportation system where I can catch a quarter or two? We'll resort hop or hit DTD if necessary. How about the non-Disney hotels near PI?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Geomich
09-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Bill -

Not sure if this helps, but DH has caught some games at the Outer Rim bar at CR and the bar outside of Ohana's at the Poly on past visits.

MinnieFan4ever
09-08-2004, 09:52 AM
My husband and I have watched a game or two at the Territory Lounge in the WL.:D

MickeyisanNDfan
09-08-2004, 10:19 AM
we have watched Patriots palyoff games at the Outer Rim during each of their Superbowl winning runs. We now consider it a superstition and must be there for the playoffs. I don't know if it would work for the Red Sox.

Cindie-rella
09-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi Bill ! I read somewhere that the lounge at POR plays the games during the season and the CM's might dress in sports attire for the games as well. That's where we'll be staying next year but far past football season. We wouldn't be able to go during the play-off's!!!

BTW, I'm from PA too, in fact not too far from you. And we "own" a "bar" / resaturant!!! Thought you might like to know that because I see you might like an occasional beer or 2. We're an EAGLES bar here in our town.
Kick-off tailgating party at our place this Sunday at 2:00. Wear your Eagles attire and eat for free!!!;)