PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: POFQ, CBR or WL in December!!

Cinderpals
09-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi, I just wanted to get some more input from those that have stayed at these during the week before Christmas. I have a choice to stay at the WL, CBR or POFQ for 11N, or do a split stay. I've narrowed down my choices to these three for different reasons. WL because we wll be going to the MVMCP one night and the other two because they are less expensive, but still nice. I've stayed at the CBR and loved it! I didn't have a problem with the buses being too full etc...I know our stay during December will be much more crowded especially towards the later half of our trip which runs through Christmas. My husband wants to play golf a couple of times at least with my son, but he will have no problem getting to any of the Disney golf courses. We will be going to the Candlelight Processional and the Luau one night. We plan on spending at least 4 full days at the MK, and divide the rest of our days equally between the rest of the parks, DTD, etc....I have thought about staying at the WL for 4N, then moving to POFQ or CBR and be closer to Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom for the rest of our 11N stay. This will have been my 3rd trip to WDW this year. I'll know better by the time our next trip is over OCT/NOV. We'll be staying in deluxe rooms then. I really want to get these December rooms figured out and done with. I have more PS to make, and they will depend upon where we're staying. TIA!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave:

SnowWitch
09-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Which deluxes are you staying in in Oct/Nov? The WL is beautiful at Christmas probably the most beautiful of them all at that time of year. But you also need to consider the size of the room at the WL-it is probably not much bigger than the moderates. This never bothered me but some find it horrible to pay more at the WL when the rrom size is only comparable to the mods. That being said on an 11 night night trip you might consider the WLV's in a 1-2 bedroom. Good luck with your choice.

susy
09-08-2004, 06:21 AM
WL-no contest!

LoveMickey
09-08-2004, 07:46 AM
WL is the best, but if you need to stay at a Moderate, try PO, either Riverside or French Quarter.

All Disney Resorts are unique in their design, and we love them all.

Our first trip was to CB and we thought "we could never go to another one, since we loved it sooooooooo much".

We then fell in Love with Dixie Landings (POR) and WL, then just recently we went to POFQ - we love that too.

You cannot go wrong with any of the resorts. We love it the best because :you fill in the blanks:

:D

boston1029
09-08-2004, 07:53 AM
WL absolutely! Every hotel looks great decorated for Christmas, but WL is just breathtaking!

Cinderpals
09-08-2004, 08:38 AM
I don't think that I could go wrong with either of my choices. We'll be staying at the CTR, AkL and our last night at POFQ during our Oct/Nov stay. Again, it was important for us to be close to the MK during the 1st part, and majority of our stay. After taking in all of your comments, WL will definitely be part of the mix, either the whole stay, or split stay! I'll look into the WL villa 1BR too. I believe moving to the CBR during the later part of our stay wouldn't be too shocking. I've read that those rooms are the largest of the MODS. I've stayed at the CBR recently, and the size of the rooms were adequate. Of course, this was the 1st trip ever for me and my two children. I showed my husband pictures of the room, and he said that he could do that. WL perhaps has the smallest rooms of the Deluxe resorts.

Thanks again!! :Pinkbounc :earsgirl: :bounce:

1st Family Visit (DH conference) OCT/NOV 2004 CTR, AKL Savannah & POFQ
MNSSHP, HOOPDY DOO REVIEW

Then again 11N in December 2004 WL & CBR or POFQ
MVMCP, LUAU, Candlelite Processional

Spring 2005

Disney Cruise 2006

:wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc