PDA

View Full Version : Fridges in all moderates and deluxes

michaelwilliammidd
09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Don't know if this has been talked about today or not...if so sorry for the double post. But, I just had to say how cool is it that they are putting fridges in all the moderate and deluxe rooms....just when you think Disney can't get any better...they always take a step up in my book....I love Disney...just had to celebrate.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

disneynay
09-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I read something about the fridges on this board awhile ago. Are the fridges free now that they are being put in all rooms? I am going Oct 1-9 and staying at the PO-Riverside. I am wondering if there will be fridges in the rooms then, or should I just request a fridge?Will I be charged then?

cart-mom
09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Don't know about all the resorts but I just got back from the Poly and there was a fridge already in my room when we checked in and we were never charged for one. If you really want one, I would just make sure to request it on your reservation so you won't be disappointed. Also, ask if they are charging for them - no question is ever stupid. Maybe with everything that's been going on down there and people being stuck in their rooms they are putting them in sooner rather than later(?).

It's a small fridge but it came in handy for us with leftovers and lunchmeat/condiments.

I can remember a time when there were bigger fridges in the value resorts with no extra charge for them.

Cantw8
09-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Will the fridges also be in the Dolphin and Swan rooms?

Dalpal
09-08-2004, 09:06 AM
I am also interested in weather the fridges have a freezer in them or are they just a fridge.
Anybody know?
Betsy

michaelwilliammidd
09-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Here is the snippet that I found out about it from, it comes from the update on Mouseplanet......

Over the next few months, all moderate and deluxe resorts are having refrigerators installed in the rooms. If there one isn't in your room, you should still be able to request one at no charge.

:p

aprilgail2
09-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by michaelwilliammidd
Here is the snippet that I found out about it from, it comes from the update on Mouseplanet......

Over the next few months, all moderate and deluxe resorts are having refrigerators installed in the rooms. If there one isn't in your room, you should still be able to request one at no charge.

:p

I was at POR a week and a half ago...we had a free fridge since I needed it for my daughters medicine but I was talking to others at the pool who were being charged 10.50 a day for it since they did not need it for a medical reason. I had asked at the front desk about them being installed in the rooms and they said over the next few months they would be but if you needed one now for reasons other than medical they were still charging for them until they were installed in the rooms...

Jaci
09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
I called about adding a fridge to my ressie at WL. We arrive tomorrow. I was told that we would be charge $10 for each night. What a bummer. I was going to get cereal and milk for breakfast for a couple days but not anymore. :o( I will probably still pick up sodas and water and just use the ice machine.

Jaci

gigibeans1
09-08-2004, 01:07 PM
I called the WL yesterday and was told there would be NO CHARGE for the fridge. She said if the room did not have one they could accomodate free.

OK...I just spoke to Sharon at the WL. She put me on hold for 1 minute and then stated that there will be no charge for a refrigerator even if I need one to be brought up to the room.

whew....that lots of $$$ for a 14 day stay!:Pinkbounc

kap10
09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
When I checked into the BC on 8/28, the CM told me the fridges were not free. The next day I called housekeeping and requested one and they delivered it to my room that afternoon. I must have asked them three times during the call if it was free! The fridge had a tiny freezer, but it didn't really freeze anything (I put two water bottles in the freezer portion and they did not freeze.) But it was great having it in our room for fruit, drinks and jelly for my kids pb&j sandwiches. I'm so glad I called housekeeping.

Jaci
09-08-2004, 01:58 PM
I guess I'll just wait and ask when I get there and not worry about the milk for breakfast.

Jaci

JerseyMom
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
CSR (or at least 8B) did not yet have the fridges. Contemporary did. It was so nice to have the fridge - I could buy milk for cereal the night before instead of having to trudge off to the food court in the morning. I also bought a large bottle of water so we had cold water whenever we wanted.

TN Traveler
09-08-2004, 05:27 PM
It is so ironic that I happened to see this post today! I have 2 families arriving at the Contemporary 10/9 for the Grand Gathering special. One of the ladies emailed me today and said she had heard that fridges were being intalled in all moderate and deluxe properties. Did I know anything about this? Told her I didn't but would check it out. Called the Disney Travel Travel Agent line and was told "Absolutely not....where did you ever hear such a thing!" The CM was just a bit too snipity for my taste so I pushed a little harder and asked if he would check into it for me---after holding for 17 mins, we were disconnected! So I called back, spoke to another agent who said "Ma'am I have no way of knowing what resorts have refrigerators and which ones don't." Told her I wsa checking on the Contemporary. She put me on hold and after holding for another 15 mins, she came back and said yes there were complimenatry fridges in the rooms and wanted to know how I knew about this since it had not been announced yet and was not public knowledge.
From my understanding, they are putting fridges in all the rooms but not all of them have them yet. I requested fridges for both of my families.
:wave:
Karen

chell
09-08-2004, 06:54 PM
That's great, but I wonder why they are not doing it also at the Value resorts. I don't really use them, but would be curious to know.

TN Traveler
09-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Chell---that's a great question. I have no idea and wondered the same. We won't get to go again for a long time but it'd still be nice to know the answer to that since I sell so much Disney.
Anyone know?

rockomomma
09-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I had a very UnDISNEYLIKE CM get very rude w/ me when I asked if the fridges were no-charge at CR for our upcoming November trip. He was very very rude. He also wanted to know why in the world I would think that--they are charging $10.00 + tax a day...

I hope when I go in Nov. I DON'T get charged!

skiwee1
09-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Cantw8
Will the fridges also be in the Dolphin and Swan rooms?

Nope. Only at the Disney hotels. Swan and Dolphin are not Disney.

TN Traveler
09-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Rockmomma-----I think we must have had the same CM when it came to the questions about the fridges in rooms. The man I
spoke to asked me the same question"Where in the world did that question come from?!" GEZ.......

disneynay
09-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Has anyone stayed at the POR-French Quarter lately that has had a "free fridge" in their room? I am going in 15 days and I would like one. I picked up my tickets today from my travel agent and I forgot to ask to request one. I am wondering if I should call Disney myself or wait until I get there? I just don't want to be charged, and it sounds like the whole issue of free is subjective between different Disney resorts.

TN Traveler
09-16-2004, 07:54 AM
disneynay---I would either ask my TA to check into it for me or call directly before you get there. You can always make requests in advance and then once again when you get there. I'm a TA and
requested fridges in the rooms for my 2 couples that are going 10/15. No problem at all.
Have fun!

gabbofett
09-16-2004, 09:05 AM
I just got back from POR we stayed in the bayou. They were in the process of installing them in some rooms (that I saw around the bayou). Ours did not have one yet but we got a last minute upgrade so our original ressie could have been one with a fridge. Some people mentioned on the bus that they had one already and asked for a second (they came to escape the hurricanes and brought all of their food) they were told that you are not allowed more than one per room because it is a fire hazard.

MelMeg
09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Just back from CBR, there was no frig in room. We requested one and were told that there would be no charge without even asking. The next day or so when driving through the resort we saw refrigerators being delivered to different sections. So CBR is in the process of having them installed resort wide.

zipDdoodah
09-17-2004, 04:10 PM
No fridge in our room yet at WL last week. I was kind of bummed because I was hoping it would be there, but it wasn't.:(

epcotfan
09-17-2004, 10:51 PM
I was CSR from August 9th-17th. We called housekeeping to ask for a fridge expecting the 10 dollar charge. (This was before they were mentioned as being free in the future) The woman at housekeeping told us they were $10 a day plus tax. Fine. No problem. Got the fridge and we were never charged for it. :)

wilderness01
09-18-2004, 01:26 PM
My SIL called to ask some questions as well. She must have gotten the same crabby CM who didn't want to answer anything politely and asked have you ever been here before? So my SIL politely said I did press 2 on the prompt.....have never visited Disney before! I cracked up laughing. What a good response. ;)

disneyandme
09-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Any news about the GF?

rcraw45425
09-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I called yesterday and asked ot have them at WL and Poly. the CM was nice, said that there was a $10 fee, he didn't knwo about them being added to the rooms. I said, whatever, if I have to pay, so be it. MAybe I'll get lucky though ;) ;)

Jenn Lynn
09-18-2004, 09:26 PM
How big of a container of milk will the fridges hold? 1/2 gallon? Gallon? I want to get milk at the store for cereal. :)

Thanks! :)

Santa
09-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Those fridges will hold a gallon of milk and then some.

Raggedy
09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
This is great news. I will check tomorrow and see if our room will have one. We are staying at the CSR.

Rhonna
09-20-2004, 01:32 AM
disneyandme,

I thought I read somewhere that the GF has always had free refrigerators since it is disney's "flagship" resort.

When we stayed there in fall 2001, there was a refrigerator in the room and they didn't charge us. Also, we requested a microwave and they let us keep it (free) for our entire stay.

Maybe someone else knows more about GF and this subject than I can tell you.

mrsmom
09-20-2004, 07:31 AM
does akl have them yet?

Kim:earsgirl: :earsboy:
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

jajuan
09-20-2004, 12:08 PM
I just got back for POR yesterday. Since I had read this on the board, I asked the CM at check in. A fridge was delivered to my room right away for my 8 night stay with NO CHARGE. They were very pleasant about it. It is great to have for small items. We always went and bought milk at the general store for breakfast. It was much less expensive than buying it in the food court.

jerhico
09-20-2004, 12:11 PM
We just returned from the Boardwalk Inn , and before we arrived, I requested a fridge for our room. When we checked in, thete was not one in the room, so I called down to the front desk. They sent one up immediatley, and did not charge us for it. i hope that helps those of you who are goin soon!

Raggedy
09-20-2004, 06:07 PM
i am so excited about this. Now we can have our breakfast in our room and save a ton of money. yay

jenjen212
09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
when we went in July 2004 at CBR, we were held up from being allowed to enter our rooms until late because our building had electricians working in the rooms. they said that they were wiring all of the rooms for fridges for future usage. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

i remember thinking how great that is, because we always get one every time that we go, and we always stay at least a week, that's a good $50-70 in our pocket. we always figured that spending the extra $10 a day was worth it. :hyper: we would go and buy drinks and cold cuts and bread. we would make sandwiches in the morning and pack them in dh's thermal backpack. we would eat the sandwiches for lunch and then get ps for dinner.

now it being free, is so great!!!!

jen
:earsgirl:

Raggedy
09-20-2004, 06:45 PM
that is what we are going to do. Have cereal in our rooms, and make grinders for lunch. Thank you disney for helping out our budget. Maybe i will beable to buy some extra's on this trip after all. I like to buy a beach towel on every trip.::yes::

SweetestThing
09-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Just got back from Boardwalk Inn and we were not charged for the fridge.:Pinkbounc

kathymc
09-21-2004, 10:22 AM
just back from AKL - they weren't in the room but we asked at check in to have them brought up - they were brought up in about 10 minutes. very nice to have!

we also asked to have a coffee maker brought up - they give you only one day of coffee supplies

AlwaysAPrincess
09-21-2004, 11:41 AM
We are staying at the Coronado Spings & then over to the POP with some friends. OUr friends son needs to take shots for a health condition. I was told you can get a frig in the ANY of the hotels if it is for a medical condition & it is free.

Anyone ever heard of this too?:confused:
And do you need to reserve a frig when making your hotel reservations?

Thanks!::MickeyMo

chell
09-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by AlwaysAPrincess
We are staying at the Coronado Spings & then over to the POP with some friends. OUr friends son needs to take shots for a health condition. I was told you can get a frig in the ANY of the hotels if it is for a medical condition & it is free.

Anyone ever heard of this too?:confused:
And do you need to reserve a frig when making your hotel reservations?

Thanks!::MickeyMo

Yes, if the fridge is for medical reasons there is no charge. I would have them note it on the reservation.

ksc37
09-21-2004, 02:12 PM
We had one at the Poly 2 weeks ago. Didn't ask for it, it was just there.

Nicoal13
09-21-2004, 02:15 PM
I had requested one last week for our stay at WL. It was not there when we arrived in the room. I called the front desk and was told one would be sent up and we would be charged $10 per day. I told the CM that it was supposed to be no charge per my travel agency and these boards. He said he had never heard of a program to put the fridges in the rooms. But then he said he would not charge me since that is what I had been told.

So we got the fridge for no charge. It was very convenient!

AlwaysAPrincess
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Chell :wave2:

Thank you for confirming. I will have my friends call in advance so that it is waiting in their room!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

chiconh
09-21-2004, 04:38 PM
:wave2: :wave2: We were at the WL two weeks ago and didn't have a frig. in the when we got there. My DH called and asked for one it was brought up and there was no charge for it.

Raggedy
09-21-2004, 04:45 PM
YAY, it looks like we may get a fridge.

AlwaysAPrincess
09-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I think it is GREAT that WDW is installing refrigerators in their hotel rooms!:Pinkbounc

We are always running to go get some sodas or poweraides when we get back from the park. Or some OJ first thing in the morning. This is a great way to stock up ona few things & have it all right there at your disposal.:)

It is a great way to save a few bucks too!

Raggedy
09-21-2004, 08:46 PM
I am thinking about how much i will save on this trip. We planned this trip in August. I really didn't have much time to put some extra money away for this trip. I am only taking 1000 dollars for spending. So now i can buy some lunch meat and some cereal and eat those two meals in our room. For dinner i have my quick and casual vouchers. I am so happy. Thank you Disney. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

zen1
09-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know if they have the Fridges in at POFQ yet?

I will be there in 21 more days! :Pinkbounc

Thanks! :)

imamicki2
09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
How bout in CBR?

AlwaysAPrincess
09-22-2004, 08:31 AM
I stayed at CBR in May & at that time our room didn't have a frig.

LoraJ
09-22-2004, 09:17 AM
I am at CBR right now and there was a fridge in our room in bldg. 42 (Jamaica).

Yesterday, they were installing them in either bld. 43 or 44. I took a pic of them all over the parking lot.

Raggedy
09-22-2004, 05:40 PM
So are they at CSR yet? Or do i have to ask for one?

lindamg
09-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Any recent spotting at PO Riverside in the Mansions?