View Full Version : October Waitlist! Come through or Still Waiting?

09-07-2004, 12:16 PM
I am on a waitlist for Oct. 10-17 for a 2-bedroom and was curious who else out there is playing the waiting game? Have you been relieved, or given up? Let us know, we're dying to know. ::yes:: ::yes::

09-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Still waiting to see if a 2br opens up at VWL 10/28-11/01.

09-07-2004, 01:18 PM
If dominos would fall into place I can help others on the waitlist. I have a two bedroom and a studio for Oct 15-19 and on the waitlist for a Grand Villa to replace these. Last time I talked to them the Grand Villa was available for the first two nights but not the rest - that's no surpise.

09-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Where are they located?

09-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Still waiting on a two bedroom standard view at BWV (I have preferred) for 10/16-10/24.


09-07-2004, 02:57 PM
I got my waitlist to come through for OKW for Oct 10th a week or so ago for a 1 BR. We're going from Oct 9 -14th. But then I found out that VWL had two of those days 12-14th open for a 1BR so I took those and am waitlisted for the other 3 nights. Well one night just came through, the 11th at VWL and now I'm waiting on the other two. I'm thinking probably we'll just end up at OKW for two nights and then switch halfway through, but I still have 31 days and the next few days are the cuttoff for cancellations, etc, so wish me luck! :)

09-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Fingers crossed that we can reschedule our Labor Day trip to Oct 14 - 18. Our first choice is a BWV 1BR, but we'll take anything.

If the wait list doesn't come through for us, we won't make our first trip home until summer 2006.


09-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Still waiting on a studio at BWV for 6 & 7th Oct.

We have a standard view at the moment but have requested a boardwalk preferred view, so at least if we don't get it we are still in the resort we want to be in which is a bonus.

Anyone else called MS yesterday or today. Tried to confirm the request at the 31 day window but the message states that MS is closed until thursday as they are trying to deal with immediate accommodation problems for people affected by Frances...what a nightmare for everyone affected by the storm.

Fingers crossed that Ivan by-passes florida.


09-07-2004, 05:46 PM
We had a cruise chartered out from under us, resulting in a change to a different cruise and a switch in our BWV reservation. I DID have a Boardwalk view 2 bedroom for our dates. Now have a preferred view only for October 28-November 1st.

MS did put us on the priority waitlist, which is supposed to mean the very first Boardwalk view 2 bedroom that opens up on those dates is ours, but so far no luck. I'm hoping at that 31 day window some magic will happen!

09-07-2004, 10:40 PM
We were on the waitlist for October 24, 25, and 26th for a studio at BCV to complete a seven night stay ending on October 31. We stayed on the waitlist (day by day) for about two weeks and it cleared about three weeks ago. Yeah! We start our glorious nine-night stay with a two night try at Pop Century on October 22 (at $38 per night, who can resist?) and end on Halloween at home at BCV.

You never know what will turn up...I did call on a regular basis to check on the waitlist and MS never seemed to mind.

09-08-2004, 08:34 AM
I am on the WL for any location 2BR Oct 7-11. Currently have a 1BR at BWV that would become available.

09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Only part of our wait list came through so since we were at the 31 day mark, we changed to OKW since that was available for all of our nights. We will not change our travel plans October again as long as I can help it!!!

Brer Rabbit
09-08-2004, 10:20 AM
I had a 1 BR for the 24-30 at BWV and let it go back last week, Currently have a studio preferred view from the 25 -31 except for that wed which is wait listed, here's hoping for some magic for that date, sure don't want to be moving around

09-08-2004, 01:00 PM
I have had a BWV Std view studio waitlist since the 10 month mark for some guests (who have a Pfd pool/garden view currently). It's an 8 night stay and we've gotten the last 3 nights Std view, but Hallowe'en night has remained stubbornly unavailable and it's right in the middle of their stay :(.

Now I noted with interest that the remaining Std view nights we are seeking were available for rent on the Rent/Trade board! :mad: I wise-cracked that I'd send the OP $10 to cancel the ressie so the rest of my waitlist could come thru, but I shouldn't have (under board rules) and my inappropriate reply was justifiably removed. We won't be making that mistake again :guilty:. I'm still hoping these friends can get the Std view for the whole time so they don't have to move midway thru their trip, but I am not holding out much hope.

Looks like Brer Rabbit is in the same timespan as we are. So If we end up with the Std view, we'd be releasing the Pfd view for our rabbit friends perhaps. :D

09-08-2004, 02:09 PM
TravelingJen24 - the rooms I have for Oct 15-19 are at OKW and on the wait list trying to change for a GV for OKW.

09-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Still waitlisted for our Oct stay....

I am fighting the urge to call MS, giving them time to settle back in after Frances...

09-09-2004, 11:47 AM

09-09-2004, 01:05 PM
We're waitlisted for a studio anywhere Oct 14-18, so far no luck, so still waiting. Have AKL AP rate as a backup.:D

09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Still on the wait list for a 2 bed lock off at BCV for 9 nights commencing Oct 6th.

Our home resort is OKW and we have been waitlisted since our 7 month booking window .:sunny:

09-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Still waiting for Oct 20 & 21 in a one bedroom at OKW. It has been a couple weeks and still have not heard anything..:rolleyes:

09-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Still waitlisted to move from a preferred view studio at BWV to a standard view for Oct. 24th. We already have a ressie for all four nights but didn't want to have to move.

Missus Toad
09-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Still no luck at 30 days out for VWL 2 br 10/11-10/16. Not too upset about it though-- OKW will suit me just fine! :)

09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Still waitlisted for a 2BR at BCV or BWV for 10-24-10/26. Called today, and it still has not come through. I'm hoping that once we hit the 31 day mark, that something will happen.

09-10-2004, 07:41 AM
We're on the waitlist for BCV for ressies starting Oct 10, hoping someone cancels at 30-days out and we can get in.

09-11-2004, 10:25 AM
bumping up....

09-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Inside the 31 day window now and still no luck with our studio with preferred boardwalk view for 6/7th oct :(


09-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I am on the waitlist for one night..Oct 17 at OKW for a studio. I have the 18-21 already but looking to add one night at the beginning or trip. Heres hoping it comes thru soon.


09-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Mine came through a few weeks ago. I was waiting for my last night in a BWV 2-br preferred view during the first weekend of October. It probably came through quickly (only on the waitlist for a month or so) because it was for only one night.


09-13-2004, 05:11 PM

I cancelled a 2-br at BCV today for 10/24-10/28. I hope you get it. Good luck!!!

09-15-2004, 02:56 PM
I had originally reserved a 1 BR BWV (boardwalk view) for myself and my DD for 10/16 - 10/20. Then my sister & kids decided to join us. :eek:

I was able to reserve a 2 BR BCV for the 16th, 18th, and 19th but was missing the 17th and also had reserved a 2 BR BWV for the 16th and 18th. Then I waitlisted for all sort of combinations hoping to piece something together. Today my waitlist for 2 BR BCV for 10-17-04 came through!!

I was then able to cancel the hodgepodge of reservations I had going. I cancelled the following reservations: 1 BR BWV (BW view) 10/16 - 10/20, 2 BR BWV (pref pool/garden view) for 10-16 and 10-18. Sure hope the domino effect helps someone else!!!

09-15-2004, 04:19 PM
One of my waitlisted days came through ... Yea!!!:p Now I just need my first night Oct 20 to complete my dates(1 bedroom @OKW)!

Bring on the Pixie Dust !!

09-19-2004, 03:12 PM
:wave2: No luck yet.

09-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Still waiting for our last night.... most hope is gone... but also thankful no one had to cancel... or at least not enough people canceled since I am sure we were not the first on the waitlist for that night.

Oh well, moving the last night will make packing up to go the next day easier! ::yes::

09-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by lat

I cancelled a 2-br at BCV today for 10/24-10/28. I hope you get it. Good luck!!!

So sorry you had to cancel, but I hope I was first in line for this one! I have to call MS tomorrow since I told them to book it automatically.

Thanks for the info.

09-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Wooooo Hooooooooo!!!!:tongue:

My Oct waitlist came through!!!!!

Can't wait to get home

09-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Booked at OKW for October 16-23; were waitlisted for BWV or BVC, all 7 nights. Had a phone call from MS on Friday afternoon saying our waitlist had come through -- could not call back until Monday! Turns out BVC was available for 5 of the 7 nights. We didn't want to move during our stay, however, so we turned it down. If you were waitlisted for BVC for these nights, hope you got the call!!

09-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by leanne2255
So sorry you had to cancel, but I hope I was first in line for this one! I have to call MS tomorrow since I told them to book it automatically.

Thanks for the info.

Still no luck. MS said Mon and Tues (10/25 and 10/26) were available for a 2BR, but not Sunday. I don't want to move during our stay. Still hoping!

09-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Got the news that my waitlist for 2BR BCV 10-20-04 came through so my reservation is now set with no moves! Had a backup 2BR SSR for 10-20-04 so maybe someone will get a call for that one. This keeps my waitlist success at 100%!!!

09-24-2007, 09:25 PM

We are currently waitlisted for BCV for a studio. As of right know we are moving to SSR from BCV on the 29. I would really like to stay at BCV all week. Our waitlist expires while we are on the member cruise. We have always been lucky our waitlist has always come thru. As of yesterday you could still book a studio thru disney travel but we want to stay on points. Keep me posted if anyone changes thier plans:cool1:

09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
You might want to check the waitlist threads on the Planning or Miscellaneous boards. Those are up-to-date. This thread is from 2004.. :thumbsup2

09-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the update i didn't even notice the date:rotfl2:

09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
A couple weeks ago, we booked 1 night for my brother's family in a studio at SSR on Oct. 9th, as that was all that was available. We waitlisted them for that night in a studio anywhere else on property, as we have family staying in every resort BUT SSR. (And no, I'm not an ssr hater...we own there and LOVE it...but that's another topic for another day.)

Within a couple of days, I saw on the member website that they now have a preferred view studio at BWV. Woohooo! That will be so much fun for them!

But it would be even better if they could have either boardwalk view, or BCV (for their boys to get a chance to try SAB) so I called and asked MS to keep them on the waitlist for those two options.

We're getting really close to our trip, so it will be fun to see if it comes through. I will call each day at the 7 day mark to keep them on the WL.

09-27-2007, 07:04 PM

You are on the 2004 thread not 2007. I was also on the wrong thread. search for october 2007 waitlist for the current one.


09-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Oops! I feel silly! :blush:

09-30-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm working on a somewhat last-minute trip, started planning about three weeks ago. Was able to book BWV for Oct. 12-13 right off the bat (weekend), and could have booked SSR for Oct. 14-15 but didn't, as I really didn't want to stay at SSR. Kind of dumb of me, as I could have switched. Of course, two days later nothing was available for those two days.

Anyway, nothing was available for Oct. 11, and I have been on the waitlist for anything, anywhere.

Just checked my account and I have an Oct. 11 reservation for a 1 bedroom for Oct. 11. This is good news.

As of now (all 1 BR):

10-11: VWL
10-12: BWV
10-14: No room, on waitlist
10-15: OKW

I don't mind moving once, but I sure hate to move twice. And if somehow we have to move three times, my wife will leave me. So we'll see what happens. I'll call Monday to check the status of my remaining waitlists, and will go on the Oct. 11 waitlist for BWV. But at least I've got a room if it doesn't come through.

Update! As of 11 a.m. Oct. 1 I now have:
10-11: VWL
10-12: BWV
10-14: BWV
10-15: OKW

They found the additional night at BWV when I called in to get on a BWV waitlist for 10-11. Who knows, before this is over I may not have to move at all!