PDA

View Full Version : Christmas break????

We4mickey
07-16-2001, 10:39 PM
We will be in the Arizona, California area from December 23 through Jan 4.
When would be the best time (I know its busy) to visit DL? We may be able
to go a day either way, but have to get the kids back to school and its a 36 hour
drive back to Wisconsin. Should we try before or after Christmas or is it going
to be just plain BUSY the whole period???

Mary Jo
07-17-2001, 10:47 AM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/flowerface.GIF <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>The Disneyland Resort will be busy the whole two weeks. I'd say go during the week, and have Thursday be one of the days - Thursday is usually the lightest day there. Expect high crowds and long lines... everything after that will be icing on the cake - DL is truly magical during this season, including the hotels. :sunny:

phins_jazy
07-17-2001, 11:31 AM
Typically how cold is it there during the holidays???

We4mickey
07-19-2001, 08:36 PM
Just bumping. Anyone else have any suggestions?

tiggeroo42
07-21-2001, 03:21 PM
It will be significantly less busy after New Year's. I would go at the end of your trip--Jan.3rd or 4th. Most of the crowds will be gone by then, but you'll still get to enjoy the Christmas decorations. :)

casiland
07-23-2001, 01:30 PM
My mother was raised in Southern California and we always spend the week between Christmas and New Years with her family there. We have gone to DL on New Years Day for the last 20 odd years and have never had any major crowds, I think the longest line was about 20 -30 minutes. My mom jokes that it's because everyone is either at the Rose Bowl, watching the Rose Bowl, or sleeping off hang-overs.

Mary Jo
07-23-2001, 05:11 PM
<font color=navy>Re: the weather...

CA weather has been so strange, lately. I recommend wearing layers. It will most likely be cool in the morning, warm up during the day, and get pretty cool in afternoon, to chilly in the evening. Sweatshirts often are enough, but take a jacket & leave it in the locker, if you wish... Then again, you might get us during a heat wave when it's up in the 80's.

(lots of help, huh)