PDA

View Full Version : Here's my Budget Trip

tarmand
08-31-2004, 10:00 AM
My sister (28), my daughter (8 months) and I (32) are going to WDW in October 14-17.

Airline Tickets - Free, won them in a contest.

Hotel - Free, Marriott reward points.

Rental Car - $62.50 - National

Food - Free, Residence Inn free breakfast and left over VKL and Q&C vouchers.

Passes - Free, left over days on old passes.

We will probably not spend more than $100 each out of pocket for a three day weekend in Disney!

I know that the vouchers and passes aren't really free, but since they are left overs, they won't cost us anything.

We are actually only planning to do one day, Friday, at the parks. We want to take the rest of the time to do things we never get to do. I want to go to Downtown Disney and maybe the outlet mall. Does anyone know if you can visit the Disney resorts if you are not a guest? I would love to go by a few of them and check them out. We don't want to use any of the facilities like the pool or anything, we just want to tour them more or less.

momxx5
08-31-2004, 10:09 AM
Wow - I am jealous :rolleyes:

It sounds like a great trip. I think you will have a wonderful time. Yes, you can tour the Resorts. You may want to look into having a meal or two at the resorts. Even the value resorts have great food courts.

A day at Downtown Disney is always fun and full of Disney Magic. Fort Wilderness has a petty zoo and playground but your little one may be too young still for that.

Have a wonderful trip.:D

tarmand
08-31-2004, 10:19 AM
We have 7 Q&C vouchers, 2 adult VKL vouchers and 1 child VKL voucher (we won't use that one since the baby doesn't eat any real food but french fries). We were planning to split one VKL voucher at RFC and use two Q&Cs at B&C. That leaves one VKL and 5 Q&C. Where should be use them?

My sister has always bragged about steak and lobster in Japan (I think) at Epcot. Can we use the VKL there?

Any other suggestions? We want to split the VKL vouchers, but don't mind using one apiece of the Q&Cs.

mad4themouse
08-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Awesome job! You've got me beat by a mile! We leave 9/15 for 4 nights and I know that it will cost me closer to $800 out of pocket. Way to Go, Girl!