PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2005 trip .. Book now?

PrincessChelsey'sMOM
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW in January 2005. Should we book now, or wait. If we book now, is there a fee for adding a discount later? If we find a better discount, can we change more than once?

kathmzh
08-31-2004, 06:41 AM
I would book now, if you know where you want to stay. Keep an eye on this board and Mousesavers.com for codes -- I think January codes, if they do come out, will be out around the middle or end of October -- then call and apply the code to your reservation, with no fee. there is a possibility the code may not work for the room you have reserved, so be prepared to be flexible a bit.
AAA rates are already out for most hotels for Jan. I don't have an AP, so I'm not sure about those rates.

Strings
08-31-2004, 07:23 AM
There isn't a fee for changing your room only reservation. I have made my reservation for 12/05. However, I made it at CSR, which I can afford without a code. I'll upgrade to deluxe, if codes come out. It seems that codes are reduced if a resort is mostly booked.

poohpcgirl
08-31-2004, 08:34 PM
I am so glad this was posted, as I had a question about this too. Just to make sure I have it straight:

I am going in Oct of next year. I can go ahead and make my reservations for a cabin now... and if a discount comes up between now and then, I can just call the Resort and have them apply the code? I was going to wait until closer to the time we go to see if I could discount on the cabin. But this sounds like I will be okay to do it now. I can afford to stay there as is, but I really wanted to try and save more money.
Is that pretty much it?

Thanks

ceecee
08-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Yes, that is true. We change ours at least once after making ressies almost every time. I always like to book in advance! We had AAA room rate only and changed to a package this year, then changed the pkg again and added a night and then dropped a night after making airline ressies. Seemed like we were getting confirmations every day in the mail.

Disney4me04
09-01-2004, 07:49 AM
I am already booked for October 2005! and have been since April 19, 2004.

I am staying at POP and hoping for codes.