PDA

View Full Version : Maingate East, Quality Suites or SOG

GBsMom
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi,

Maybe somebody can help me. I just started getting packages for our vacation.

We made reservation for SOG by the pool at 97.00 or 109.00 by the pool. ONE ROOM and the usaul stuff.

Know- I see Quality suites which says 1.7 miles from wdw and its 129.00 with two bedrooms, 2 bathroom, full kitchen and full breakfast everymorning. All you can it.

So my question which one is the best deal.

They both have shuttles to wdw, Please help

Disney_1derland
08-30-2004, 10:06 PM
while lots of offsite hotels have shuttles to Disney they are often not as good as they sound. Most of them only depart once or twice in the morning and return once or twice in the evening. So it's not flexible and you'd be stuck at their convenience, not at your own. You'd want to call and find out the specifics first.

We are staying at SOG for the first time in November and we chose it because it has good transportation, the ability to walk to the Poly and use the monorail or busses from there and because the rooms are so large.

I guess it really depends on your priorities. Do you want access to the Early Entry program? You'll get that at SOG. Do you really need the space and both bathrooms? then you'll need to look offsite. How much time do you plan to be in your hotel room? If you plan to spend a lot of time there then the 2 bedrooms would be worth it. If you'll just be sleeping there then I'd go for SOG for the convenience and location alone. Good Luck in your decision!

LIFERBABE
08-31-2004, 02:15 PM
SOG rooms are very large. They have a fridge, pull-out sofa, breakfast table, the one we stayed in had a nice size balcony facing the pool. The toilet and tub are separate from the vanity.

If you will not have transportation, then stay onsite. The offsites normally have limited service and if you miss that first bus out you may not make park opening or PS's or whatever else you had planned. Most run hourly and may service more than one hotel. Onsite transportation is great, but you still need to plan ahead and allow yourself enough travel time, so you can imagine how long it would take coming from offsite.

rcraw45425
08-31-2004, 02:48 PM
I wholeheartedly agree about staying on site if possible. We had to stay off site over spring break and were thoroughly miserable. It was a HI, not bad to look at but I heard that the buses ran once in the morning and not again till park closure. Plus, you will have to pay $8 per day to park if you drive your car. If you stay onsite you get a parking pass so you save that. We had friends stay at SOG and then her mother went form there to WL. Mom complained that WL, while pretty, had a lot smaller rooms. I vote for SOG.

MHO,

rlduvall
08-31-2004, 02:49 PM
I have stayed at the Quality Suites and the name is an oxymoron, lol. In other words, definitely stay at SOG. Any onsite property will be much nicer than Quality Suites. (well, I don't know about WDW's Values) You will not regret staying onsite. Have fun.

GBsMom
08-31-2004, 06:09 PM
We thank you for the info-we have reservation at SOG and will stay. Thanks for ensure our confidence at our choice.