PDA

View Full Version : I have a chance to go to DL, need info!

MaryT
07-16-2001, 03:37 PM
Although I've been to DW dozens of times, I've only spent 1/2 day at DL. I have some friends who will be visiting family the first week in August and want to try to meet them there.
However, I know NOTHING about hotels or anything there. I need help!

I've checked airline tickets - and they are not too bad - but should I fly into LAX or Orange County?

Where would be someplace reasonably priced to stay (they will be staying with family - so it would be just me at the hotel)? Would it be possible to find something for $75 or less a night?

Would I need a car? Or could I take a shuttle from the airport (which one?) and then walk or shuttle from the hotel?

I'm really excited about this - both about Disney and the opportunity to see friends I haven't seen in a year!

Thanks!

DonnaS
07-16-2001, 04:43 PM
Hi,
We like to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We recently got back from there and it was $72 plus tax per night with a AAA discount. However, this hotel is very popular and it may not be available for your dates. There are other choices and I'm sure others will make some recommendations.

I would fly into John Wayne Airport (Orange County). It is closer. There are SuperShuttles there that can transport you. I'm not sure of the cost as DH and usually take a cab (about $35 each way).

You shouldn't need a car there if you are staying close. The Candy Cane has it's own shuttle and it's also within walking distance.

Good luck and have fun!

JenniferW
07-18-2001, 08:58 AM
I know OC is closer, but depending on your budget LAX isn't too bad depending on the time you arrive, there's a lot more traffic! Try for OC but you could do LAX if you had to, in fact that is what we normally do.

There are quite a few hotels in the Anaheim area that offer shuttles or are close enough to walk. I bid on Priceline last time and stayed at the Marriott for around 50 a ngiht and the Hilton Anaheim Suites for around 45 a night. Of course, this is completley subject to availability and soem of them change for parking some not. I also know that Courtyard by Marriott is having some speicals, look at their website, I saw it through the NorthWest Airlines weekly mailing myself.

You are so lucky! You'll really enjoy it. DL is quite a bit different and you will enjoy a few of the rides that are unique.

Jenn