PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Unofficial Guide to Disney World

Disney4me04
08-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Is out. I picked up a copy on Saturday.!

ForTheLoveofDisney
08-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Do you have to buy one every year? I know I do. Crazy, nothing really changes but still, I have to buy it. Actually, I buy Birnbaum's. Which one do you get?

Franne
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
I just got mine too, of course ordered through barnes and noble through My Points :)
I need to have the newest one each time, I don't know why. Maybe it's some kind of obsession! It's funny, as I read through these boards I see there are so many people out there obsessed like I am. Glad I'm in good company!
Franne

earldale97
08-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Is it really worth the money to pick up one of these books?

I have debated... It seems I can get all the information I could ever want off the internet.

What is the argument for buying?

Thanks

mermaidwannabe
08-30-2004, 07:57 PM
I've been wondering if the guidebooks are worth the moolah too. ??? The money could go towards DW! :)

ForTheLoveofDisney
08-30-2004, 09:25 PM
The money could go towards DW!

So true. And to be honest with you, I can't tell you why I have to buy one every year but I do.

I can get much information from the internet. I basically get what I need from these boards, but sometimes when I'm in the car, I take my book. If I have to sit at the Doctor's office I take my book. Sometimes when I'm w/ DH (he's a professional truck driver) I'll read things to him and in the back sometimes they have surveys that they've done and I'll ask DH, "What is the #1 favorite character meal?" and he'll try to answer right. We make a game of it. So I guess for me, it's like having a portable bit of the magic.

JMHO.

ceecee
08-30-2004, 09:57 PM
I used to buy one every year, but they are usually the same. I haven't bought one since 03.

Lucky4me
08-30-2004, 10:19 PM
I bought the Unofficial Guide 2005. I loved it even though I already knew everything in it from my own trips, this site and other Disney sites. The touring plans crack me up. I have notebooks full of similar plans that usually ended up not being used after the first few hours. Besides knowing which day to go to which park, winging it is a much better idea.

I also realized that If I was going to Disney world for the first time and read that book, I'd be so overwhelmed I'd go to the beach instead. :)