PDA

View Full Version : Forgetful things

Raggedy
08-29-2004, 03:28 AM
What are things you always forget when you travel. I am going to start writing down everything i need, so i don't have to spend extra money in Disney

Q tips, razors, lotion

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

figgy4me
08-29-2004, 08:23 AM
You need to make you a list on your computer and keep it updated as needed. Then when you can print it out before you go on vacation and check it off as you pack.

tcfdick
08-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Here's a site with a great list of things to bring on your trip to WDW:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/forgot.htm

:earsgirl:

eeyore kelly
08-29-2004, 10:29 AM
You need to make you a list on your computer and keep it updated as needed. Then when you can print it out before you go on vacation and check it off as you pack.

I do this, too. I even divide the list into DH, Me, DS, DD. It makes packing easier.

My Disney packing list started as the Ulitimate Packing list, and i just revised it for our family.

Raggedy
08-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the link. I have been on allears.net so many times and have never seen that link. Thank you.

I posted this because there have been many times where you forget something and it goes into your disney budget. LOL Can't have that.

If you can think of anything else please post it.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ForTheLoveofDisney
08-29-2004, 02:36 PM
I always take tums or Pepcid. Don't forget little bottles of antibacterial gel. I had a terrible problem the last time I was there and I really could have used some corectol. Just some ideas. Oh, and don't forget band~aids in case you get blisters.

I always end up taking too much but it really comes in handy when I need it. Last Dec. when we went, I had to buy some sinus medicine in MGM and it was outrageous for 2 little pills. The same price you could have bought a whole box of them for in Wal~Mart.

Hope this helps

juicefruit00
09-15-2004, 07:59 PM
SUN BLOCK, GUM, FLOSS, MY KIDS!!!! LOL

DiaDeGuadalupe
09-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh, definitely allergy/sinus pills, especially if you use anything other than Benadryl or Sudafed. I had a terrible allergy attack on our last trip, and luckily, the nice lady at Basin directed me to a clothing store who had a little box of different OTC meds behind the register.

Bring your own lotion, shampoo and conditioner, too (especially if your hair is chemically treated - the stuff at the resorts will dry it out :( )

Deodorant! Nobody wants to be in a long line for a ride with the Lost Dwarf, "Stinky" ;)

Ozymoe
09-16-2004, 06:13 AM
LOL...our family has a "medicine bag" that always goes along.

bandaids
antibiotic salve (Neosporin or similar)
white adhesive tape
4X4 gauze pack
antacid (I also put in some Pepcid too)
Immodium (although I'm a firm believer in allowing diarrhea to run its course, on vacation sometimes it could be needed)
antihistime tablets
ibuprofen
box of Theraflu
throat lozenges (although hard candy works well in a pinch)
Neosynephrine (nasal decongestant drops or spray)
ace bandages
Mom's Magical Elix-ear (for swimmer's ear)
small pliable reuseable freezable cold pack
Noxema (for chafing, mild sunburn)
an "itch" remedy for insect bites

I'm prepared for just about anything minor. This doesn't take up much space and it has saved us countless $$ on our vacations.

mickeycw
09-16-2004, 07:30 AM
We also pack what my husband refers to as the "drug bag" He laughs but has saved us lots of $$

WDWorBUST
09-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Do you guys remember the year that everyone was getting sick on the cruise ships and at Disney? I think it was like Oct - Dec of 2002. Anyway.....my friends laughed at me so much because of our "medicine" bag. And we carried little things of antibacterial gel and used it all the time. Granted it's never a bad time to do that at Disney with all the people that are touching hand rails, etc....but we were always using it - but not as much as last year after our DD was born - it had to be a year that we had to have a flu epidemic that we had her.

juicefruit00
09-18-2004, 07:57 PM
These boards are great. As i read them i am writing my list down. I would of forgot alot of things. Anyone else have any good idea's?????

Raggedy
09-18-2004, 08:08 PM
I just bought a small first aid kit. This will be great for my car when we come home.

Dopey's twin Dippy
09-19-2004, 11:56 PM
im laughing cause i bring my bag of everything to. We take amtrak train down from home, so i really make sure we have extra stuff to. Like the handi wipes for hands, etc.,gel soap that needs no water, . The thing i really need is the Dramamine for dd, i never go any where without that. and the regular stuff : Tylenol, advil, tums,band aids, kleenex,sinus and cold stuff. I also bring the Ponds face wipes for me cause its a LONG train ride.

Ozymoe
09-20-2004, 08:40 AM
You know, some days it's just nice to know I'm not all alone in the way I think.

Thank you...all you other "medicine bag" users!

Raggedy
09-20-2004, 07:31 PM
lol

Raggedy
09-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Ok, i am going over my list. CAn anyone think of anything else?

Lucky4me
09-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Antiperspirant spray for your feet! (we like Suave baby powder scent) Spray them every day before putting on your cotton socks. You will not get blisters or even hot spots. Your feet will thank you. Some people use vaseline, but that's a little too greasy for me.

Raggedy
09-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Lucky4me
WOW, This really works? I'll have to try it. Thank you for the tip.

HenDuck
09-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Air freshener/Lysol for the hotel bathroom.

Reading material for the plane, etc.

Tea or hot chocolate for a night-cap

Lots of ziploc and other plastic bags.

Quarters for laundry and penny press machines.

Laundry detergent and softener sheets.

Feminine products.

Birth control (or not...)

Extra duffle bag for souvies.

Bags, bags, bags - I bring a back pack, fanny pack, cooler bag, etc. Ready for anything.

House slippers for the hotel room.

We bring a noise maker like a cheap fan - sometimes the room is TOO quiet.

Extra credit card and phone numbers for credit card companies.

I also bring the phone number from the credit union where we get our traveler's checks from. Came in handy one trip where we lost our checks. They helped us get new ones the next morning.

I also carry my own medicine/first aid kit. Every trip, I add something to it. I bring pain relievers for each person because we all have our favs. True, you can buy it at Disney, but then you have to hunt it down. Wastes valuable time. My DS and DH both have a lot of skin problems so we bring every skin ointment/cream known to man, including stuff for yeasty infections, like jock itch and athlete's foot. Also, we not only bring cold meds, I bring zinc lozenges to combat any early symptoms we feel coming on.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I start my own packing list.

Good luck!

:teeth: