PDA

View Full Version : Which is the cheapest drugstore chain?

frannn
08-28-2004, 10:50 PM
I need to purchase some serious meds for our trip in Sept, and want to go to the least expensive drugstore to buy all of them. I still need either childrens Dimeatapp or Triaminic for the plane ride (per dr), Sinus pills, Maylox Max, and Childrens Tylenol or Motrin. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. I wouldn't be opposed to buying store brand, as long as it had the same ingredients and is safe for kids. I have CVS, Walgreens, and the one that used to be Genovese near me. I think there are some others that I can't bring to mind right now. Which one will I spend the least at? TIA!

Amirah95
08-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Here in NJ, I find that Rite Aid is the cheapest (not by too many pennies) from CVS or Drug Fair. I look out for coupons to get over the counter medications. I faithfully keep my nose in the Sunday paper.

Bildmouse
08-29-2004, 08:59 AM
I find WalMart is the least expensive for those types of things especially when you buy their brand.

eeyore kelly
08-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I find WalMart is the least expensive for those types of things especially when you buy their brand.

I do too. The only thing I find cheaper is a hospital pharamcy (sp?). A friend of mine works at a hospital, and she can get things there very cheap. Just a thought!

safetymom
08-29-2004, 11:46 AM
I agree. Try looking at the prices in Wal Mart.

maraakl
08-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by frannn
I need to purchase some serious meds for our trip in Sept, and want to go to the least expensive drugstore to buy all of them. I still need either childrens Dimeatapp or Triaminic for the plane ride (per dr), Sinus pills, Maylox Max, and Childrens Tylenol or Motrin. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. I wouldn't be opposed to buying store brand, as long as it had the same ingredients and is safe for kids. I have CVS, Walgreens, and the one that used to be Genovese near me. I think there are some others that I can't bring to mind right now. Which one will I spend the least at? TIA!

Not sure if you have a WalMart nearby, but, they are, I have found for me personally, to be the least expensive and their store brand is great.

frannn
08-29-2004, 05:28 PM
I would have never thought to go there for drugstore items. I had a field day today! I got their brand (Equate) of everything I needed, plus a container of antibacterial wipes and baby wipes. It's the other things I bought that I spent too much on, LOL. I think I saved about 50% or more off the normal price of the name brand stuff. I will shop Walmart for my meds from now on!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LovesDoomBuggies
09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
I like to keep an eye on Walgreens- it seems like they are ALWAYS having buy 1 get 1 free specials on vitamins and things like that.
It's not my favorite store, but I will definitely stop in for a B1G1F item.

crisi
09-01-2004, 11:41 AM
I like Walgreens, they also have reasonably priced store brands. And they have great sales. Since they sell nothing but a few things I need and a lot of JUNK its a great place to shop - I never leave with more than I went in for. Unlike Target, where I suddenly discover that I really need a new capri outfit because its so cute!

Target also has reasonably priced store brands.

Muushka
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
You know who else has some bargain drugs?? Sams Club of course!

I get my Chlortrimeton (allergy meds) there with the brand name Member's Mark, 400 tabs for $3.29. That is less that a penny a tablet. They also have other MM brand drugs. Check 'em out!