PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Airfare Needed! Please Help!

toystoryduo
08-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Hello Budget Boarders!:wave:

I wasn't really sure where to post this (transportation or budget board), but I figured I would start here. My cousin and his son are flying up from the St. Petersburg, Florida area to Hopkins (Cleveland) September 21 and are returning home on September 25th or 26th, 2004. I have never booked airfare before because I have never flown before. (I am a chicken and chickens don't fly. ;) :crazy: ) Anyhow, I would love to get them a super cheap rate, but don't know what deals are out there. Can you help me get them a great rate? Can you point me in the right direction? I would really, really appreciate it and so would they!:teeth:

Thanks!:teeth:

BETTYDISNEY
08-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Try delta.com they have pretty decent airfares. Their cheap end is called song. They have t.v's on the back of each seat. It is rather good. when we go down to FL we always travel delta.

betty

tinkerbell13
08-28-2004, 06:01 PM
I would sign up with one of the travel sites to check out low fares. We inquired on Orbitz for our flights to MCO from ONT and were given the option to have an email sent if the fares dropped. When the email came in we jumped on them and got RT for ~$215
Can't remember exact price, but this was about $75 per ticket lower than original quote. Saved us a bundle x5 :sunny:

Santa
08-29-2004, 08:27 PM
I do know Southwest fly's out of Columbus. They generally have cheap fares.

We use Airtran out of Dayton most of the time.

ladydancer
08-30-2004, 06:46 AM
I would go to www.travelocity.com put in all your travel information. Check the prices. Then I would go to the top 3 airlines websites that gave the best deals. See if those airlines websites might have a better deal. This is what I do all the time and usually get a better deal at the airline website.

Good-luck

Straitlover
08-30-2004, 08:21 AM
I checked on Southwest. Flying out of Tampa (isn't St Pete right near Tampa???) you can do 9/21 and reutrn on 9/25 for right at $186 RT each including all taxes and fees. Returning on the 26th would be around $265 each. Problem is it's hard sometimes to get good prices this close to your travel date.

Microcell
08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Get some Xanax and you will no longer be a chicken! Southwest is usually the cheapest if you go right to their site.