PDA

View Full Version : Annual pass question

parker720
08-27-2004, 07:19 PM
In learning I could save a lot more money on the Wilderness Lodge resort by going with the annual passholder rate, I called and secured the much-lower discount rate with a credit card. I thought I could simply go to my local Disney store and purchase an annual pass, but of course, I now realize this is only a voucher, which apparently will do me no good at resort check-in until it's activated. They want the photo ID at check-in. We are arriving at the airport at 6:44 p.m. in November (assuming no delays), potentially too late to activate a voucher at one of the theme parks. Does anyone have advice on the easiest way to get a voucher activated with two kids and luggage in tow at 9 p.m.?

mrsgus06
08-27-2004, 07:31 PM
When we checked into Ft. Wilderness last month, we had not purchased our ap. I informed the cm that I needed to buy one and guess what? they don't sell them at the campground! She took pity on me and still gave me the ap discount rate and later, in passing, I did show her the ap because she joked about "hunting me down later". Anyway, maybe you can show the cm the certificate. I should think that would work. Good luck!

JoiseyMom
08-27-2004, 07:35 PM
You can go to Downtown Disney and have it activated there. Or, I think if you buy the pass at the Disney Store at the Airport, it is a real pass, not a voucher.

Strings
08-27-2004, 08:44 PM
From what I have read, the voucher will work. They may ask you to return to the desk the next day with the activated pass. I wouldn't worry about it. The voucher shows that you paid for it.

parker720
08-27-2004, 08:54 PM
According to the Central Reservations Office you have to provide the actual photo ID pass at time of check-in. Otherwise the resort doesn't have to give you the rate. I had read on various websites that as long as you have the voucher at time of check-in and convert it over before you check-out, you'll still get the rate. But after making a number of phone calls, the official line is you have to have the Photo ID. You'd think the voucher would be enough since it's proof that you paid, but apparently some of the lodges do not honor that. It will be more tricky to activate a pass in the evening when we're arriving. I had heard about the store in the airport, which sells activated passes, but if our flight gets delayed at all, we might not beat the store's 9 p.m. closing. I don't know if I'm better off buying the voucher here in St. Louis ahead of time and falling on the mercy of the resort when I get there, or waiting till I get to Orlando to try to buy an activated pass at the airport or at Downtown Disney (again, a challenge when you're arriving with luggage and two children by way of taxi).

briannesmom
08-27-2004, 09:03 PM
We just used the voucher last month at the WL and went back the next day to show them the pass. It was no problem. You mentioned in your last post "According to the Central Reservations Office you have to provide the actual photo ID pass at time of check-in. "
Our AP does not have our photo on it only our name. They use a finger scan thing at the turnstyles of the park to verify that it is you.

Hope that helps,

Amy

aeryn
08-27-2004, 09:48 PM
None of the Annual Passes have photos on them. You may need to have the voucher *and* a photo id (dl/passport,military id, etc) to have them honor the ap rate. I also wouldn't be surprised if you need to go back and validate the rate again after you've procured the actual pass.

That being said, you can activate it at Guest Services at Downtown Disney, if needed.

n2mm
08-28-2004, 05:52 AM
What the newest email says is a "photo ID for an active passholder", we have to do this when we buy AP pins too. The name on the AP must match an official photo ID of the holder. Meaning you need to show your current AP plus your photo. We also have to do this when we go to AP soft opennings. They check the name against your ID and they check the expiration date. My grandson, who is also an AP holder, has a picture ID (since he was 6--now 10) because of this reason. Now that he's a Disney "adult" they can request an ID and we want no hassle, so we get him a new ID from DMV every couple of years. I thought the local TDS sold the AP vouchers?? can't remember. You can also order it online if you have enough time. I use to just order mine by calling the passholder phone number. (Been an AP holder for 10 years now.)

Hygiene99
08-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Voucher will work ..

God nine out of 10 times we have not even been asked to Produce any annual pass at check in...

peter