PDA

View Full Version : 4 day hopper Plus

chip1
08-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I went to Mousesavers and called three of the places they recommended. Ideally all I need is a three day ticket, not the plus feature. I am being told they do not exist unless you are with a convention. So, I priced the 4 day plus ticket. The best price I got was from Ticket Mania. It was $220 and that included tax and shipping. How does this sound??

Microcell
08-27-2004, 04:49 PM
I think we were looking at 4 day hoppers not plus for around $160 for DD and 192.00 for adults so if yours are 4 day with plus for $220 it may be worth the $28.00 if you want to go to disney questand or the water parks. Admission to Disney quest is $50.00. Somebody else smarter than me help us both out if there is a better deal!

mad4themouse
08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Unless you want to join HotwireSavingsClub, the $220/adult price for a 4-day PHP is probably the best that you will find. Ticketmania includes the taxes and free shipping with their orders. There are some ticketbrokers that have lower prices but they do not include the tax or they will not the ship passes or they charge an outrageous amount for shipping. Good luck in your search.

BTW, DQ admission is $33.02/$26.63 (adult/child0 and it is not included in the "plus" options on a regular PHP. There are some "special" PHPs that include PI/DQ options but Ticketmania does not sell them.

chip1
08-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks, guys. BTW, Florida Orlando Tickets was $224.95 plus $7 shipping (tax incl.). Paramount International was $225 plus $15 shipping for entire order (tax incl.). I thought the $220 incl ship and tax sounded good. Again, THANKS!!

dis-happy
08-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Don't forget to consider AAA prices---$209. and $169., adult and child prices for the 4 Day Hopper. And for about $20.(? I think) more you can add a 5th day and save it for next time. Pick it up at your local AAA office and avoid the shipping charges.

castlehappy
08-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I just ordered my 4 day hopper passes when I made my reservations. My reservation was for room only and I wanted to get my tickets later. My CM told me I could get the 4 day PHP through them for $215. I thought that was good since everywhere else I check was more than that.

mad4themouse
08-28-2004, 05:47 PM
castlehappy,
I didn't think that Disney sold a 4-day PHP to the general public. However, their advance purchase price on an adult 4-day PH is $215.13. There would be no "plus" option on that pass. Did you purchase a 4-day PH or a 4-day PHP?

HappyLawyer
08-28-2004, 09:22 PM
i think it is cheaper like 202 if you go to disney site directly, keep in mind tickermania includes shipping, not sure what disney charges for shipping so it would be 202+ maybe tax and delivery that is the adult price

bouncetigger
08-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Try discountorlandovacation.com ask for their unadvertised specials. They were giving away 2 adult 3 day Disney hoppers with a Disney fan site.

rockin_rep
08-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi Microcell, where did you see them for $192? That sounds like the best deal yet...unless i'm missing something??

Also, it's been my experience that if you stay on site you CAN get the 3 day park hopper or even the TWO day park hopper. We've been getting one or the other for years. Has that changed?

maraakl
08-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Microcell
I think we were looking at 4 day hoppers not plus for around $160 for DD and 192.00 for adults so if yours are 4 day with plus for $220 it may be worth the $28.00 if you want to go to disney questand or the water parks. Admission to Disney quest is $50.00. Somebody else smarter than me help us both out if there is a better deal!

disney Quest is 32.86 and is not a plus option on a hopper pass.
You can get DQ tickets via tickemania for 24.00.

maraakl
08-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rockin_rep
Hi Microcell, where did you see them for $192? That sounds like the best deal yet...unless i'm missing something??

Also, it's been my experience that if you stay on site you CAN get the 3 day park hopper or even the TWO day park hopper. We've been getting one or the other for years. Has that changed?

sounds like you have been getting the UPH's when you stay on site.

maraakl
08-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by HappyLawyer
i think it is cheaper like 202 if you go to disney site directly, keep in mind tickermania includes shipping, not sure what disney charges for shipping so it would be 202+ maybe tax and delivery that is the adult price

the disney site does not include tax or shipping. With tax (using your number) it would be 215.13 for that pass and 3.00 shipping.
You can avoid the shipping by requesting "will call", which means you can pick the pass up at any ticket window with your receipt.

Here is a link that will help calculate Disneys prices vs. other ticket brokers. http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm

lvlurker
08-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Alamo car rental sells the 3-day Park Hopper for ~$179 (you do need to have a reservation through Alamo to purchase).

407-934-7639

http://www.alamo.com/hotDealsTemplate.do?msg=disney_ticket_sales_offer

hookedondizney
08-29-2004, 10:29 PM
I have been searching for the best deal regarding these PH's and I looked at mapleleaftickets.com and ticketmania and a few others but, when I looked at the Disney site it listed the 4 day PH with NO plus to be w/ tax=$215.13. The other sites were $224.00 and $236.00. Well, which would you go with if you were looking to save? I have always thought that the ticket brokers were selling the tickets cheaper than Disney.......has Disney decided to change that?

hookedondizney:confused:

mad4themouse
08-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Disney has always been the cheaper source for PHs (no pluses). In fact, it used to be that most ticket brokers didn't even offer the PHs because of the prices they would have to charge is higher than Disney's.

However, if you're looking to purchase PHPs, then just about any ticket broker will be less expensive than purchasing from Disney. Just remember to make sure that you're doing an accutate comparison.
Disney's advance-purchase 4-day PH for $202.00. It includes no pluses and tax (6.5%) & shipping is extra. They do not sell a 4-day PHP online or at the gate.
Maple Leaf and Paramount do not include shipping in their prices but they do include taxes. Their websites do not show prices for 4-day PHs but both sell a 4-day PHP for about $225 (adult).
Discount Orlando Vacations has a 4-day PH for $200 but you have to pick it up in their office. The ticket expires 14-days after its first use, unlike the Disney pass which has no expiration date.

Doodlebug939
08-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by bouncetigger
Try discountorlandovacation.com ask for their unadvertised specials. They were giving away 2 adult 3 day Disney hoppers with a Disney fan site.

I just ordered my sister a three day ticket from them for an adult and a child. The prices were:

Adult $175 and Child $145

They also have 3 day hoppers that include Pleasure Island or Disney Quest. (Valid for 10 days from 1st day of use)

Adult Price $185 Child Price $155

It says: Our ticket prices are in U.S. Dollars. Our prices include already include tax.

Shipping Information

* Shipping is FREE on ALL domestic orders. Please allow 8 - 12 business days from the day you place your order till it is in your mailbox.
* International orders must purchase FedEx with us ($25) or if they have their own FedEx account they may use it.
* Email notifications are sent on the day of shipping.

My order was sent out in about 2 weeks after I placed the order. I think that Hurricane Charley slowed it down a little. They did send an email the day it was mailed and had no problems. You have to join their news letter email to get the 2, and 3 day hoppers. It only took a minute. I hope that it helps some of you out there. Oh year they do also have the 30 days fun in the sun ticket as well but I cant remember the prices.

rockin_rep
08-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi Doodlebug, that sounds great! Thanks for the info!

Also, do you (or anyone else) know if this is less than "length of stay" PH's that are bought at the on-site resorts? We've always done that in the past, but i never really noticed how much they were....! (that was before i was familiar with the disboards!!!)

TIA!

maraakl
08-30-2004, 08:45 AM
The link posted earlier will give you the UPH prices.

rockin_rep
08-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Yes, i checked out that site and saved it. However, it doesn't show the 3 night / 3 day PH that i know we've purchased in the past. Maybe i'm missing something....i'm soo confused!

Also, how do i busy an advance purchase for length-of-stay....if we're not there yet!?? Again, i'm soo confused!

Or maybe it's just a blurry monday...... :(

maraakl
08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
I think you might be looking for a 3 night/4 day UPH. They are usually sold with one more day than nights. Is this maybe what you did?
If you purchase them in advance, you do not have the option of taking off the first or last day.
You can only purchase them in advance as part of a package.

I can sure relate to blurry Mondays. :)

patriciah2
08-30-2004, 09:51 PM
I was planning on buyin the 4 day PH no plus, but saw tht the 5 day was only $28 more. I know that they never expire, but state that they are non-transferable. However, people have said that they don't check to make sure the original person uses the unsued days. Is that true. I also saw something else about now requiring a finger scan. I am asking because we are going Dec 1 -6, but I really think we'll only need 4 days. However, my oldest daughter is staying for a conference and the next weekend at the edn of the conference her fiancee will be joining her. I wondered if he could use one of ours if they decided to do a day at DW. My daughter is still in college and they are saving for the wedding, so thought if it was ok they'd enjoy it, but don't want to spend the money if they can't as we probably won't return for some time (if ever).

maraakl
08-31-2004, 12:33 AM
They are not transferrable, however, there is no way to check.
They do not use finger scans for regular park hoppers. That is for annual passes and certain other tickets.