PDA

View Full Version : ebay motors, have you ever done it?

Carrie Ellis
08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi!

I currently have a small truck on ebay motors. This is my very first ebay experience for selling! I have bought several times.

I put a reserve price of the very lowest that I would want for it. So far I have had probably 5 emails asking what the reserve is. I told them because I want to sale it bad!! I kind of felt like I new why they were asking. Probably the last couple of minutes they will shoot the reserve price in and get it for that.

There has been 7 bids but the reserve is not met. 10 watchers.

I have asked for cash only and local pickup. I am selling it very very reasonable so I felt like that was fair and easier on us.

I hope this works and I have not made any mistakes. I was going to post here before I did it but it was one of those days were you just get it done.

Any thoughts?

janskin
08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
We bought a Jeep Wrangler on Ebay before. We had to drive from Houston to Laredo to pick it up. The transaction was smooth. We paid $500.00 through Paypal for him to hold the Jeep until the weekend and then paid him in cash.

Jan

vettechick99
08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
I sold my Tahoe on ebay, but did not put a reserve. I just listed it at the minimum amount I would accept and practically shouted NO RESERVE. :) It did sell and I was very happy with my transaction.

I think you will do well. If those people have asked the reserve and are bidding, most likely it will reach and you will sell for at least that. Good luck and keep us posted!