PDA

View Full Version : My Walmart finds.........

mrskay9
08-27-2004, 07:51 AM
I went to Walmart last night and they had the new Cabbage Patch dolls. The lady getting one down off the top shelf told me they thought these would sell out very quickly and it'd be one of the top gifts for xmas!!!

Also next to that were these porcelain Disney dolls princesses. I think they were about $20 and said Collector on it. I think these will be big too--they're new to me.

Then the next aisle had Disney princess dress up stuff, tiara, dresses, etc and also toys. I thought about getting the princess sing along microphone for my dd, but it was a tad annoying.

So, you may want to check out your local WM. Also, I had thought about buying an extra Cabbage Patch doll and the Disney dolls too and selling them on ebay closer to xmas, but dh would've killed me.

good luck! (this is the earliest I've ever done any xmas shopping!)

pandamom
08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the info! :) My dd's have the microphone and love it -- but YES it is VERY annoying! ;) Also, might want to check www.disneydeals.com -- they have collectible porcelain princess dolls for $4.99 (have had 'em for ahwile).

we3disneygo
08-27-2004, 08:55 AM
I was in Wal Mart the other day and saw some disney purses and some mickey wallets, I also saw the dolls, they have had these for a couple of years I get one for my daughter every year, last year she got Tink! I shop early for Christmas every year and am always done by Thanksgiving it is a great thing! Happy Shopping!:earsgirl:

disneysnowflake
08-27-2004, 11:54 AM
I've been an avid Cabbage Patch Kids collector since 1983.
They sell these new dolls at Wal Mart, Target, KMart, Kohls, Toys R Us, KayBee Toys, etc. They are cute.

Here is a picture of the new Cabbage Patch Kid I got a few weeks ago. She's cute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/pennstater/RubyCarolyne.jpg

disneysnowflake
08-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Here's another Cabbage Patch Kid from the same new line that's out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/pennstater/DestinyMyra.jpg

Carrie Ellis
08-27-2004, 12:23 PM
My sister just called me last night and said she bought a cabbage patch for my daughter. She got it at Kohls on sale plus had a 10% off coupon.

My sis says that the ones at Kohls look just like the ones that were out when she was a kiddo. She said the CP at Toys R US are diferent??? I do not know alot about CP since it was past my time when they were popular!

She did get a red head to match my daughter! he he!

swilshire
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Have you Cabbage Patch fans discovered Babyland General Hospital in Cleveland GA? It's the home of the original Cabbage Patch doll. If you're ever in North Georgia, it's not to be missed.

We go there every year and take pictures of our kids with the dolls. My favorite is of my youngest when he is sitting on a bench with a bunch of them and their feet are bigger than his.

Sheila

disneysnowflake
08-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Sheila,
I've only been to Babyland once. That was in 2000. That little town of Helen is so nice, too. What a pretty area. We stayed at the hotel by Unicoi State Park. So pretty.
I really want to go back, but with my schedule and going to WDW this year I think I won't make it back there until 2005 or 2006.
Do you buy soft sculptures when you visit? I try to get one new soft sculpture per year. The people who make them are so talented.

Octoberbeauty
08-28-2004, 12:19 AM
I went Christmas shopping this morning and bought my dd a Cabbage Patch Doll! ::yes:: I also figured the selection on the new ones would be very limited closer to Christmas. She's so adorable that it's going to be hard to wait till Christmas to give it to her. Which is why I'm wrapping it up tomorrow! :p Out of sight, out of mind.

mrskay9
08-28-2004, 06:23 AM
I wrapped mine last night too, and you're probably right about the selection!

maciec
08-28-2004, 09:31 AM
What's "new" about these CP dolls? Why do you think they will be a hottie this Christmas?

disneydreamer1970
08-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I went and purchased one for DD today...I plan on giving it to her for her 4th birthday, which we are celebrating two days before we leave for WDW and the Disney Magic!! She is so cute....I was showing her off to my family today....Little does DD know I have about 15 Cabbage Patch dolls packed away at my parents...Guess we might have to dig them out!!

HollyJoy
08-28-2004, 08:36 PM
I saw a couple of cabbage patch dolls at Toys R Us today that were on a Green Tag Clearance sale. Didn't look at the price, but they were 50% off the clearance tag!

Also, Costco has a set of 3 porcelin Disney Princess dolls for $18.99 (I believe that's the right price). You can choose from two different sets: #1 Cinderella, Ariel and Belle. #2 Tinkerbell, Snow White and Aurora

Princess set 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36529&item=5515713391&rd=1)

Princess set 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36529&item=5515713407&rd=1)

Disneyland_emily
08-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Gotta love Christmas time at Walmart :) Okay Okay Its just time for the christmas toys...

See *MY* christmas has already past as no more NEW toys will be coming for awhile... Now they are all out for everyone to see...

I like the new cabbage patch dolls and I also think they will go well- We've already sold our "starter order" of the 20 buck Princess dolls- Gotta start ordering for christmas :)

My fav things are the princess dresses- Tink and Belle joined the force and the Cinderella dress changed to be MUCH prettier than before (hoping the Aurora dress does too)

I've got about 2 weeks before I mass order them in for Halloween- Last year I sold 300 (100 of each) dress this year I hope to sell over that with 5 choices (and hopefully about 400 capes)

We shall see :)

As for christmas- I'm betting Disney Scrabble Jr, DIsney Trivial Pursuit and Disney Scene It will also go well :)

-em

disneysnowflake
08-29-2004, 06:15 AM
I think the reason people think Cabbage Patch Kids will be hot this year is the fact that they are now packaged in boxes that look similar to the ones they came out with in the 1980s.

Cabbage Patch Kids have never gone away since the 80s, but this time around they packaged pretty much like the Coleco ones from the 80s in those big yellow boxes.

I guess it's that whole "bringing back the 80s" toy thing... My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, etc.

I'm not too sure how out of stock they will be, but I do know that they are selling well here.

mrskay9
08-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Hey Hollyjoy!,

I hope you've already invested in a big stick. You're going to have to beat those boys off! Your girls are beautiful! What a great photo too!

As for why the cpd are New or will be Hot, I don't really know except for a marketing ploy I do believe. New commercials. I didn't ever have a cpd when I was younger, so I don't know how they compare or differ.

So I do know I'm a sucker for good marketing, but oh well.....my dd now has one....well, will have one come Dec 25th!

HollyJoy
08-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by mrskay9
Hey Hollyjoy!,

I hope you've already invested in a big stick. You're going to have to beat those boys off! Your girls are beautiful! What a great photo too!

As for why the cpd are New or will be Hot, I don't really know except for a marketing ploy I do believe. New commercials. I didn't ever have a cpd when I was younger, so I don't know how they compare or differ.

So I do know I'm a sucker for good marketing, but oh well.....my dd now has one....well, will have one come Dec 25th!

Thanks! :) I showed my girls the cabbage patch kids while in TRU, and they couldn't be bothered with them.

pyrxtc
08-29-2004, 08:42 AM
I saw the CPK's at Walmart yesterday too. I also think they will be one of the "big things" this year for christmas along with the weebles possibly. Following history, you will see it repeat itself. I was part of the CPK thing in the 80's. I had 5 at least plus a corn silk kid. My ODD has one from TRU and wants another. I'm sure my YDD will want one too.

I also think the fur real babies will be huge too I know I'll be shopping for x-mas ASAP so I'm not running around like crazy trying to find my presents.

snowgooseltd
08-29-2004, 12:45 PM
HollyJoe...your girls are stunning!! You're gonna need a corral once the boys start coming around. Enjoy them, they are beautiful!!

bettyann29
08-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I've been wanting to get my youngest a Cabbage Patch Kid for a few years. She'll be 7 a few days after Christmas and I think this is the year! She takes care of her babies more now than ever so I think Im gonna find a really cute one this year. Can anyone tell me do they list the name of the doll on the outside of the box? Or do you get to make up your own name? Sorry.. I was never in the CBK phase when I was younger..

Hollyjoe.. I loved the pictures on your website!! They are cuties...

Octoberbeauty
08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bettyann29
Can anyone tell me do they list the name of the doll on the outside of the box? Or do you get to make up your own name? Sorry.. I was never in the CBK phase when I was younger..

You can read the names and birthdate through the front window of the box. If you don't like the name they've supplied, I believe you can change it on the adoption papers.

Sherry :D

Octoberbeauty
08-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Disneyland_emily
Gotta love Christmas time at Walmart :) Okay Okay Its just time for the christmas toys...

My fav things are the princess dresses- Tink and Belle joined the force and the Cinderella dress changed to be MUCH prettier than before (hoping the Aurora dress does too)

I've got about 2 weeks before I mass order them in for Halloween- Last year I sold 300 (100 of each) dress this year I hope to sell over that with 5 choices (and hopefully about 400 capes)

The new princess dresses are soo much prettier than they used to be! I Love the new Tinkerbell one, getting it for dd for Halloween (if it will fit). ::yes::

bettyann29
08-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Octoberbeauty.. Thanks for the reply!! I'm gonna get one for my little one this year either for Christmas or her birthday which is a few days after christmas.. I know she'll love one... I was gonna try to find one with her first name, cause I know she'll think thats cool, but if I cant find one then I'll look for a real cute one and let her name it..

Thanks again..

Disneyland_emily
08-30-2004, 03:10 AM
>>I also think the fur real babies will be huge << Just DONT get the new Cubs- Unless I got a warped one they are VERY annoying... Lasted a whole 45 minutes out of the box till it went back...

They are very cute though :)

>>The new princess dresses are soo much prettier than they used to be! << Oh yeah! I LOVE the new Cinderella one and the Tink :) Not so fond of the Belle or the (old) Aurora- I hope Aurora gets a new one too :) -em