PDA

View Full Version : Question about AAA discount

PrincessChelsey'sMOM
08-26-2004, 10:36 PM
We are going in Jan to WDW (me, DH, DS, DD) and have asked my in-laws if they wanted to join us. Neither of them have ever been to Disney, and I always love taking "new" people! My father-in-law belongs to AAA, but we do not. He is going to check into package deals. How does AAA work. If he booked our trip, does he just have to put a deposit down, and can we pay the balance on our room when we arrive, or will they make him pay because it is in his name. If so, we will just pay him, but it would be easier just to do it separately.

Thanks!

mad4themouse
08-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Packages and "room-only" reservations are handled differently. The packages must be paid in full by a certain date (I think 45 days prior to departure?) while room-only ressies do not need to be paid in full until check in. There are also different cancellation policies for each.

If he plans to do room-only ressies using a AAA discount, he may be better off booking the rooms himself, rather than using a TA. He can get a AAA room discount without using a AAA TA. You retain control over the ressie if you're the one to book it. Otherwise, all changes must be made thru the TA.

toystorymom
08-27-2004, 08:41 AM
I agree with not using the AAA travel agent. He can call Disney himself and make the reservation, ask for a AAA rate and he can book 2 rooms. For room only, he will only have to put a deposit down, the price of 1 night per room. The balance is due when you get there. (Packages have different payment rules)

Hope that helps!

Alicia Gist
08-27-2004, 08:55 AM
We used Dreams Unlimited for the first time for our December trip this year. We have been to Disney 30+ times. Marsha booked our rooms with a AAA discount (20%). Then Disney offered cheaper rates and she applied the lower rate. I'm not sure I would have been able to do that. They don't charge a fee and have been extremely helpful.