PDA

View Full Version : AAA parking pass with ticket only purchase

sheilafri
08-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know whether you can get the AAA parking lot pass when you purchase only a WDW ticket from AAA? Or do you have to buy a package of some sort?

LMC
08-26-2004, 02:28 PM
When I purchased our WDW tickets from AAA a couple of years ago, I was told that they would only give the special parking pass and lounge pass to those customers/clients booking a "package" which I guess meant park tickets and hotel --- no airfare was involved for us since we drive. We happened to stay at a vacation home that time w/ other family so it wasn't an option to change over to AAA for a package. Also, depending on when you are going, sometimes the parking pass has black out dates. We were there spring break and it wouldn't have worked for us anyway. AAA can book your disney resort rooms! My sis just did this today because she couldn't get through to WDW for the new discount so she called AAA and they did it for her.

kkc1021
08-26-2004, 02:28 PM
My AAA office gave me a parking pass with my ticket purchase. I have read other posts on this same topic and it seems to vary by office.

Good luck!
Kristen

maraakl
08-26-2004, 11:30 PM
My friend walked in, asked for one and got one without any purchase whatsoever, just his AAA card.

PrincessDadx2
08-27-2004, 07:11 AM
AAA Mid Atlantic gave us the parking pass with just park hopper tickets.

lawgs
08-27-2004, 11:20 AM
was in getting maps today at a western new york office, the delaware avenue AAA does not give out AAA parking passes by just showing your card, she said you have to purchase something ( she did not say what ) in order to get the "perk"

so as KKC states it seems to differ by office and probably by region and perhaps by who you know within the office you go to

well done to those who can "snag" them for free

tinkerbell13
08-27-2004, 12:26 PM
What is the AAA parking pass? The friends we are traveling with have AAA but also have a pass that includes parking, maybe they could get one for us to use? TIA
Susan

etwinchester
08-27-2004, 12:33 PM
I got parking passes last year when I purchased my Disney tickets through AAA. We got 3 tickets and they gave me as many parking passes as I asked for, which was 4.

The parking passes allow you to park closer (in the AAA lot) to the enterance. Normally it's near the handicap spots. It was nice, especially when you arrive early.

They do not give you discounts or FREE parking. Again, the AAA lot, which you are allowed to park in, is just closer to enterance.

Still worth it to us...

CRAVENDISNEY
08-27-2004, 12:47 PM
My AAA office has always given me a parking pass with just the purchase of park hoppers tickets. I have never purchased a package.

tinkerbell13
08-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks etwinchester for that info, I'll bet they don't know about it at all, so I will let them know to try to get some because we will probably be driving together on many days.
Susan

sheilafri
08-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I was in the city yesterday and stopped by the AAA Travel office. I can get them with just a ticket purchase.

DMRick
08-28-2004, 07:03 PM
I seldom see an advantage using the AAA passes. There is no tram, so you have to walk, and usually if we park in the regular lot, the walk to the tram is shorter..and brings us right up to the door.

Ilovestitch
08-28-2004, 07:28 PM
I work for AAA MidAtlantic- to get the parking pass you have to either book a package or buy the hopper tickets- we aren't supposed to just give them out.

I had a lady call the other day- she was yelling at me b/c she bought tickets off disney.com and wanted a parking pass. They only send us one pass per hopper pass so it really isn't fair to give one out b/c then a person who buys a hopper pass won't get one. -Stephanie

Janet100
08-28-2004, 07:28 PM
With the AAA parking pass does it give you free parking or does it only allow you to park in their lot?

DMRick
08-28-2004, 07:56 PM
You just get to park in their lot..which is near the handicap lot. There is no tram, so you have to walk from there. A longer walk in some parks than I like..especially when I'm returning to my car tired LOL.

Our AAA will usually give them to you if you ask, as they get one each hopper, and often times a family will buy several hoppers, but need just one AAA pass.

Pantherburn
08-29-2004, 09:28 PM
I've got one listed on this site's auction page here if you are interested:

http://disboards.com/cgi-bin/auction/item.pl?item=1875

Some people praise them, others don't - YMMV.

Regards,

skiwee1
08-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Pantherburn
I've got one listed on this site's auction page here if you are interested:

http://disboards.com/cgi-bin/auction/item.pl?item=1875

Some people praise them, others don't - YMMV.

Regards,

You are selling this? How pathetic. You should be ashamed. I can't believe the DIS would allow it. :rolleyes:

Pantherburn
08-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by skiwee1
You are selling this? How pathetic. You should be ashamed. I can't believe the DIS would allow it. :rolleyes:

I tried to address this in a pm, but this user's account won't allow this function.

I don't know why this person feels they have the right to berate me for offering this item for sale. The market has obviously set a value for these passes as evidenced by those sold on ebay. I'm sorry you (skiwee1) have a problem with this. If you wish to discuss this futher please contact me offline via pm (mine is enabled).

Regards,

skiwee1
08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Pantherburn
I tried to address this in a pm, but this user's account won't allow this function.

I don't know why this person feels they have the right to berate me for offering this item for sale. The market has obviously set a value for these passes as evidenced by those sold on ebay. I'm sorry you (skiwee1) have a problem with this. If you wish to discuss this futher please contact me offline via pm (mine is enabled).

Regards,

You are selling something that you got for free. I feel that you are taking advantage of this. I think it is terrible that you feel the right to rip someone off.

Pantherburn
08-31-2004, 08:33 PM
As I said before, please pm me if you wish to discuss this further.

I have no desire to publicly debate you on this forum as to who has the moral high ground. It is unfair to waste this forums bandwidth and its members patience with petty flame wars. Perhaps we should just agree to disagree.

You are wrong in your statement that I got the pass for free. You must be a member of AAA - i.e. yearly dues. You must also make a purchase in order to receive the parking pass. Finally, I do not have the power to force anyone to purchase this pass. It will be of their own volition. We all have the right to spend our money in any way we choose. You should respect that.

Regards,

fac
09-01-2004, 10:35 PM
It certainly is not free for me as well.

I specifically joined AAA prior to the trip (already have an autoplan under citibank), and bought one ticket from AAA. I bought the balance of tickets from hotwire as they are cheaper from hotwire.