PDA

View Full Version : Used PayPal Debit Card for Room Deposit & Now I Need a Refund

DznyDreams
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Does anyone have experience with having a Disney refund applied to their PayPal debit card? I had originally booked WL for 6 nights, but later decided that a discount may be hard to come by in Oct. I now have only a 1-night Pop Century stay booked for the night before we check in at BWV for 5 nights (on rented DVC points), so I'm due a refund from Disney. Will they have problems refunding the difference to my PayPal account (debit card)?

(BTW--My PayPal account currently has a $0 balance. I don't like to keep money in there....it's just convenient for eBay sales.)

It has only been a week and a half or so since I made these changes, and I'm not sure how long the process takes. Maybe I should have seen something show up in my PayPal account by now - or maybe not? The main thing I need to know is can they credit this account back at all, and if so, will the $0 balance have any effect on their attempts to credit me?

THANKS! :)

jgates
08-24-2004, 11:54 PM
If I remember our MC Debit card regs right I believe they have 30 days to refund. Most places don't take that long though.

Lollipop Mom
08-25-2004, 04:15 AM
I had a room deposit refunded to my paypal card not long ago. I had made ressies at a moderate resort but got an email offer so we cancelled those and upgraded to the Poly. No problem getting the refund. It showed up about 3 days after I cancelled. That's normal for refunds to any card, it can take up to 3-5 days to show up. Sometimes they are instant but it's not uncommon for it not to show up for a few days. :) Just keep an eye on your paypal account. It will show up back there in a few days.