PDA

View Full Version : Do Policemen get discounts?

airplane
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
I have heard about teacher and military discounts at WDW but are there any discounts for police?

wilderness gal
08-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Nope !! No discounts available except @ The Swan & Dolphin Hotels. The discount is the same as the teachers @ The Swan & Dolphin. I've inquired before in the past and this is what I was told.

If they've changed, please.............let me know !! We aren't headed to WDW until Nov. 2006 (our 20th wedding anniversary) !

But.......I'm ready to go NOW !!! :bounce:

pirate: Haughton High School Marching Band
Haughton Buccanneers
Haughton, LA

SplashMountainRules
08-24-2004, 06:36 PM
As a goverment employee you qualify for a travel company called " Goverment Employee Travel Opportunities. www.getravelop.com . I have used them in the past and they are great. It is just like skyauction, but you just pay $249.00 for a week in any resort. It doesn't matter if you chose a 1 bedroom or a 3 bedroom it is still only $249.00. You can also save a lot on a car rental there. Good luck!

wilderness gal
08-25-2004, 01:14 PM
:wave: That sounds great !! I'll check out the website. Is it just for Federal employees or can it be for a City Municipality? My husband is a Corporal for the Shreveport Police Department & has been there for 13 yrs.

Thanks for the info.

pirate: Haughton High School
Haughton Buccanneers Marching Band
Haughton, LA

SplashMountainRules
08-25-2004, 11:22 PM
It is for any goverment employee (Federal, State, City). Public school employees count too. In fact there is no verification that I know of that they do. They just ask you where you work and you are good to go.

Straight from their website:

Eligibility is very simple. If you work for any level of government, Federal, State, County, City, Municipality, or Township, you are eligible to participate in GETO.

rmdavis
08-26-2004, 02:09 AM
just thought I would say howdy I am a firefighter from just down the road from ya'll in Monroe...

and thanks splashmountain rules for the link I had never heard of this site but will definetly have to check it out

Robert