PDA

View Full Version : easy for paradise pier guest to use laundry facilities and pool at disneyland hotel?

sfw
07-15-2001, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I will be staying at the paradise pier hotel and apparently they don't have coin operated laundry facilities. Does anyone know how convenient and easy it is to walk over to use the disneyland hotel's laundromat? Would it involve walking across a large parking lot or are the two resorts connected with a pathway? Also, how easy is it to use the disneyland hotel swimming pool from the paradise pier hotel? Are towels available at the pool?I
Someone told me that they thought that the disneyland hotel was so spread out that it is just as easy sometimes to use their facilities walking over from the paradise pier.

Thanks in advance for all replies

TrlyScrumptious
07-15-2001, 09:35 PM
I can't answer all of these questions, but I'll try to help with a few.

We were gone for 10 days (7 at DLH) so I really needed to do some laundry towards the end of our trip. Our room was on the park side of the Sierra Tower, on the 11th floor. It was a bit of a hike to get the bags over to the laundry room, even from our room within the DLH, but it's do-able.

It's more of a walk, naturally, from the PPH. You will cross quite a LARGE parking lot to the DLH grounds, and then go clear around to the back area (near Goofy's Kitchen, if you find a map) to the laundry room. An alternative might be to jump on the double-decker bus at the PPH and jump off at the Sierra Tower/Downtown Disney stop and wander to the back of the grounds where the laundry room is.

The laundry room is very near the pool. If PPH guests are permitted to use the DLH pool (and I think they are ??) it would be really convenient to swim while you do laundry. In fact, you should plan on it, if you can. Because there are 990 rooms at the DLH and only two (TWO) coin-op washers. (There are four dryers.) You could end up waiting awhile to get a washer. The cost is $1.00 in quarters to wash, and $1.00 in quarters to dry for about a half-hour each. You can also buy soap for $1.00 in quarters, and softner or dryer sheets for $1.00. I brought soap from home. I use those Wisk tablets for some of my loads at home, and so I just dropped a few of those individually plastic-packaged tablets into my suitcase. Then, just put a couple of softener sheets in a zip-lock bag.

Yep...there are pool towels for you to use and leave behind when you're done.