PDA

View Full Version : Discount tips for Cirque du Soleil catagory 1 tickets?

DisneyBill
08-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Anyone have where to buy suggestions for a catagory 1 ticket for Cirque du Soleil and not pay full ticket price?

DisneyBill
08-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Bump

kasar
08-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Well, I'm not sure about the show in Florida but we just caught the travelling show (Varekai) in Boston. I joined their web site's club and they send me updates and discount emails all the time. Worth a try - just go to their website and check it out.

Lisa loves Pooh
08-27-2004, 09:24 PM
What is a category 1 ticket?

DisneyBill
08-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh
What is a category 1 ticket?

It is a designation given to specific seating areas within the theatre. Mostly closest to the stage.

PlutoPony
08-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm not at all convinced that Cat 1 seats are better (especially for the money) If you haven't seen the show in DTD, I'd recommend buying Cat 2 tickets. Cheaper and frankly I think that being slightly higher (in the Cat 2 seats) may be better as so much of the action is above the ground. There really didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house, other than those on the upper decks far sides (and I think those are the ones only sold at the box office).

Lisa loves Pooh
08-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh--okay--

We must have had Cat 1 tickets when we booked (though that was almost 5 years ago, and hubby didn't mention anything about less expensive seats). We were 2nd row and it was actually pretty cool.

I agree, any section is probably okay--but I like detail and seeing things up close. Though it was difficult in Cat 1 to see the beginning of the show (not sure if people know how it begins and don't want to be responsible for spoiling it).

:)

The only discounts I have seen are buy one get one half or free deals and those have been for either FLa residents or just show up and get them (I don't recall where I have seen them, so please forgive me--I'm not even sure if it was available only for a certain category).

Do best what your budget can afford--if you are the type of person who likes to sit on the 50 yard line first section at a football game, front row at any stage show or concert, or front row tix to a b'ball game--then you probably will not be disappointed with choosing the 1st section.

I haven't sat in the 2nd section so cannot compare the two adequately to say one is better than the other.

In the past--the sooner you book, the better your seats.

Shani
08-29-2004, 09:58 AM
We have never been to Cirque, and booked Cat 1 and got sec 301, 1st row, seat 1 and 2

Hope we can see all the air stuff from there, without getting neck aches. lol

Anyone been that close that can comment?

Lisa loves Pooh
08-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Well, I was pregnant and 2nd row somewhere (don't remember the section)--I do not recall any neck aches or other discomfort (other than that wretched morning sickness). I have neck problems allready--and I somehow was able to position myself to watch the show with no problems. I do not recall if the seats have a recline in them or not.

Shani
08-29-2004, 04:09 PM
tyty

DisneyBill
08-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Ordinarily I wouldn't worry about a few bucks, but I need 16 tickets spread over 3 different nights. We've been before and loved the category 1 sections.

Shani
08-31-2004, 11:33 AM
front row

disneyvacalover
08-31-2004, 12:02 PM
I'M PRETTY SURE YOY CAN PURCHASE DISCOUNT TICKETS WITH AN ONLINE BROKER. THERE IS INFO. AT MOUSESAVERS. JUST CLICK THE LINKS TO ANY BROKER. HOPE THIS HELPS.:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

DisneyBill
08-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Shani
front row

Actually we were in the second row, middle stage. (don't recall the section #) I don't think there is a bad seat in the place, but I can't imagine a better one than where we were.