PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay questions ?

marydmjj
08-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Is there a standard timeframe to expect a payment? I didn't say payment due with xxx in my listing. My listing closed Aug 18th, I sent an invoice and I haven't heard a thing. What should I do?

cuterlt
08-23-2004, 08:15 PM
With my invoice, I always let them know to contact me within 3 days (per ebay rules) and ask that they pay within 7 days.
I would contact the high bidder and check with them about how they intend to pay and when they intend to pay, in a nice way....
Do they have decent feedback?
Also, just as a piece of advice, you should put payment terms in your auction, and whatever other terms of service you wish to have....

DianeV
08-23-2004, 08:38 PM
I usually put in my auctions that i need to hear from the buyer in 3 days and receive payment within 10.

If its been a week and you havent heard anything then do a payment reminder..

disneychrista
08-24-2004, 03:17 PM
You can send a payment reminder through ebay on/after day 3, do this now. If you do not hear from them in another 3 days and assuming it has been more then 7 days since the end of auction, go ahead and send a NPB.

IMO, it is always a good idea to set your terms in your auctions. I use the stand contact within 3 days payment within 10.

marydmjj
08-24-2004, 09:33 PM
I guess I just need to post the problem on DIS and it gets resolved...I got the $$ today! Thanks for the input. I will definitely be putting a payment due by xxx on my next listing.

vjc715
08-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I like the 7 day theory. We accept both PayPal and Money Order.

I have seen auctions that only accept PayPal request payment within 3 days. I believe that is fair. As I allow the extra 4 days for a money order to be received.