PDA

View Full Version : What Scrapbook Magazine is the best?

TN Traveler
08-22-2004, 10:17 PM
This topic has probably been brought up before and I missed it but wanted to ask which scrapbook magazines do you subscribe to or buy? Which ones do you like the best and why? Which ones the least and why? Friday I rec'd a complimentary issue of Memory Makers. It has alot of nice layouts in it but some are a little more advanced that I am!! Not sure if I want to subscribe to it or not. I looked today at Wal-Mart to see what ones were available off the shelf but they were $5.99 ea!! Little pricey for me! :earseek:

Thanks for any input available.

Karen

wuv tigger
08-23-2004, 07:54 AM
It's called Lasting Moments.

It will be 72 pages of tips & techniques, current & new products & with NO outside ads.

The last time I looked at another magazine, it had more than half the pages filled with ads.

I'll let you know more details when I receive my 1st issue.

Judy

pjlla
08-23-2004, 08:58 AM
I personally prefer Simple Scrapbooks. Yes, it is just as full of ads as the others and it is not exactly cheap ($4.99 each I think at the store), but I usually buy it with my 40% off coupon at Michaels Craft store. I don't subscribe to it, but I pick it up a few times a year. I also like Creating Keepsakes, but they tend to be much more "labor intensive" and I just don't have that kind of time! If you are looking just for inspiration, check out www.twopeasinabucket.com , if you haven't already. I get loads of free inspiration there!.....................P

WendyZ
08-23-2004, 09:30 AM
LOL wuv tigger....I was going to post the new CM magazine!:teeth: I can't wait to get it. Do you know when we can subscribe to it? I love finding new ideas it inspires me to keep going.:D

Oh my gosh pjilla....I am addicted to twopeas!:eek: :rolleyes: I spent all day yesterday there and most of sat. evening. I had looked for poems there, but never layouts. I have so many disney layouts saved on my computer....these ladies do awesome work! I know some of you are here on the boards. Just let me say....you are very inspiring! :D ::yes::

MikDor
08-23-2004, 12:00 PM
----------

Franne
08-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Yep, it won't be available until the Fall, they are saying November. Here is the info on it...you call your consultant to get it for you:
Lasting Moments Magazine Features

All issues include feature stories and album instruction that celebrate seasons, connections, traditions, travel, hobbies, heritage and more. Lasting Moments will also contain photo-taking tips, technology information, success stories, new products, and a fun section called “One page three ways.” Something else that sets it apart from all other scrapbook magazines on the market: no outside advertising. It’s chock-full of useful information and stories to enhance the service and product Creative Memories already provides.
A Resources page in each issue will list the products used in layouts throughout the magazine. It will include a wish list you can complete, tear out and give to me, your Creative Memories Consultant, or to family and friends for gift ideas.

72 pages, full color, six times per year
Available to customers by annual subscription: $23.97 U.S./$35.97 Canada

The first issue (Nov/Dec) will mail out in 6-8 weeks.

YOUR 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE! If Lasting Moments doesn't enhance your overall album-making enjoyment and ensure your success-Creative Memories will refund your money, all of it, first issue or last. That's their promise to you.

TN Traveler
08-23-2004, 02:27 PM
WOW!! Franne!! Thanks so much for the info. I have a great CMC so plan to call her tomorrow and tell her to put me in line for this mag.
thanks again,
Karen

Franne
08-23-2004, 03:45 PM

Timon
08-23-2004, 05:13 PM
The only magazine I get is Creating Keepsakes. The layouts are labor intensive as well as expensive but I love the pages and ideas. Sometimes I look through it and feel somewhat discouraged cus the pages or so darn good but then again sometimes I look at it and it makes we work harder and be more creative than I normally would.

I like it though and I aspire to be good enough one day to get published in it :rolleyes:

MikDor
08-24-2004, 10:29 AM
-------