PDA

View Full Version : 7th cruise, first Disney... a few questions....

aeryncrichton
08-21-2004, 04:01 PM
First... I'm 20, so I know the age to drink in Nassau is 18, and Disney is 21.. is that the same for Serenity Bay on CC???

Someone suggest a 'nice' family place to get a drink in Nassau???

Disney merchandise... what do they have onboard??? Men's Ties????

I'm trying to get 'ideas' for soverinors...

Atlantis... people keep saying there's a 'day' rate to do all the stuff there... what is it??? What about the Comfort Inn Suites... what's the prices for it for 3 adults??? You get all the Atlantis stuff including the slide?????

on 4-night Wonder.. Palo's now has a 'brunch'????

Oh, if at the end of the cruise, I decide I want to pay 'cash' on my account even though, it'll have Dad's card... can I???

I think that's it...

Oh, someone at cruise critic, said somewhere on here, is a 'spreadsheet' thing w/ the way they do rotational dinning..... I'm concerned about making Res at Palo's...

Thanks,
Meg

NCRedding
08-21-2004, 05:00 PM
I can't help with the first two questions. There is disney merchandise onboard, but I'm not positive that I saw ties.

The 4 night does have a brunch on the at sea day.

At the end of the cruise, you can go down to guest services and pay what you wish in cash toward your account. Just don't wait til the last minute or you'll be in for a long weight.

I am not sure about the day rate for the Atlantis. It is my understanding that if you book a room at the comfort inn, you get to use all the amenities, including pools, slide, etc. The rate varies so much--I checked it out at the comfort inn website.

AnnMorin
08-21-2004, 05:17 PM
who are you looking for gifts for? The stores on board have everything from trinkets to expensive jewelry. They have clothing, both DCL and ESPN, ties, photo frames and albums, christmas ornaments etc etc....

As for the drinking issue, I am not certain but my guess would be that on CC you would not be allowed to imbibe as Disney is a US company.. (btw if you were my daughter I would be a bit concerned at the questions of being able to drink if I were footing the bill :teeth: )

Can't tell you about Atlantis as we have never been there but there are a bunch of people that do get a "day room" if you do a search you will find it I am sure.
You may pay cash on your account at any time during the cruise including the last day. Also if you have dad's credit card you may need a letter giving you permission to use it-especially out of the country unless he has one issued in your name as an authorized user.

floridaminnie
08-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Have to be 21 to drink at CC.

aeryncrichton
08-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks...

I'm buying gifts for a 'close' guy-friend of mine (Are there any ties w/ cruise ships or mickey ears ???? if you can remember)

and his family...

Dad usually 'buys' my drinks.... he lets me, when we go were I am 'legal' and I only get one drink at each 'legal' stop...

I was just curious as it is in 'international' waters there.... still 11 months to go and then I won't have to worry about it at all :)

lol....

My parents will be with me... Dad will put me under his 'card' on embark as usually (no fuss and hassle) but I was just curious as to if I could 'pay' for my own account at the end my-self... may not want dad to 'see' what all I buy... ya know??? LOL...

anyone have a link to the comfort Inn Suites... dad really wants to do the slide thing, but doesn't want to spend a ton of money...

what's the 'dig' thing included???