PDA

View Full Version : Our Aug 7-14 Eastern Cruise.

tink5
08-20-2004, 08:15 PM
We just got home this past Sunday from our 7-Magic cruise (Aug 7-14.)
Here our a few of our highlights.

1 ~ We really liked the Golden Mickey Show and Disney Dreams. Hercules was okay it seemed alittle long.
2 ~ The Food was very good. I had mostly the seafood. The desserts were great. Palo's was wonderful! We ate TOO much food. I gained 5 pounds.
3 ~ Our servers were Arvind (India) and Tanja (South Africa). Both were very nice.
4 ~ Our DS 6 loved the club. He was only in about 2 hours about three of the days we were there. He really enjoyed Goofy's P.J. party. He got a nice pillowcase that he can draw on. Our DD's 16 and 13 didn't go to any of the teen things. They went together and did things. They had alot of fun.
5 ~ Had REAS and that worked out nice. We had the couples well-being massage. This was great!
6 ~ We went to St. John's - Trunk Bay. This was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen! We went on our own. It was $8 per person for the taxi to Red Hook then $3 per person for the ferry and $4 per person for the taxi to Trunk Bay. We got there about 10:00 and stayed until 2:30. We snorkled and ate lunch (thanks to room service from the ship).
We walked around San Juan and saw a few Forts and things. It was so hot. At one point we had wondered into a bad section of town - alittle scary.
This is only my opinion (I know everyone just loves Castaway Cay) but I would rather go to Trunk Bay than Castaway Cay. It was just to crowded. The water was extremely cloudy because there were so many people in the water. But I must admit the Island is beautiful.
7 ~ Whoever came up with the idea for the over the door shoe holder is an absolute genius!!!!!
8 ~ Once again only my opinion. For all the people who are not sure if they want to do a 3,4, or 7 day cruise, go with the 7 day. We didn't have time to do everything we wanted to in 7 days. I think 10 or 12 days would be perfect.
9 ~ We had two rooms, a cat 6 and cat 11 for the 5 of us. It was cheaper then a cat 4 for all of us. Our DD's loved having a room (cat 11) to themselves. Of course my DH, DS and I had the veranda. If you can swing it, spend the extra money and get one. It is well worth it.
10 ~ All in all we had a wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat!

jwann
08-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the prices on the taxi's/ferries to Trunk Bay! We are thinking of doing it on our own this December.

CM_Mom
08-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Glad you had a wonderful time. Did you get to Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay? It's the adults only area and usually isn't crowded so sounds like you spent time at the family beach.

tink5
08-20-2004, 09:48 PM
We did get to go over to Serenity Beach because we wanted to stay with our DS. But I did hear that it was very nice and not as crowded. Don't get me wrong we still had alot of fun at castaway cay, I just wish the beach was alittle bigger.