PDA

View Full Version : Which Scenario is better?

Hillbeans
08-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok...I've convinced my DH with the very low AA airfare to take a long weekend in Oct.

Here are the choices.

We'll be arriving Wed. evening at 9:15. We'll be in Disney for 3 nights and we're leaving Sat. at 6 pm.

I was quoted 3 nights at CBR for $575 give or take. The first night we'll not be there until after 10 at night.

My other option is to get a Priceline hotel for the Wed. night we fly in near the airport and then stay at WL for 2 nights which will probably cost around the same.

Any thoughts?

gigi1313
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
stay the three nights in the one place... no sense wasting some of your precious wdw time packing/unpacking/checking out/checking in... if you check in to a disney hotel late that first night, you can hit the ground running the following morning instead of dealing w/driving, paperwork and stuff... ENJOY!

debster812
08-17-2004, 01:42 PM
If your trip were just a tad longer, I would say it's a slam dunk to Priceline the first night, and then move over to WDW. But, since you are there for such a short stay, I think I would probably go straight to WDW so I can get right into the WDW experience.

Tigger&Belle
08-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Will it be just the two of you? If so, I'd be tempted to do the cheap hotel the first night and the switch to WL. I might make the first night at Pop, however. That way WDW would transfer luggage if you wanted them to, and you'd have a room key to go to early entry without first checking into WL. You could then take a mid-day break and check in at WL.

If you have young children I wouldn't do the switching, however.

T&B

enchantedpixiedust
08-17-2004, 03:31 PM
I'd vote for staying the same place all three nights - or if not then staying somewhere like Pop the first night to minimize the time wasted the next morning. (plus I'm always anxious to get on property) ;)

newcomer52
08-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Is the CBR quote with UPH's? If not, I think it is pretty high. That would make it $191 per night for a moderate.

leighe
08-17-2004, 05:12 PM
I had the same question. We're arriving in Orlando at 9:30pm on the first night so I'm figuring we won't get in the room until 10:30 or so. I'm considering moving to Pop for the first night and then having our stuff moved over to WL the next day for the remaining five nights. I have really been wanting to try Pop and I hate to think about spending so much money on a room we'll barely be in that first night.

Nolcrest
08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
I'd stay at the same place for 3 nights. It'll save you time in the long run. There's no guarantee your room would be ready at WL before 3 the following day and you could waste alot of time switching rooms as previously mentioned.

sters
08-17-2004, 06:19 PM
I'd do the second scenerio. Stay someplace cheap the first night, since you'll be crashing, and I wouldn't bother unpacking. We do this on every trip, then get up early check in and hit the parks. The WL is just gorgeous, so I'd concentrate the accommodations money there, at a deluxe, rather than spread it out at the CB.