PDA

View Full Version : Who's from Long Island, NY

never2L8
08-15-2004, 11:31 AM
I've been meeting quite a few DVC members lately here on Long Island.

The conversations begin after people see my license plate, "DISNYBUS", and start asking questions.

I've seen a plate "DVCMAGIC" in the town we live in.

Sooo...How many DVC members are from Long Island, NY ???

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

DaisyDebbie
08-15-2004, 12:05 PM
I do! I'm in Nassau County. Will look for your plate :earsgirl:

mhochman
08-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Just moved from Plainview to Melville. Grew up in Syosset. Teach in Bay Shore.

riopooh
08-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Me three! Also grew up in Syosset (class of 83) - now in East Northport!

Looking forward to our first visit as DVC members in Feb!!

korlows
08-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Here....
Medford LI.
Grew up in Smithtown...
Hauppauge HS. class 84!

chrisd596
08-15-2004, 02:26 PM
korlows:

Since you grew up in Smithtown do you ever have a music teacher names Mr. Dib????......that would be my brother.

Small world

korlows
08-15-2004, 02:48 PM
No Mr. Dib...
Sorry

cindy_k
08-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Me!

Grew up and Live in:
Suffolk County
Smithtown Township
Nesconset

Work in:
Suffolk County
Brookhaven Township
Holtsville

I always have a Disney Antenna topper. (Right now its Minnie)
and I have two magnetic Bumper stickers on the back of my car.
Been there, Done That, Going Back...
and a Mickey with an American Flag.

I wish DVC had a magnetic bumper sticker.

Cindy in LI, NY

Mousefanz
08-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey, I saw the DVCMAGIC car on the LIE recently.

Long Island here, born and raised - living in Riverhead now. Ya know, the town Tanger and Splish Splash is in? lol

Love the Island, Love DVC.

kathleena
08-15-2004, 06:55 PM
I was just on Long Island last weekend. :D

And I was born in Amityville, but only lived there until I was 3. Then we moved to Maine.

Going to Long Island puts me in shock.

granmanh603
08-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Born ,grew up Amityville (20yr), lived Sayville (30yrs) most of my life, then move up here 6 years ago...HATE it and miss Long Island. I know we must have been nuts. When we moved here I used to be afraid to tell people where I came from, Now I hate to tell people where I live. :earsgirl:

kathleena
08-15-2004, 07:30 PM
granmanh603 - we are just the opposite! I practically get hives when I go to LI - I'm so used to the "country" life here in the largest maine city.

We lived on Terry Ave in Amityville and my Dad grew up on Cedar St. You must be about my sister's age (she's 57 in Oct).

DVC already brought me together with an Amityville person - her cousin used to live next to us on Terry Ave.

DisneyHumbug
08-15-2004, 08:16 PM
You may see me driving DISNYBUG or WEDWAY here on Long Island!

WalterS
08-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Grew up in Suffolk County, Riverhead, Jamesport, Greenport
Last lived on LI in Deer Park, New Hyde Park and then Roslyn. Moved to Northern VA (Fairfax Station) in 1990. When people ask where I'm from I always say "Long Island, New York but I live in VA" Don't visit the relatives as often as I'd like but will always miss it.

tomerin
08-15-2004, 09:04 PM
grew up in NYC
live in Hicksville for 7 years now own a house in Mastic Beach

if you see a green suzuki x-l7 with a disney sorcers hat antenna topper its me!!

3DisneyNUTS
08-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Long Islander here.
Live in holbrook grew up in coram then ronkonkoma. Went to Catholic school since kindergarten then switched to sachem for 11-12th grades class of 89. Married to another sachem grad have DS! Although we love LI I wish it were just a smidge less expensive. Can't beat having NYC and the beaches all within 1 hour of each other :)

1princessesmom
08-15-2004, 09:23 PM
We live in Arkansas, but my in-laws are also DVC members and live in Stony Brook. We were on Long Island visiting them last month and had a wonderful time on Shelter Island and in Riverhead (LOVE Tanger and the Lobster Roll!!)

fx2594
08-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Wow, lot's of Long Islanders...

I'm a life long LI'er- 26 years in Franklin Square and the last 5 in Valley Stream, though I'm looking to move again to a larger house on the Island.

Of Course, as Long Islanders know, the housing market on the Island is a little out of control these days...

bunnymkc
08-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Grew up in Brooklyn,lived in Bayshore,LI, moved to Fla,moved back to LI and have lived in Holbrrok for the last 30 years..am a Disney NUT always was always will be..so glad I found these boards cause I know that we all LOVE DISNEY.leaving in 2 weeks for Vero,SSR & POP.we go to Disney 3-4 x a year and never fail to be amazed that I can still cry when I walk into the MAGIC KINGDOM..praying for all the people in Fla that Charley has touched..Marianne :wave:

idratherbeinwdw
08-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Valley Stream here, lived in this house since 1983 (mortgage paid off, woohoo!). Work in Westbury

If you're driving on the Southern State Parkway and you see a Silver Mazda with stuffed versions of Lady and Tramp looking out of the rear window; "been there done that going back" and "this car breaks for hitchhiking ghosts" rear bumber stickers; "imagineering:we make the magic" and "been there done that etc" license plate frames with License plates that read "DISWORLD"--that would be moi! I am definitely one rolling Disney ad LOL!

:cheer2: :flower: :flower1:

never2L8
08-16-2004, 06:24 AM
How can I forget "DISNYBUG". We live in the same neighbor hood!!!
I knew there was one other plate I forgot!!!! Sorry....

OK.. How's going to the F&W festival in early Nov.???

Rob

garylpn
08-16-2004, 06:54 AM
raised in southold, class of 71, lived in greenport for many years, aquebogue since 1989, dvc since 2003, should have done it in 96 when we first took tour, owners at okw,bcv,bwv, 1 contract and 2 bcv add ons through disney and the okw and bwv through resale
we go 2-3 times a year, first trip was our honeymoon in 89
several trips with campeer to fort wilderness, now dvc
i'm retired from sheriff's dept and dw and i are per diem nurses at central suffolk hospital
have the stars and stripes mouse ear antennae topper
went to homecoming in may, and as you can see by the counter it's not too long until f&w and mnsshp
long island certainly has changed since i grew up, no longer the rural place i remember so well, we will probably be relocating to vermont in a few years, already own a house up there:wave2:

Ilovedisney
08-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Long Islander all my life. Grew up in Bay Shore, grad of class of '69, and have lived in East Yaphank for 35 years now. We also just built a house in Jensen Beach, FL and hope to be there full time in 2 years or so (much closer to WDW!). Have a great day everyone!

Par8hed
08-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Born, raised. and remain in Brightwaters to this day. I love everything about the Island except winter.

canwegosoon
08-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Born in Smithtown, moved to Hampton Bays when I was 5, graduated from Mercy HS, moved Upstate NY 12 yrs ago, but still own property on LI....does that still count:D . Tons of cousins on LI still, and several are DVC member too.

Walter, my brother lives in Front Royal, I think they are in the NY Club....are you?:bounce:

MrsG
08-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Live in Malverne, teach in Valley Stream. Have yet to see your wonderful license plates, but I will be on the lookout.

Peterd
08-16-2004, 08:46 AM
I Grew up in Port Jeff Station, and the last 25 or so years we've been in Wading river. Our next trip to the BW is in early Nov. I go to the Gym in Rocky Pt., and work in Westbury.

Macnjac87
08-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Born in Commack, moved to Holtsville when I was 1, then moved to Sag Harbor when I was 7; got married in '87 and moved to Southampton, been here 16 years. I have a Canada Mickey antennae topper and a HHI decal on the back of my maroon suburban. Don't flame me but I don't like living here anymore; way too many people taking away the natural beauty imho. Planning on moving in about 10 years to Hilton Head area. (Hate hate hate the winters on Long Island!!)

ncmvp
08-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Live in Lindenhurst work in Babylon. We have owned since 2001 and have added on since. We are raising 2 Disney teens and we are suceeding in making them just as obsessed as us. Everytime I see an Antenna topper or disney license plate I always wonder if they are DVC memebers.

We were at a block party on sat. We were intruduced as Disney experts to a couple that are going in dec for the first time with their 3 boys (2,5,8). The husband described the trip as having to do it now to get Disney out of the way (some people just don't get it). I told them that they are going at the busiest time of the year. If they are going to have fun they have to go with the attitude that they are not there to see it all they are just there to have fun with their boys. I hate being asked why do you keep going there by people that just don't get it.

Its funny how every time we go down to disney we meet so many Long Islanders. We were at the Luau one year, we sat down next to a couple from W. Islip, we all couldn't stop laughing it was a real fun evening. When we took the Disney cruise we got in an elevator and just from all the conversations in the elevator we all figured out we were all mostly from L.I. except one lone person LOL.

Sorry for the long post. My conclusion is that we Long Islanders love Disney, and it is always fun to meet fellow Long Islanders when we are there.

LSchrow
08-16-2004, 10:54 AM
:wave:
another 1 (really 4 ;) ).
born in NJ, raised in deer park, babylon village for a year, & back to DP for the past 20 years.
i've traveled all over the country (with parents, & as an adult) & i still LOVE long island ~ there is soooo much to do here: beautiful beaches (love our town beaches), the east end, NYC within driving distance...........we're lucky enough to live in a vacation area without being outnumbered by tourists.
long islanders are also some of the friendliest people in the world. we enjoy talking with ppl where ever we go ~ more often than not, the only "perfect strangers" that will chat, offer a seat on a bus, let someone ahead on a line are from LI :teeth:

i'm so glad my parents took me around the country ~ otherwise i might have become one of those displaced LIer's who left only to regret their decision (& we ALL know ppl like that ::yes:: ).

cooz
08-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Moved here to Plainview in 1998. Love it here.

Moved from Flushing Queens

POOH&PIGLET
08-16-2004, 12:02 PM
I grew up in Floral Park & now live in Queens. :wave2:

deenooth
08-16-2004, 03:20 PM
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW last October...returning for our first aniversary this year...F&W fest. is worth it!! As well as everything else...of course!!! anyone else from the area going down between Oct. 14-19???:bounce: :Pinkbounc

nydizfan
08-16-2004, 09:52 PM
hey we dont like port jeff people .. ha chris.. we have been members since 93 . we love it too/:cool:

finster
08-17-2004, 12:14 AM
We're in Middle Island, right off Whiskey Road.. I'm originally from Port Washington, Wife's from Jericho. Moved out here in January when we had a house built, and absolutely love it. Work in New Hyde Park, wife teaches in Flushing.

Members since '99, BWV.

3DisneyNUTS
08-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by canwegosoon
Born in Smithtown, moved to Hampton Bays when I was 5, graduated from Mercy HS, moved Upstate NY 12 yrs ago, but still own property on LI....does that still count:D . Tons of cousins on LI still, and several are DVC member too.

Walter, my brother lives in Front Royal, I think they are in the NY Club....are you?:bounce:
wow I went to Mercy too!!! Left there after 10th grade. What year are you? I graduated in 1989. Still have scars from Mrs. Fellingham LOL

NYMEDIC
08-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Grew up in Hauppauge...Live in Coram.
:bounce:

THE WIGGLES
08-17-2004, 08:44 PM
After reading the post about N.J. I just knew that the Islanders would pull together.

I grew up in Bellport ( Class of 87) and my wife is from Miller Place ( class of 89). We have resided in Wading River for the past 6 years and love LONG ISLAND.

Some of our local Favorites:
*Briermere Farms, Baiting Hollow - Pies and cookies.
*Lewin's Farm Stand, Wading River
*Tanger Outlets, Riverhead
*Peconic Bay Beach, Hampton Bays
*Wild Wood State Park, Wading River
*Gateway Playhouse, Bellport
*Mamma Lombardis, Holbrook - Pizza and panninis
* Pasta Pasta, Port Jefferson
* McNulty's Ice Cream, Miller Place

Tomskatt
08-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Born in Queens, raised in Mt. Sinai, live in Shoreham......moving South! Will miss it but ..... well, it's time! Nothing negative to say here....just time to try something new! :)

Laura24
08-18-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm an "Island" girl......Island Park, that is. Moved to Jersey too many moons ago. Miss that salt air, flat lands and good old "New York Bagels".::yes::

disneyokw
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Nassau County Family from Westbury

Stimpy
08-18-2004, 06:02 PM
HI! :wave:

Born and raised in Lake Ronkonkoma, Sachem grad '87. Moved to Uniondale for college (Hofstra grad). Got married (DH is from Westbury) and moved to Ronkonkoma and now we're living and raising our DS-almost5 and DD-4months in Blue Point. And after our last move, the only way I am leaving this house is when they carry me out on a stretcher LOL

maureenmac
08-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi living in Amityville, born in Lindenhurst, DH from Port Washington. We lived in Holbrook for the first 2 years after we married then to Amityville for the LIRR access. Met Kathleena through the boards. She lived next door to my Uncle in Amityville growing up. Our sons live in Boston and NYC. Can't think of one reason to leave here. I did see a van at the Waldbaums in Massapequa with DVC plates. Could not wait around to see who it belonged to.

kathleena
08-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi Maureen!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

I was just talking about you to my dad. Someone got in touch with him about the fire dept - they are doing a 100 year tribute and are looking for photos.

His son is good friends with someone I work with! I'm hearing that Small World song playing again!

maureenmac
08-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi Nancy,
I sent you a PM.
Maureen

LiloH
08-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by THE WIGGLES
After reading the post about N.J. I just knew that the Islanders would pull together.

I grew up in Bellport ( Class of 87) and my wife is from Miller Place ( class of 89). We have resided in Wading River for the past 6 years and love LONG ISLAND.

Some of our local Favorites:
*Briermere Farms, Baiting Hollow - Pies and cookies.
*Lewin's Farm Stand, Wading River
*Tanger Outlets, Riverhead
*Peconic Bay Beach, Hampton Bays
*Wild Wood State Park, Wading River
*Gateway Playhouse, Bellport
*Mamma Lombardis, Holbrook - Pizza and panninis
* Pasta Pasta, Port Jefferson
* McNulty's Ice Cream, Miller Place

I grew up in Shoreham and my parents still live there so reading this thread is so funny for me. Who knew there'd be so many people from the north shore of central Suffolk county??

I live in Philadelphia now (must say I don't really miss LI, but that's just me) but there certainly is no where better to get Italian food than Long Island. I sometimes dream about the fried calamari from Mama Lombardis.... Yum! :)

Maryjane1
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Franklin Square here for 30 years love this place. Love the Island did not know so many disney people on the Island. I will be looking for all those Lic. plates when I drive around glad to know I have lots of company who loves Disney in my backyard

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

lubyshell
08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Grew up in Westchester, moved to Ronkonkoma almost 2 years ago

never2L8
08-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Can't forget...If I may...

* Phil's Pub and Restaurant in Wading River
* All the GREAT North Fork Vineyards
* Salsa, Salsa in Prot Jeff.
* The Elk Street Grill in Prot is a must..Great Martinis!!!!

Rob

cindy_k
08-19-2004, 11:35 PM
I saw a license plate in Lake Ronkonkoma this afternoon that said: MGK KGDM on a black pickup truck.

They had the Been There, Done That, Going Back... license plate holder, some of the white car stickers and an antenna topper.

I wonder if they are on the boards somewhere. :)

Cindy from Smithtown, NY. ;)

3DisneyNUTS
08-20-2004, 07:56 AM
When I first started posting on this board I saw that truck and posted about it. I saw it in Hauppague. That is cool you had the siting too. No one replied about being the owner so they may not know about the disboards (gasp).

3DisneyNUTS
08-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Oh yeah I have to add to the list of places.....McNulty's ice cream :)
YUM YUM

3DisneyNUTS
08-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by LiloH
I grew up in Shoreham and my parents still live there so reading this thread is so funny for me. Who knew there'd be so many people from the north shore of central Suffolk county??

I live in Philadelphia now (must say I don't really miss LI, but that's just me) but there certainly is no where better to get Italian food than Long Island. I sometimes dream about the fried calamari from Mama Lombardis.... Yum! :)

actually that is great to hear that you do not miss LI. We want to move but always hold back for fear we would not like it somewhere else. And as far as momma lombardis they have GREAT food but at least 4 times a year I swear off to the place because of the lousy service. I have never seen such bad customer service in my life!

jonesmatNY
08-20-2004, 11:19 AM
We are on North Patchogue, raised in Sayville. Own at BCV and did an add-on there too! Dont have a Custom Plate but do have a BCV Oval Sticker, License Plate Frame, Mickey Mouse Sticker on the side and Pluto hanging from the Window. (No attenna topper, only cause this van has the antenna built into the windshield!).

Heading south, again, for the MNSSHP!
Southwest at $49 and a new terminal at the Airport, how could we resist.

Matt

gigibeans1
08-27-2004, 12:34 PM
WOW...lots of us! Born and raised in Commack (class of 78), then moved to Lindenhurst, then Centereach and settled in Holtsville about 7 years ago.

ripleysmom
08-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Wantagh/Levittown area here!! While I don't have a Disney license plate, you can't miss me. I drive a Yellow Aztek!! :teeth:

roelongo
08-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Born, raised and still live in Commack

figment795
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
I was born in Bay shore in 1968 lived in Holbrook until 1977. My dad was relocated to Oregon been here 27 years.

Annette:earsgirl:

KaylaKristen
08-27-2004, 08:09 PM
DH and I born and raised in Deer Park. Now live in Port Jeff Sta. for the last three years.

First trip home to SSR in October.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: princess:

cybant
08-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Raised in Wantagh. Live in Islip.

artvandelay
10-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Raised in Wantagh and live in Seaford. We just bought at SSR.

plamp
10-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Another Long Island family has just joined DVC...us! I was raised in Mineola, my wife in Bay Shore. We lived in a co-op in RVC for a few years, then in 1995 we moved to our house in Massapequa and have 3 children. We are very happy here, but I do agree with an earlier poster - I do not like winter weather anymore.
Growing up here I love the beach and I could not imagine living anywhere that is more than an hour from the ocean.

disgirl
10-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi! I was raised in Manhasset and now live in Massapequa. We joined DVC late 2003.:D

QuiltTeddy
10-27-2004, 09:29 AM
WOW, just found this thread. Amazing how many people are here on Long Island.

I was born in Greenwich CT, moved to Laurel Hollow, LI when I was starting 5th grade. Graduated from Cold Spring Harbor High School in '75 (man that sounds sooooo long ago). Married and lived in Hicksville for 6 years, then moved to Patchogue for 3 years and then Hampton Bays. We've been in Hampton Bays for 16 years now. Absolutely love LI, EVEN the winters. Used to joke that the next time we moved, we'd be living in the water off Montauk if we kept going east. However, we are staying put for a long, long time.

kristielee
10-27-2004, 11:24 AM
:wave: West I slip girl here....class of 1983. DH was born and raised in Port Jeff (class of somewhere in the mid to late seventies...I can't remember). But my father in law was the Riverhead School system superintendent and BBall and track coaches in both Port Jeff and Riverhead I think, back in the late 60's and through the 70's. My family still lives in Levittown today, though we are upstate.

nydisney14
10-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Born and raised in Hicksville, Class of 95. Recently moved out to
Ronkonkoma.

Trying to convince DW that DVC is right for us!!!!

JimNY
10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Grew up in Kings Park and now live in East Hampton :)

bgerner
10-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Count me in--Born and raised in Flushing, moved to Sag Harbor in 1985:wave2:

ainmama2001
10-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Calverton here!

Grew up in E. Patchogue
Went to Bellport HS
Did morning news with Chaz and AJ on WRCN for about a year from 2000-2001

milachy
10-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Count me in...

I live in Massapequa grew up in Massapequa Park.

Bought into SSR last OCT

plamp
10-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Wow, that's three from Massapequa and one from Seaford in the last 7 or so posts!

ahoff
10-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Lot of Suffolk County folks here! We are from Eastport, originally from Rocky Point. Have to check with a coworker from Rocky Point if he has seen those plates around town!

tripletvan
10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Born in Brooklyn, Moves out EAST to Island Trees (Levittown)(Mom still there). Went to HS in RVC (St. Agnes). Married at USMMA @ Kings Point. Now live in Greenfield Center, Saratoga Springs Schools.
Our kids are upstaters (snobs). They can't wait to wear their Saratoga Springs HS sweats & tee's when we stay at SSR next.

DeeCee735
10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Born and raised - Nassau County! Valley Stream & Woodmere.
Let me know if ever there are plans for a LI DVC meet & greet:)

Vince
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Grew up in Albertson.....

Moved to Plainview in 96

Moved to 2nd house in Plainview in 2002

Moved back to Albertson in 2004

Moving to Melville in 2005 once our home is finished being built

-Vince

trainfun
10-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Grew up in Plainview and Smithtown. Lived in Ronkonkoma from 79-89. In Shoreham since 1989.

Love the LI beaches. Hate the traffic.

Would like to relocate to a warmer climate after retirement.

Peterd
10-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Trainfun, any kids in the school district (swr)?

ainmama2001
10-28-2004, 05:05 PM
How are your taxes over there in Shoreham? Still through the roof?

artvandelay
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by plamp
Wow, that's three from Massapequa and one from Seaford in the last 7 or so posts!

My DVC Guide told me that NY is the state with the most DVC members.

mgkkgdm
10-30-2004, 10:51 PM
We used to live in East Northport up until last Thursday, now we live in Fairport, NY (20 minutes east of Rochester)

I drive a black p/u with license plate MGKKGDM and plenty of Disney decals on the rear window, usually have a camo ant topper, but just got the AK Mickey which will go on tommorow morning.

Been DVC members for 4 years

Have a magical day....
Paul

:earsboy:

ez
10-31-2004, 06:10 AM
attended OLPH, live in Fl now.

3DisneyNUTS
10-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by mgkkgdm
We used to live in East Northport up until last Thursday, now we live in Fairport, NY (20 minutes east of Rochester)

I drive a black p/u with license plate MGKKGDM and plenty of Disney decals on the rear window, usually have a camo ant topper, but just got the AK Mickey which will go on tommorow morning.

Been DVC members for 4 years

Have a magical day....
Paul

:earsboy:

PAUL did you drive through Hauppague alot? I posted a message about you about 6 months ago saying I saw you! WOW :)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=553700

Also if you look back in the thread we are on someone spotted you in Ronkonkoma :)

WelcomeHome
10-31-2004, 07:11 AM
I'm from LI, near Port Jeff.::MickeyMo

MG814
10-31-2004, 07:39 AM
THATS MY WIFES CAR . IT'S WHAT MY KIDS WANTED[COLOR=blue]pirate:

metus
10-31-2004, 08:28 AM
We are from long island too!

trainfun
10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
One son in college, the other is a senior at SWR HS.

Taxes still a bit lower than in surrounding school districts, but only by a few dollars.

We also get a lot less state aid (7-12 million less) than surrounding districts, so running our schools with comparable taxes seems reasonable.

KennyK
10-31-2004, 07:08 PM
I guess I'll add my name to the list of Li'ers that are DVC mbrs.

Grew up in North Merrick. Attended Calhoun HS. Now live in Nesconset.

Saw that DVCMAGIC plate many times at "Citibank Park" LI Ducks, while working the parking lot.

I drive around in a white minivan with an antenna farm on it's roof with a "Mickey" of some sort on one of its antennas.

Our home is VWL. Planning on relocating to Florida in the next couple of yrs.

hello to all our fellow LI DVC owners.

Kennyk

Island_Lauri
10-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Grew up in Port Jefferson Station - no Port, no Train Station - who named that town?

Lived in Houston Texas during the late 70's, early 80's - culture shock. Short stay in NJ and then Setauket, Farmingville and East Northport. I currently live in Centerport.

Beachangel
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Huntington born and raised. Exchanged one island for another and moved to Manhattan a few years ago. Still a Long Islander on the weekends - have a place in Port Jeff.

sixcats
11-01-2004, 11:29 AM
We live in Farmingdale and have a small place in Rocky Point also.

QuiltTeddy
11-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Amazing and interesting seeing how many people are actually from Long Island. You never know but it could end up being your next door neighbor.

ainmama2001
11-01-2004, 04:22 PM
My next door neighbor says "Disney is stupid". I know it ain't him!!!!! :eek:

canals68
11-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I live iin East Northport. Work in Patchogue.

Lived in Long Beach before East Northport and grew up in Middle Village, Queens.::yes::