PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Park Place vs Candy Cane Inn

minniern
07-14-2001, 03:23 AM
Planning at trip in October. Have read great things about both the Candy Cane Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn. If you had to choose one which would you choose? Also, which one is the shortest walking distance to the theme parks?

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

daannzzz
07-14-2001, 10:52 AM
The Park Place Inn is right at the light to cross Harbor Blvd into Disney property. The Candy Cane is about three to seven minute walk depending on your pace and one stop light. I would still stay at the Candy Cane though as it has alot more atmosphere and is much prettier. I like to come back to some place nice and somewhat themed when I am on vacation. If you don't plan to be at the motel much and theming and surroundings are not as important, you can't get any closer than the Park Place Inn... except for Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

TigerBear
07-14-2001, 11:41 AM
minniern,

I am so glad you asked this question...based on information on this board, I also have narrowed it down to the same two. Although Park Place Inn is definitely closer, Candy Cane has an exclusive shuttle that runs every thirty minutes.

I can't wait to read the replies!

Carol
07-14-2001, 04:02 PM
We had the same two chosen for our stay in Sept. The choice was made for us though, the Candy Cane Inn was full at the time our trip. We're hoping BWPP will be nice and we know it's going to be convenient. Is there still a mini golf on Harbor?

daannzzz
07-14-2001, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately the mini golf is gone. Part of the progress of widening the streets and beautification. I thought I had read that Disney had bought that property. Though they widened that one street I think there is still a nice strip of land...under the high voltage towers.