PDA

View Full Version : skyauction

cosmo4me
08-06-2004, 08:20 PM
hello every1!

My family is planning to go to WDW Sept 19-28.
I was reading your threads here and looked at skyauction.
I notice on a hotel one at the bottom it say $195 additional per unit(taxes and service charge)
What does this mean. The price i am willing to bid plus this 195?....I am confused already......
I have searched and searched on the web for best deals on a/f,hotels, and car rental..I have still not booked any. I am at a lost. ......Any help is appreciated.

I think its overwhelming anymore :-(

Thanks,

Cindy:wave:

lawgs
08-06-2004, 08:31 PM
the 195 is the set fee from skyauction, that along with the processing fee of 15 makes your real starting bid being 210$ ( although there are some auctions are by the night and have a per night $ fee associated with them )

when you bid say 145 for an auction and win it, you would then have to pay them a total of 355$

the accomodations you get are timeshare condos usually, anywhere from a hotel room/suite to a three bedroom ( but in florida they are usually 1 or 2 bedroom condos )

they are usually for a 7 night time period too

you would realize the value of this if you own a timeshare or have ever stayed in one

they have an auction there which is called ready set go

using this auction which usually goes for about 50$ you can either "hold" a resort from their listing before you start bidding or win an auction for which you can later check the listings for something you might use ( once again florida seems to have a high number of listings in the "check weeks" )

TINK61
08-09-2004, 11:27 PM
My winning bid on Skyauction was $23 on a "bid per night" hotel room at the Rosen Plaza. I needed 3 nights - so the $23, plus the $32 "tax and service fees" and the $15 processing fee added, I ended up paying $60 per night for the 4 star hotel. Not too bad.

cosmo4me
08-11-2004, 12:01 AM
hey

Thanks your info has helped me..Still looking for deals on all of it tho.. Not content yet.....;)