PDA

View Full Version : Kristin's low carb journal

KLH 1973
08-03-2004, 08:17 AM
I am 31yrs old and have been about 20lbs overweight since 16. Met my husband than and we both got way to comfortable and lets just put it this way 15yrs later and two wonderful daughters later my scale is about to break at a whopping 305 lbs.

We went on our first cruise with kids in Sept 2003 and when I look back at the pictures of myself ( only 3 taken) I am truely horrified.

So just started planning our second cruise for 2006 so have about 24 months to get it right. My plan is to loose 20lb at a time.

My carb plan is no more than 20carbs a day and only tea or water to drink and walk 1mile a day. So keep your fingers crossed.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I am a stay at home mom and babysit 4kids....so the hardest thing for me is all the goodies that are in the house. :eek:

septbride2002
08-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Welcome to Wish! There are lots of low carbers here, including myself. I think it is great that you are wanting to get into a healthy lifestyle for yourself. Couple of quesions:

1) have you chosen a plan to follow?
2) have you read the book for that plan?
3) do you plan to exercise?

The biggest thing to remember with low carbing is that in the beginning you are going to feel tired and worn out - it will pass. Since you are a babysitter this is a great time to teach the kids about healthy eating. Next time you go grocery shopping only buy healthy snacks.

~Amanda

KLH 1973
08-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Well so far today I have stayed on track

Breakfast: slim fast carb options
Snack: cold plain tuna
Lunch: slim fast carb options

Have drank about a liter of tea sweetned with splenda

Very tempted my kids stuff in the house but after reading all of Strings posts she has given me a ton of will power.

Hope you guys can keep me on track also LOL

deelam
08-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I'm on Atkins low carb. I need to lose about 60LBS. Remember you are in this for the Longhall. So try to make meals as tasty as possible so that you don't get board with the food. Aslo, try having healthy snacks onhand. Celery with cream cheese or string cheese is good.
Good Luck
Dee

DoeWDW
08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Kristin, another welcome to the WISH Journal board!

We'll be happy to help you stay on track but there's one important thing you need to know. You have to keep posting here, OK?? There may come a day when all your good intentions are thrown to the wind and you overindulge. Many people just give up and are too afraid to post their mistakes. Believe me, we've all made our share, and you don't ever have to be ashamed or afraid to post here.

I'm glad you've decided to join us on the healthy living road! I think your goals sound great!

Hope you have a day filled with smiles! :sunny:

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Welcome to WISH Kristin! You'll find so much support here! As Dorreen said...just keep posting here...even on a bad day. We're all here to help support you. Good luck!

Gail

KLH 1973
08-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Well it's the end of diet day #2 and I have made it through the day!!!

Dinner consisted of roasted chicken and broc w/ cheese

I have been drinking all water and tea today and have shamfully gone to the bathroom about every 15min. Can anyone tell me if your body gets used to all the water and your bladder slows down. Or should i just be thankfull I work from home so no boss to yell at me.

Thanks for all the advice

Kristin::MickeyMo

Strings
08-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi Kristin,

I PM'd you. You are doing a great job. The first few days are the hardest. You also are starting to go into ketosis, so you will find that you have to go to the bathroom frequently. This too will pass. Snacking with kids around is tough. The morning start bars are tasty, at only 2 grams of met carbs. I also like cream cheese sweetened with a little splenda. This is good with sliced ham or berries after you are off induction. I also boil some eggs, so I can make deviled eggs quickly. Some people like pork rinds, I just can't get past what they actually are. There is also beef jerky, but it is high sodium, and can be high in carbs. String cheese is my saving grace most days. www.lowcarbfriends.com has a huge recipe database. It is worth the look.

Oh, is the tea decaf? If it is caffienated that can lead to extra trips to the bathroom. I suggest green tea. Keep up the great work. I'll be checking in on you.
Beth

KLH 1973
08-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Up until 3days ago I have really disliked tea I have always been a diet dr. pepper fiend. So I am kinda in soda with drawl since I only alow myself to have one soda a day and the rest is tea and water. The tea is not decaf and at this point not to worried about it since I am just glad I am drinking it. Maybe after I get used to this I will change it .WELLLL the start of my morning is going great.

carb slim fast and large water!!!

Only prob is that I am not hungry but I feel like I am. Nothing is tempting me just feel like I should be eatting. But no hunger pains or grumbles.....do you know what I mean?

Kristin

toystoryduo
08-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Kristin!

Welcome to WISH! You will find a lot of support and encouragement here.::yes:: Hope you have a wonderful day!:sunny:

Tracy:wave2:

KLH 1973
08-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Well I have made it through lunch and had a carb options slim fast but was extra hungry and had some cold tuna after.

The kids started sucking up ice cream so lol I had to break out some peanuts. But I stayed strong and hopefully will not loose it tonight.

The kids are being good today so not having any extra stress from them. School starts back for them in 21 days WOOT

Kristin

Princess Michelle
08-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi Kristin! Welcome to WISH journaling! You will be amazed at how much this board helps you stay focused and accountable. Just putting it all out there and knowing others are reading it makes you really want to do your best and even when you don't do your best the encouragement you will receive will just lift you up and make you feel like you can do anything! I wish you all the best in reaching your goals. :)

KLH 1973
08-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Good morning everyone it is day 4 for me and I thought yesterday was the toughest. But this morning I woke up dreaming of sweets so instead of being bad I got out the sugar free jello I made last night and had some. It was not a hershey bar but I felt alot better LOL.

Breakfast is carb slim fast and large tea

So far I have not done a ton of excersise unless you count chasing kids, so I need to step it up a knotch. This board has been incredibly supportive and very kind. I can not thank all of you enough.

Kristin:)

DoeWDW
08-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Kristin, you're doing a GREAT job!! Hang in there!

I'm throwing a WISH party on the healthy living road - wanna come?? We've got the music on, we're dancin' and laughin' and smilin'! Can you feel the party atmosphere??

:rockband: "Celebrate good times, come on!!" :rockband:

Did anyone think to warn you that we get a little crazy on the Journal board once in a while??? :teeth: :crazy:

KLH 1973
08-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Well after my hershey complex this morning I got it together and drank enough tea and water to fill a kids pool lol.

Lunch was good did the carb slim fast and had some tuna on the side along with another pool of tea and water.

My only concern is that I am truelly not hungry or even bored hungry but my stomach is having hunger pains and is grumbling from time to time. Does this mean my stomach is shrinking or am I just not eating enough or is my body just going what are you doing to me lady. So any advice is really appriciated.

Kristin::MickeyMo

Strings
08-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi Kristin,

You are doing a great job. You probably won't be hungry, but you will need to remind yourself to eat. Make sure that you are eating at leaat 1200 calories a day. Otherwise you will go into starvation mode. Then you won't lose anything. There is a website, www.fitday.com that will let you log all of your intake in a day. It will do an analysis of what you eat. I find tht I lose best, if my fat intake is 60-70%. One more thing, each packet of splenda has some carbohydrate in it . It contains maltodextrin to bulk. Davinci syrups is now making a SF simple syrup. You could lower your carb intake by using that to sweeten your tea. I read your post on my jornal. When I started, I barely made it through a 1 mile WATP tape. Keep at it, and you'll be able to workout as much as you want.

Keep up the great work.
Beth

KLH 1973
08-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Well made it through dinner and still have enough carb pts to have some peanuts tonight....its the small things in life:)

Was not able to get myself to work out today so far so maybe while big brother is on tonight I can get my butt on the treadmill and go for a bit.

Talk to you all later

Kristin

ChrizJen
08-05-2004, 11:15 PM
You are almost through your first week!!! You're doing an awesome job, and I am really proud of you! Keep journalin'! It's definitely helping keep you motivated!!!! Now hopefully I gan get in on a little of that enthusiasm! :Pinkbounc

Keep it up! :teeth:

-Christal

July
08-06-2004, 03:52 AM
Wow

I am truly impressed. 10 lbs the first week.
I just happened to click on the journals this morning
& start reading yours was first. Man this is addicticing.

You are doing very well.
Keep up the good work.

July:tongue:

KLH 1973
08-06-2004, 06:39 AM
I truelly think the only reason I have lost 10lbs so far is because I have to lose 150lbs:( But I got my self in this situation and It took me 16yrs to do it so it would be wonderfull if it did not take 16yrs for it not to come off:tongue:

Something I forgot to mention in my original journal entry is that for the last 8 years I have taken care of my 85yr old grandma who in the beginning was just needing someone to keep an eye on her. But the last 3 yrs was full diaper, stroke , hospital bed duty so I think I have convinsed myself that I was stress eatting.

Well I put her in a nursing home 3days before I started journel and my stress was like a 10 I would say now is a 3. Unless the kids really push it. So maybe thats what is helping me this time around ( lack of stress).

Well it is really early and having my slim fast carb shake and my liter of tea is next so I will keep you all posted as day progresses.

Thanks for all the support

::MickeyMo Kristin::MickeyMo

KLH 1973
08-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Well today has gone as planned and I can't help but say how proud of myself I am. My sister inlaw was being teased with crab ragoon and called me in dispair. Then my husband comes home and he says honey I did not make it today, I had chinese and crab ragoon. So of cours at this point all I can think of is chinese and my favorite crab ragoon. SOOO I faced temptation in the face and took my finger off the phone and had steak and broc. instead.

Stopped drinking tea and water and switched to soda for the evening so I can actually sleep without 10 night trips to the restroom:)

Thanks again for all the support

Kristin:bounce:

Strings
08-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi Kristin,

Great job tuning down that Crab Ragoon. That is awesome, you made a wise decision.::yes:: I give you a lot of credit for caring for your grandmother. I am a nurse, and I honestly don't know if I could do it full time. You are a strong woman.
Beth

KLH 1973
08-07-2004, 08:57 AM
**DAY 6**

OMG woke up this money in a fright, I had a dream that I was eatting a whole carton of cookies and cream ice cream. In my dream it tasted so good but I was so upset I did it. Then I woke up and I could not believe it, had to wake up Greg and tell him the dream.

So now its breakfast and having slim fast carb style and some tea.

Got a new clippie this weight is melting off gotta love it , keep your fingers crossed it continues this fast.

And this is a question to anyone who had a ton of weight to loose like me. What did you do for extra skin after or did you not have that problem

Kristin:Pinkbounc

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Way to go Kristin!!:Pinkbounc

Just make sure you are exercising. My mom has told me of patients that come into her office that have lost a lot of weight and not exercising and the skin just hangs there. I lost just over a 100 lbs and my skin did not sag. I did exercise a lot though! Not to say the skin was exactly tight...and the saggiest part of course was the stomache and chest:rolleyes:

Good luck....worry about the skin later! Just exercise!

Gail

KLH 1973
08-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Lunch was good I did the slim fast thing again and took a little bag of peanuts and tea to my daughters soccer game to keep me in line.

Forgot they have consession stand and all the parents had brats, burgers, beer and candy....so felt like I was in hell. But since I did not bring any money I could not screw up.

Came home and am snacking on some string cheese as we speak. So I will chat more later.

Kristin

Princess Michelle
08-07-2004, 04:48 PM
You're really doing great, Kristin! It sounds like you have been facing a lot of temptation but you are resisting and that is awesome! Keep up the great work! :)

KLH 1973
08-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Well getting ready to go to bed and surprising enough it's getting easier and easier to make the right choices. To bad I waited this long to find this board because you guys really are a great support system. Even if no one would reply at least I have the knowledge that some one can.

So had eggs and ham for dinner and stayed in my carb pts range but half way through dinner kinda got full but thought better finish so that I know how many pts I will still have. Well did not matter because after dinner felt sick to my stomach the rest of the evening due to being a piggy and eatting all my dinner.

Tomorrow is another soccer game with concession stuff so need to get creative or buy just meat LOL

night guys:wave2:

KLH 1973
08-08-2004, 09:38 AM
DAY 7

Woke up this morning way to early but could not go back to sleep. Don't you hate when that happens. So did the slim fast thing for breakfast and puttered around the house. Had to run to walmart to get a messuring tape to get my body messurements and a few other odds and ends. Got oldest daughter home from a slumber party and she got 4hrs of sleep if she is lucky so now I am evil mom because she was crabby and I sent her back to bed. She has soccer game today and dont need her crying in the outfield lol. So I am on track so far will give an update later see ya all later

Kristin

down to 282 woot

Strings
08-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi Kristin,

Great job this weekend. I am sending some :wizard: to help you avoid th concession stands today.
Beth

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Way to go Kristen:Pinkbounc You are doing teriffic!!!! Keep it up!

Gail

July
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Great Job Kristin!

Fifteen pounds is great!!!! That's what I have lost...

Yipee for you.:jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3:

Keep up the good work.

And remember to start slow on the excercise. No use in hurting yourself.... Then you have to stop.

July:wave2:

KLH 1973
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Well did great today again...that magic dust sure must be helping.
Did slim fast and string cheese and peanuts for lunch.
Daughters soccer game was a blast I screamed and jumped up and down so did not really think of food. But here is the kicker.
Guys I need all the prayers and magic dust you have just found out I have to do concession duty tomorrow and man I will be looking at every carbo known to man and smelling them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!! I think I can smell the nachos now

LOL Kristin:crazy

KLH 1973
08-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Yep its official I can smell the nachos LOL

jodistar
08-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Wow Kristen, truly a great job! Just dropping by to wish you much luck this week.

Sounds like you are off to a fabulous start!

Jodi:wave:

KLH 1973
08-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Day 8

Well its Monday, yuke and the kids are gonna start arriving in about 30min so dont have a ton of time. Considering its a Monday I am on cloud nine, down one more pound and can fit into a pair of jeans that took alot of sucking to get into before. Well now just pulled them on and snap. SWEET. Tonight is still concession duty so bring on that dust lol I need help.

Breakfast is slim fast and water, tea

Kristin

1more pound and new clippie

July
08-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Kristin,

Sending lots & lots of pixie dust your way.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Try to get in a very filling supper before you go if possible. That will help some. Then you can be more comfortable around the
food because you will not be hungry.

If you have time cut up some celery sticks & put some cheese or peanut butter in a container for your healthy snack.

Good luck I will be thinking of you!!!

July:bounce:

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Way to go Kristen!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Sending you lots and lots of pixie dust to avoid those concessions! You can do it...I know you want to see that new clippie!

Gail

KLH 1973
08-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Quick update just played soccer in the yard with 2 daughters and cleaned out car. Does that count as a workout lol.

OK lunch slim fast and tea and water.

Question to anyone who sees this post. Is almost 17pounds in 10days to much?

Strings
08-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi Kristin,

17/10 is a lot, but you are ok. LC shows a huge loss in the first 2 weeks. WTG! Here's :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for the game tonight.
Beth

jodistar
08-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Kristin, Congratulations on your weight loss. :jumping1:

I am just dropping by really quick. I am not feeling that well today.

I posted the following information on my journal too- you asked about the Disney Card here is the 800 information:
The number for the Disney Card people is:
1-888-295-0846, use code 6GFQ06 I believe that qualifies you for a $25.00 dollar gift certificate after your first purchase. Be sure to the tell them that I sent you

Jodi :wave:

KLH 1973
08-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Well bad news I lost it working in the concesion stand. Was going to eat dinner before hand and was lucky I got my daughter out the door with her uniform on. So got there and only had to much bread....hamburger and brat w/ the bun YIKES. A big no no with carbs but I did not touch any candy so maybe not to horrible.

So Ill talk more tomorrow

Kristin

Tasha+Scott
08-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi, Kristin! Well, 1st of all, thanks for posting your support in my journal. The support is what keeps me from making the wrong eating choices. It is like Michelle said earlier in your journal, it makes me feel accountable and that is good motivation.
You have done a phenomenal job these past 10 days! I am so proud of you and I am sure you are proud too. Keep up the great work! :hyper: :wave2: ::yes::

KLH 1973
08-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Day 9

Good morning everyone!!! As you saw from last post the concesion stand got me but was able to stay away from the candy Yah. So I was so hopeing to lose that one more pound so I could get that new clippie but after last night thought no way. But can you believe it woke up this morning and im a sold 280. Woot and to top it off I started my you know what.....so when the bloating goes away and all the things I will not mention, maybe I will be a bit lower. Well here is to hoping.
My husband are trying to refinance our house to pay off some stuff and get new windows and so I have to get some things in order in the house because we have to get a new house appraisal. YUCK. So keep your fingers crossed we appraise high.

Breakfast will be slim fast carb style

Talk some more later and thanks guys for all the support

Kristin

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-10-2004, 11:34 AM
:jumping1: WooHoo! Look at that new clippie! Great job!!! It's all downhill from here!! Keep it up!

Gail

Princess Michelle
08-10-2004, 12:02 PM
New clippie looks good, way to go! :)

deelam
08-10-2004, 12:30 PM
You are doing Great. You are on your way to being slim!

Dee

jodistar
08-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Congratulations on the clippee....I sure there will be more to come. Great work! :cheer2:

septbride2002
08-10-2004, 09:24 PM
wow! You are losing a lot of weight in a short time! Don't worry to much low carbers tend to lose a lot at first, majority being water weight. Are you following Atkins and doing the 20 carbs a day for right now?

~Amanda

KLH 1973
08-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Day 10

Good morning everyone. Today is appraisal day so just a bit stressed out. Husband is driving me nuts about get this get that. As far as the carb diet plan I am following....it's kinda weird. My SIL got me on it and the first 7days is just 20carbs than after the first 7 you alternate the 3rd and 4th day by having carbs but a limited amount of protein. Which in theory is supposed to shock your body and make your body eat your fat or something like that. Forgot the name of the book but the first time I tried it and I was able to eat carbs and hardly any protein I went nuts and ate everything and fell off diet so now I just think I am gonna doo 20 carbs a day and see how that works.

Breakfast is slim fast and tea
Snack is gonna be some tuna or peanuts
Lunch is slim fast and tea
Dinner is some form of chicken with veggies

Talk later
Kristin

toystoryduo
08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Kristin,
Good Luck with your appraisal today!::yes:: I hope everything works out for you.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Wow!:earseek: :jumping1:

Have a great day!

Tracy :wave:

DoeWDW
08-11-2004, 09:47 AM
:flower2: :flower2: A BEAUTIFUL NEW CLIPPIE!!! :flower2: :flower2:

Kristin, that 20 pound clippie looks GREAT on you!! Please know that your weight loss will slow down. As everyone has said, the first 2 weeks on low-carb you do lose a lot of water weight.

I'm hoping you are going to take your measurements on a regular basis. Many low-carbers have found that either the scale is going down OR the inches are coming off, but almost never at the same time. Keep that tape measure handy so you can see those inches melting away when the scale is stuck.

You're doing a great job!! Please make sure you're eating at least 1,200 calories a day - you wouldn't want to mess up your metabolism and stop the weight loss!

Best wishes for a wonderful day! :sunny:

septbride2002
08-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Kristin,
Fish on the George Forman is so easy! I typically buy frozen fish fillets in a big bag and I have all sorts of seasonings that I put on them. My very favorite is a Lemon Garlic Seasoning!

I warm up the Foreman, spray with some Pam, and then plop the frozen fish fillet on the plate and sprinkle with Lemon Garlic or Cajun Seasonings and then cook until it flakes. It is super easy and very very yummy.

~Amanda

Strings
08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi Kristin,

I do the same thing as Amanda. I like to get tuna steaks or swordfish at Costco.. Defrost, marinate for 30 minutes with juice of 2 limes, one lemon, a little water. 1 packet of splenda. Grill for 3-4 minutes, and it is heaven. I might do that tomorrow. You are doing a great job. I hope the eval went well.
Beth

jodistar
08-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Hope everything went well with the appraisal! Good job, keeping up with the diet.

KLH 1973
08-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Well looks like the appraisal went well... the lady did not find anything major. She just suggested we might want to water proof our basement. Houses in our neighborhood have been selling high so maybe we will get lucky.

The diet went so well today, I just still cant get into the workout mode. I have been doing little things but nothing real big. Thanks so much for your support guys.

Ill let you all know when bank calls if we got the loan we want.

Kristin::MinnieMo

KLH 1973
08-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Good Morning everyone its Thursday and just close enough to the weekend to make today drag. My diet plan is on track so far today. My husband has been off track and I keep finding things I dont want to see because it tempts me to much. Found these candy bars at seven eleven that are from atkins ....carmel, nut, chocolate things and only 2carbs. So had one last night and were so so so good. My only concern is the sugar alch. and if it will mess me up. So hope everyone has a great day.

Kristin

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-12-2004, 12:32 PM
You're doing great Kristen! Keep it up!

Gail

Strings
08-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi Kristin,

I sent you a PM. You are doing great. Concentrate on getting the lc thing under you belt and then add exercise. It can sometimes be overwhelming to change everything at once.

Beth

KLH 1973
08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Woot went from a 26 to a 24 and things were getting loose so went to laney bryant and now went from a 24 to a 22. The 22 are great in the legs but a bit snug in the waist if I sit down but since I am a babysitter out of my home those jeans will just remind me to stay on track.... LOL the sick things you have to do with you brain when your on a diet.

Kristin:crazy:

July
08-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Kristin, You are doing fantastic.

July:sunny:

toystoryduo
08-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Way to go Kristin! Keep up the good work!:Pinkbounc

chrismiss56
08-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Kristin

Way to go.....Congrats....it is always exciting to go shopping and buy a smaller size.

Keep going - you are headed in the right direction..........

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a Disney Friday!!

KLH 1973
08-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Friday August 13th

Still on my new jeans high!!! Got up this morning and now im 278, this weight is just melting off I just cant believe it. I am on plan so far today.

Breakfast slim fast carb style
Snack peanuts
Lunch slim fast carb style
Snack pork skins Yuck but can't have chips
Dinner some form of chicken but the call of eggs and bacon is very strong.

Tonight told the kids I would take them to see Princess Diary's 2. I have never been a big popcorn fan at the movies so think I can handle that. But I am a big pretzel fan and accross the theater is a Auntie Annes pretzels .

So if I am doing about 15 carbs today how bad would it be to get a pretzel there... I have been doing so good so far and my keytone strips have me like right in the middle. Any advice????

Kristin

Strings
08-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi Kristin,

You have been doing a great job. You are in ketosis. The pounds are melting off. Your question is, "Is that pretzel worth it?" I always take peanuts, sunflower seeds, or cashews with me to the movies. The sunflower seeds are great because I can stretch them through the entire movie. If you do eat the pretzel :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: water.
Beth

KLH 1973
08-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Saturday August 14

Well it's way to early and all the kids are still asleep from the slumber party. We went and saw princess diary's and I picked a different theater so I would not be tempted by hot buttery pretzels. So instead I had cold hard peanuts LOL. But the movie was good. I even made it to schnucks and got large dounuts and did not even get tempted. But lol after my husband ate some I sure did want to give him a kiss...giggle. Does that count as being tempted.

So now getting ready to have slim fast carb style. Will update later

Kristin

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Way to go Kristen...changing the theatre to avoid a pretzel! And then passing up the donuts! You are on a mission!

Gail

KLH 1973
08-14-2004, 07:42 PM
OMG I totally lost it tonight. Greg and I decided to go to OutBack for dinner. Grandma took the kids so I was like what the hell ....throw the diet out the door for the night. Well half way through the dinner I thought I was gonna be sick. The carbs from bread, potatoes, alchohol it was not pretty and I will never do that again.

Kristin

chrismiss56
08-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Kristin

It is over and done with. The important part is starting back on from this moment on. You will do fine again tomorrow. You realized that you "lost it" and now work past it.

Maybe some extra exercise this week will help you.

But I have to tell you it did sound good.:tongue:

Have a Low Carb Sunday!!

And a Disney Day!!

Linda

July
08-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Kristin,
It was your official splurge. Now get back on track young lady.

July:)

KLH 1973
08-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Sunday August 15

Well at least did not loose my 280 with that outback stunt. I am just glad I did not eat all my food or I would have been sick for sure. I would say I ate about half what I would have eatten 3wks ago. But since my stomach has shrunk it felt like I had 3 large bricks in there.

So good morning everyone its about 6;30am and doing the slim fast shake and got my walking clothes on. About to embark on a walk with the dog lol should be fun.

Will Update later

Kristin:bounce:

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Looks like a bad weekend for us! Hope you got it together Sunday. I know I didn't! You're doing great! You got a little taste and you need to make that last for a while! But hey...bet it was nice getting out without the kids...just you and hubby! Have a great Monday!

Gail

KLH 1973
08-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Well I am sore as can be. Walked yesterday 1.5miles and went to Target and got some excersise rubberband thing and now my upper body is screaming. The really good thing... I noticed my bra was pretty loose so I got the tape meassure out and my bra size before was 48DDD now I am 44DDD....not a 100% sure about the DDD because that is a bit loose as well. So long story short got a new bra in a 44 and had to put it on the tightest hooks.

So my summary down 2 pants and now down I guess 4 bra sizes.

Besides screwing up Sat night I pulled it together Sunday. Monday is looking really good OP for breakfast and getting ready to surf cable for some workout session. Have a great day guys

Kids go back to school in 9DAYS WOOT

Kristin

toystoryduo
08-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Way to go Kristin! Keep up the good work!:jumping1: Don't smaller clothes make you feel wonderful???:teeth: Have a great day today!

Tracy:wave:

Auntmeme
08-16-2004, 09:44 AM
congrats on the losses! & getting back in gear on sunday:bounce: i think that is the bigger success. it is sooo tempting to keep off plan but it does wreak havoc with our ultimate goals. weekends are a real challenge, I also went op on sat night(3 lc beers & nachos:crazy2: ) & sun was no better. Spent the night alone with dh at the jersey shore so what was I to do?

Anyhow I'm glad to see you made better choices than I and you are right back on target- yippie:Pinkbounc Have a wonderful MOnday!

DoeWDW
08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Kristin, you're SHRINKING!!! First pants, then bras - YAY for you!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Glad to hear you got right back on track. A slip now and then won't hurt you as long as you get right back on plan and drink, drink, drink that water!

You go, girl!!!! :sunny:

July
08-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Woo Hoo Kristin!!!!

Way to Go girl

Fantastic 2 pant sizes is great.... Congratulations on losing the inches. So proud of you for jumping right back on board with both feet. Yipee.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

July

keep up the good work.

Strings
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Congratulations Kristin,

You are losing major inches. That is great. Don't be surprised if you keep those DDD's/ Remember cup size is a ratio, so even if they are smaller you can still be the same cup size. Congrats on getting right back OP after Saturday's splurge. Keep up the great work. WTG with the exercise. Seems to me a couple weeks ago you could barely do a mile. Now you are doing 1.5 and upperbody work. You are making huge progress. Celebrate!
Beth

Princess Michelle
08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
You're doing good Kristin, keep it up! :)

KLH 1973
08-16-2004, 06:36 PM
OH boy I have good news and bad news. So good news first we got the appraisal back on our house and it appraised 70k more than we bought it for 2yrs ago. Bad news my hubby and I were so excited we got chinese for dinner and pulled all the stops. So I walked another 1.5miles for guilt and back on track in the morning.

Kristin

P.S. Guys I need some tough love:bounce: :sunny:

jodistar
08-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by KLH 1973
OH boy I have good news and bad news. So good news first we got the appraisal back on our house and it appraised 70k more than we bought it for 2yrs ago. Bad news my hubby and I were so excited we got chinese for dinner and pulled all the stops. So I walked another 1.5miles for guilt and back on track in the morning.

Kristin

P.S. Guys I need some tough love:bounce: :sunny:

Hi Kristin,

Great news about the house- Congratulations!!! I can't really give you tough love though....I am with you I did the "cheat thing" this past weekend....Will get back to it together this week.

Good luck with the house and don't beat yourself up over the chinese.

KLH 1973
08-17-2004, 06:28 AM
Good Morning guys I am up and drinking my slim fast. I weighed myself and on the verge of loosing my clip ...so more than anything now I have to be OP. Will update more later.

Kristin

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Uh oh Kristin...You don't want to lose that clippie that you've worked so hard for. Keep focused! You can do it. At least you tried to offset the chinese food with some exercise. That's good.

You're doing great. You can do this.

KLH 1973
08-17-2004, 08:51 AM
This is an excersise video/dvd request. I am in need of a tape that works the arms big time. I have those arms that do the wave/bye bye thing and need to tone them down alot. Between walking and such my lower half is getting a workout but upper half needs help... Any suggestions?

Kristin

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Kristin...I use free weights...I don't follow any tape for the arms. Have you thought about getting any of the Walk Away the Pounds videos? The one for abs comes with a resistance belt. Not only do you get in a good walk, but some upper body work as well as the abs. Obviously, the Firm is the best for all over body toning.

jodistar
08-17-2004, 05:54 PM
If I think of any tapes for you I will let you know...I've been at the gym thing so long I can't remember what I used. I know at one point I used "The Firm" but can't remember which tape.

They also have a really good magazine out right now (picked it up about a week ago for myself) it's called: Weight Training for Women" it's put out by Muscle and Fitness magazine....Well worth the $4.99 paid (I think).

KLH 1973
08-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Good morning everyone. So far I am OP. Did the slim fast thing for breakfast. Pretty sore from walking almost 2miles and arm stuff yesterday. So not to much going on I am kinda in a veg state so Ill update later.

Kristin

DoeWDW
08-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Kristin, you've got sore muscles from working them!!! Good for you! That soreness is a build up of lactic acid and the best way to get rid of it is to :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: drink lots of water and flush it out of your system!!

Chinese food is so loaded with salt that you're probably retaining water. Guess what will help to get rid of it......that's right!! :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: More water!!

Drink up, Kristin!!!! :sunny:

DoeWDW
08-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Kristin!!! :eek: Me??? Evil???? :teeth: :angel:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You should be drinking so much water that you feel like a :fish: !

Auntmeme
08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Keep up the great work:Pinkbounc

I use Walk away the pounds sometimes, but it would not be sooo great for an arm workout. You could probably go oline and find exercises for the tricep and buy freeweights to do your own routine, put on your fav music and there you have it.

Have a wonderul wednesday:wave2:

KLH 1973
08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Well Wednesday was harder than I thought it would be. Guess since I cheated on Sat and Mon. So totally on track now and even got in some excercise. Hope you guys all did well also

Kristin

KLH 1973
08-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Well its Thursday and I think I have truelly gotten back into the swing of things since my disaster this weekend. Not sure if any of you are having this problem. But as much as I love my hubby I just wish I could stick him in the closet or put him on MUTE. He is in as bad of shape as me and he needs to diet for his health (diabetes,high blood press,and high choles). I have no health issues yet I am just really not happy with weight and size of clothes. So enough of that I started diet beginning of August and feel I have made some huge strives and he started with me but he has fallen off the wagon so to speak at least 5 times. He keeps swearing he is gonna start the next day and I know I can not force him. But he is litterly driving me nuts with his talk of food or what I smell on his breath when he comes home from work.....like he can hide it. LOL I told him that when your on a diet you develop like a 6th sense and can smell anything good. So lady's do you have any suggestions.

Should I change the locks or lock him in the closet ....giggle!!!

On the flip side my arms feel like they are gonna fall off from weights. And to whoever suggest FIRM videos you are truelly evil LOL man they hurt.

Have a great day.

Kristin

P.S. Just an example of hubby. He came home from work yesterday and said well I did great until someone brought in homemade hot choc chip cookies and they brought about 100 of them. I could just not resist.

chrismiss56
08-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Men!!:D

He must really not be ready to do this. It is like any addiction.....the person has to be at that point where they want to change.

My husband also needs to lose alittle weight and start exercising. He will tell you that he gets exercise at work walking around. Can't get it through his head that it is not the same.

Sigh:confused:
As I said MEN!!

Have a Disney Day!!:earsgirl:

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Kristin...way to get in those arm exercises. I love to feel that burn! The Firm will blast the fat away. You're doing great!

As for your husband...you cannot force him to diet. Maybe as he sees you losing he'll be more inclined to join in. But it would be nice if he didn't mention those cookies. My mouth is drooling thinking about them:earseek: Tell him to carry a toothbrush and brush those teeth before he gets home...LOL!! If not...tell him you're gonna make a call to that locksmith.

Keep up the awesome work Kristin! And keep that willpower going. Just imagine going down to the next size. One thing I used to do...I would buy 1 pair of jeans in the next size down and that was a mini goal. I would just get a cheap pair...because I didn't want to stay there long...I wanted to get to the next size.

jodistar
08-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Sorry about that Kristin, that was me that suggested "The Firm" but then again you have to consider the source you've seen my workouts in my journal. :teeth:

I say lock the husband away.....My fiance is much the same with his food, so I can totally understand your frustration.

KLH 1973
08-20-2004, 07:21 AM
LOL I was just teasing about the Firm video. It does hurt very bad but in a good way. Well lets see....have not locked the hubby in the closet but after last nights escapaid I am not to sure. We went and closed on our loan and I was smart and ate dinner before. He did not. So on the way back from loan he asks will it be to tempting to go to Steak N Shake. I am like HELLO!!!!! So he says ok no steak n shake Ill just zip through the drive threw and get White Castles. So he does and puts the sack in my lap as we drive home. So I say this is way to tempting to have this in my lap, so he proceeds to eat them in the car. Ladies please can you see my problem.

Wonder if I would go to jail if i killed him or would it be temp insanity LOL.

So I did not cheat and was so proud of myself...I know its bad but I have this little thought in my head . Well I will succeed and show him and than he will feel bad and try and catch up. I know its wrong but I cant help it.

Talk later

Kristin:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

chrismiss56
08-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Be proud of yourself!!:flower1: :flower1:

Your husband is NOT ready to accept an eating lifestyle change. Mine isn't either and I have given up trying so now I am going to focus on myself.

Food is an addiction I have fought most of my life. I am ready to kick the habit my DH is not.

Keep going Kristin - You are doing it for yourself and no one else.

Have a Disney Day!!:earsgirl:

toystoryduo
08-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Kristin,

I understand your dilemma. A few weeks ago, my DH thought he was doing me a favor by bringing home a snack~ chips and dip. He knows that it is one of my favorites and it was so sweet of him to think of me, but I am trying to lose weight here!:crazy: I'd like to say that I didn't eat any, but I did and it was good!::yes:: I just made sure I worked out extra hard the next day. (The Firm:teeth: )

Congratulations on closing your loan and on resisting White Castle!:thewave: You should be very proud of yourself!::yes::

Have a great Friday!

KLH 1973
08-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Normal Saturday morning. Just had breakfast...slim fast carb style. Gonna do yard work so that most likely will be excercise for the day.

Kristin

Princess Michelle
08-21-2004, 06:14 PM
You're doing well, Kristin! I think locking DH in the closet is a good idea. Lock him in there with a bunch of good fruits and veggies so that he has to eat them and learn to enjoy them before you'll let him out! :teeth:

jodistar
08-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi Kristin,

You are doing such a great job! I know it is really tough with the DH my DF makes it equally as hard but I just wanted to pop in and tell you, you are doing a great job. :rotfl:

Oh, and about The Firm I knew that you were only joking! ;)

KLH 1973
08-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to say real fast how much all your encouregment means to me. You guys have really been a big source of inspiration to me. Well that hallmark moment is over.

Weekend has been really great so far. DH and I got a new stove but its electric and we need to change the gas to electric. Sooooo if you never hear from me again that means we blew up the house and Ill be sending you all good wishes from heaven lol.

So have a great weekend guys.

jodistar
08-22-2004, 12:21 PM
I hope everything goes well with the stove switch. Have a great rest of your weekend. ;)

July
08-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Kristin,
Getting around to catching up on the journals. You are doing so good. I am so proud of you. Hopefully DH will start feeling just a
wee bit left out when those complements start coming on strong.
And he will jump on the band with you. I will pray that this happens. Congrats on the loan. I hope you don't blow up the house. Keep up the great work you are doing....

July:sunny:

KLH 1973
08-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Monday morning and my plan is to stay OP this week and excersise about 5days. As you can tell we did not blow up the house but I did blow my diet. We were working so hard on the electric and by the time we turned the power back on it wass to late to cook dinner. Soooo screwed up with White Castles and felt like CRUD litterely all night long. Man a persons body really rebels when its used to low carbs and than you go nuts. Hope you all did better than I did.

Kristin

Strings
08-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi Kristin,

You are doing a great job. If you have to have ff, dump the bun. With WC, I know, what's the point? But the burger itself is LC. The FIRM is TOUGH. Good for you sticking with it. I know You'll be back OP today. Keep up the great work.
Beth

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-23-2004, 11:11 AM
I know exactly what you mean....I don't follow the low carb thing...but even on my plan...eating bad really makes you feel awful! We can do this! You're doing great.

CruisingCA2005
08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi Kristin:

This is the first time that I'm posting in your journal so I have to say you have been doing fabulously!

Another FIRMie! I'm glad you're enjoying the FIRM. Take it easy in the beginning and do the modifications to make your workout a little easier. Even if you do the workout without weights, you'll still see results.

KLH 1973
08-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Well diet not going to good last night but I am back on track Tuesday morning. Just had slim fast carb style. I am going to try and stay really busy until lunch so I don't think to much of food. Luckily I don't have to much here that is bad but that does not stop me from wanting to call a pizza joint or something.

Kids go back to school on Thursday and I am ashamed to say I can not wait. I will still have to babysit durring the week but it takes the 2 most demanding ones out of the house LOL. Have you ever noticed that other kids listen better than your own?

So with them going to school hopefully I can kick this diet and excersise into a higher gear. Have a great day guys.

Kristin

toystoryduo
08-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi Kristin,:wave:

Are you counting the hours until Thursday comes?;) :crazy: I can not believe how fast this summer has gone by!:earseek:

Have a great day!:sunny:

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Hang in there...you can do this! Way to pick right back up today and start! I take it one day at a time...You're doing great. At least you didn't turn that bad day into more. Thursday will be here before you know it. Mine start Monday.

July
08-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Kristin

Glad to see your still hanging in there. Keep it up.

July:Pinkbounc

panfan
08-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for taking time to post in my journal! Just reading through a few of your entries....my husband can be the same way too!!

It is hard cause we both work together side by side in our restaurant....with all that food....he cooks most of the time and it is tempting cause there are always frys in the basket, fresh baked muffins , desserts etc. However....it can be good too. Just this weekend I was going for a piece of crumb cake and he said ....don't eat it...I'll make you an omelet instead....Men...the good and the bad!

Anyway...just wanted to say Hi! And tell you that you are doing great! Just being able to get through a Firm tape is great! The excercise makes all the difference I think! I have lost weight before but not really w/excercise....this time I am focusing on the excercise part too....And you seem to be doing well with this....
Good luck staying OP this week.....
Remember....we are here for each other!

Have a Healthy Day :)

jodistar
08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Hi Kristin,

Just checking in on you. How did you do today?

Hey, so the kids are back to school tomorrow? Are you counting down the hours? :eek:

I hope everything is going well for you. Hear from you soon.

Jodi

Auntmeme
08-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Yeah kids back in school! time to kick up your exercise and remember eat op. You are doing fantastic keep it up:wave:

DoeWDW
08-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Kristin, hope you're enjoying this first day of school!! You know, the first day there are so many forms for the parents to fill out - I always joke that I'm the one doing tons of homework the first evening!! :teeth: ::yes:: My kids go back on Monday so you know I'll be filling out those forms Monday evening! :p

I hope you're having a great day!! DH will come around in time! :sunny:

Strings
08-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi Kristin,

I seriously thought about putting a countdown timer in my signature about back to school. I am definately with you. The sad thing is, I am excited about 3 half days a week.::yes::

You did a great job getting back OP. Keep up the great work.
Beth

chrismiss56
08-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Sounds like you are a busy lady!!:D

But doing a great job of staying on task and dealing with the kids.

Hang in there...........Sending lots of sunshine your way:sunny: :sunny:

Have a Disney day!!::MickeyMo

Strings
08-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi Kristin,

I just wanted to wish you a great weekend. Take care of yourself.
Beth

toystoryduo
08-28-2004, 07:20 AM
Hi Kristin!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!:sunny:

KLH 1973
08-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Oh boy ladies where do I begin. I have been out of control all week and this weekend will be the same. Not sure exactly what happened all I know is now I cant seem to stop eatting. It's like I am trying to find everything there is that has carbs in it and eat it. My plan is to start again on Monday. I am still excersising so maybe that will help a bit. Thanks for all the posts durring the week. I felt so guilty I did not even log on. So I will try and hit journals later. Take care.

Kristin

toystoryduo
08-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Kristin,
:hug: Please don't feel guilty. I think we have all gone off program at different times in our weight loss journeys. I know I have. ::yes:: Monday starts a brand new week for you which means brand new choices. You can do it Kristin!!!!!:jumping1:

By the way... is TOM visting you soon? I know that around that time my body craves carbs like crazy.

Just remember Kristin... we are here for you.:grouphug: Take good care of you!

jodistar
08-28-2004, 11:52 AM
I agree with Tracy. Making healthy choices, working out, etc. is a huge commitment and it is only human nature to fall off every so often.

Giver youself a break to a good weekend and then regroup the start of the week, like Tracy suggested.

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Don't feel guilty about posting here Kristin. We've all been there. You have a lot going on with the kids starting back to school. You'll get yourself back on track. The first thing is recognizing that your eating is out of control and then knowing you want to do something about it! We're here for you! Just don't feel guilty coming here...you may gain some more inspiration. Take care and good luck Monday!

vald1977
08-28-2004, 08:51 PM
:wave2: Hi Kristin,
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your words of encouragement that you left in my journal.

Please never feel too guilty to post here. As the others have said, we've all been there. As a stay at home mom who also watches kids, I know just how stressful this time of year can be. Be kind to yourself and drink plenty of water and the damage done can be quickly undone next week :D.

Take care, Kristin :wave: .

Strings
08-29-2004, 01:32 PM
:hug: Ksitin,

We have all fallen off the wagon occasionally, Lord know I have. The important thing is to go back on program as soon as you are able. You have made the comittment to yourself to start on Monday. Good for you. I'm proud of you for not giving up. Take care of yourself, and I will check in on you tomorrow.

We're all here to support each other, not to judge. You can feel safe journalling slips as well as successes.
:hug:
Beth

KLH 1973
08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
SUNDAY

Getting ready for bed and just wanted to stop by and check everyones journals. Sorry again for being so neglectful but I just had a rough week. I am sure it has something to do with all the temptations my DH has been bringing home.

Well today I went to the Y and renewed my membership and plan on going swimming roughly 3times a week. Pretty sure I will not cheat on that since my two daughters will be comming with me. I will keep them in the shallow area near the life guard and I will swim laps and just check on them between laps. Also threaten them with never comming to the Y again if they step foot near the deeper area.

Did not make it to the store today (dumb, dumb, dumb) so tomorrow should be pretty interesting. I have the basics and should be ok but I like to have a variety. Hope everyone is doing good. Talk more Monday.

Kristin

chrismiss56
08-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Good for you on your commitment to swimming!!:flower1:

Just commited to the September exercise challenge. You will be an inspiration for us all.

Have a Disney Day!!::MickeyMo

Strings
08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Hi Kristin,

Sometimes you just can't get to the store. It's ok. ::yes:: I think it is great that you are going to the Y to workout. Ours has a GREAT child watch area. They will care for kids 6 weeks +. I have been very happy with my Y membership. Keep up your good work.
Have a good day,
Beth

KLH 1973
08-30-2004, 08:13 PM
It's a conspiracy....went to Y and had the kids all ready to do my swimming thing. What do I find....they Y is draining the pool for maintance. We leave the kids are in tears and I am about to loose it lol. Tomorrow has got to be better.

Kristin

KLH 1973
08-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Tuesday

Well things are looking a bit brighter. Got a ton of laundry done, cleaned upstairs. I only did this so I would stop thinking of food:tongue:

So far today on plan

Breakfast slim fast, soda, water, tea

Snack peanuts

Excersise going to Y tonight

Kristin

Princess Michelle
08-31-2004, 06:06 PM
You are doing really well Kristin, keep it up! :)

Strings
08-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Hi Kristin,

Hmm...they just drained our pool at the Y too. I wonder if this is a yearly thing? Great job today. Keep up the great job.
Beth

septbride2002
08-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Sounds like you are doing GREAT!

~Amanda

toystoryduo
09-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Keep up the good work Kristin! You can do it!:cheer2: Have a great day!

KLH 1973
09-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Wednesday

Ok ladies....I am going to continue to go to the Y almost everyday and try and stay somewhat normal with food. But with this weekend being big BBQ with friends and family on Sat,Sun,Mon there is no way in the world that I will stay OP with no carbs. I can just see the burger buns and brat buns. So on Tuesday you will see the new and improved Kristin come out and start again 100%. Will chat more later and thanks for the support, it means the world to me.

Kristin

Strings
09-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi Kristin,

Have a great weekend. Just keep the water going. Now, I'll tell you how I eat brats/hot dogs. I use the bun, and put all my fixings on it. I tear off the bun in bitesize pieces as I go. It is easy, and not-so-messy.

Have a good afternoon,
Beth

KLH 1973
09-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Day 31 Thursday

Well not sure if you noticed from my new countdown calander but we moved our disney cruise up a year and we are now going Sept 2005. So that means I have 1 yr to shed some serious weight. What do you guys think would be a realistic amount. I need to loose 125. I would be overjoyed to get down about 90 but people keep telling me I can make myself sick if I loose to much to fast. Have any of you guys had a prob doing that?

So I am still gonna restart the eatting portion of the diet on Tuesday due to the holiday weekend. Excersise is going well, the only thing that stinks is that in St. Louis the weather is so darn hot right now. Well Ill update later.. Take care.

Kristin

Strings
09-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Kristin,

Congrats on moving the cruise up. The sooner I get to the World, the better. As for weight loss in 1 year. Lisa Z is at 75 pounds in 9 months, and I'm at just about 55 in the same time period. I think you could safely lose up to 80-90 pounds. It all depends on sticking to your program, and regular exercise. If you want inspiration, I highly recommend reading Zeraspride's journal. I don't think she has cheated once since she has started.

Have a great day,
Beth

toystoryduo
09-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Congratulations on getting your cruise moved up! You must be pretty excited about that!::yes::

As for the weight loss, I second what Beth said. (Hi Beth!:wave: ) I think that reading Lisa's journal will help give you an idea of how she is doing it.

I think it's a great idea to restart the diet portion of your weight loss journey after the holiday. That will give you some leeway and will allow you to be ready to go on Tuesday.

Have a great day today!:sunny:

DisneyEnthusiastic
09-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Hope all goes well getting back on track tomorrow! Sending you lots of :wizard: You can do this! Congrats on moving the cruise up a year too. I think 90 lbs in a year is realistic! It's going to take lots of focus and determination! You will really need your husbands support. I'm pushing for you! You can do it!!

KLH 1973
09-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Day 1

Starting my counting over since I have been op for so long. I am in the right place mentally and the weather outside is cool. So tonight I am going to try and do 2miles since its not terribly hot.

Meals today are gonna be low carb with 20carbs or less for the day. Going to make some sugar free jello for those bad moments.

Need to hit the grocery store tonight after walk or tomorrow. But I have enough in the frig to hold us a few. The funny thing is over the weekend I actually wanted to start being OP on Saturday and was like whats the point with Sunday and Monday BBQ's to go to.

Was really proud of the fact that Greg and I did not take any left over bbq home. So we have no temptations in the house.

Take care everyone.

Kristin:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DoeWDW
09-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Kristin, ready, set, GO!!! You are all ready and set to be back on the healthy living road! I can hear the determination in your post! The next few days will have their difficult moments but do your best to make good choices!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Go, Kristin, go!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

toystoryduo
09-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Way to go Kristin!:Pinkbounc You are back!!:teeth: I know that you can accomplish any goal that you put your mind to.::yes:: Just go out there and do your best!!!!:jumping1:

Yeah Kristin!:cheer2: Woohoo!:Pinkbounc

Have a great day!

KLH 1973
09-07-2004, 02:32 PM
So far so good....will update more later.

Kristin

Strings
09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
WTG KRISTIN,

You are so ready. I know that you will be sucessful this week.::yes:: Have a GREAT walk. I'm really proud of the way that you have jumped back on program.

Beth

KLH 1973
09-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Day 2...Wednesday

Finished off yesterday totally OP. Nothing bad at all even though silly hubby fell OP on first day AGAIN.

So now its 8am having my slim fast and journalling. Kids have soccer tonight so I will be walking around the field while they play.

Goal is to stay under 20carbs and walk for about 40min and drink enough tea and water to make hurricain fran look like a baby pool.

LOL

Princess Michelle
09-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Way to go Kristin! Great to see you hoppin' right back on track! I know you're going to do great today just like you did yesterday! How about drinking enough water to drown Hurricane Ivan! ;)

septbride2002
09-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Kristin you crack me up! Now I know when ever I go to the bathroom today I am going to be thinking about Hurricaine Fran!

~Amanda

Strings
09-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi Kristin,

Great job today. You should be really proud of yourself, especially with a DH who keeps giving into temptation. So did you manage all of your water?

I wanted to thank you for your support on my journal. I am very lucky to have made such good friends here. The kind words have helped me get through the day. Thanks again.
Have a good evening,
Beth

jodistar
09-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi Kristin,

Just checking in - Have a great rest of your week.

July
09-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Kristin,
Ive been away from the journals for a couple of weeks. Wow some changes. You have move your trip up. More time to loose weight! That's good.
You joined the Y. That's good. We used to be members but the one by us doesn't have a pool. You have to drive all the way across town to use the Southside's it was a bother so we let it expire. I have excercise equipment at home. They are building a new facility out here but I heard that they are not putting in a pool because the southside had to use some of the alloted money. Bummer. So I refuse to join until they can't get it together!
I love to swim. It is so much fun it doesn't even feel like you are excercising but you are.
Keep up the great work!

July:Pinkbounc

toystoryduo
09-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Hi Kristin!

I hope you are having a wonderful week! Take good care of you!:hug:

KLH 1973
09-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Day 3

Not off to the best of starts today....as you guys put it TOM is comming and I am always a bit bad at that time. Still walking and working out so hopefully I will even out. Talk more soon. Thanks guys for your support.

Kristin

Princess Michelle
09-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey Kristin, I hope you are having a good day! :)

Strings
09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
:hug: Kristin,

TOM, or DZONE is a dangerous time. Do the best you can. That is all you can ask of yourself. Look at the positives you are doing. You are continuing to walk and exercise. That goes a long way towards keeping you on a healthy track. You can try to push your water to prevent bloating. I'm sending :wizard: to help you through this.
Beth

Auntmeme
09-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Stopping in to say HI, hope friday was a good day and wishing the weekend is even better. Stay positive, keep walking, drink lots of water:Pinkbounc

July
09-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi Kristin:wave2:

jodistar
09-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi Kristin,

Just stopping by to say "hello." Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful.

KLH 1973
09-13-2004, 09:52 AM
LOL day 1

Sorry missed posted this weekend. Had an insane weekend. Hubby and I finished doing our concrete patio...6hrs later and every mussle in our bodies yelling at us. Well the patio is not stunning but we saved a ton doing it ourselves. But I can say with a straight face I am no concrete finisher and my edging stinks.

So did not cook on sat since we worked outside all day so did comfort food for lunch and dinner.

Sunday we could not move without wincing so had some serious comfort food.

Monday I am feeling good have plans to go to the Y. Was OP for breakfast. Before I tell you about the last 2hrs let me remind you guys I am still OP.

Kissed my kids goodbye for school and saw the gallon of paint by the front door....planning on painting daughters room a nice shade of purple. So I asked my 9yr old daughter to please carry the paint upstairs. Not a huge request but I will give you one guess what happed at the top of the stairs.

Yes ladies your correct....she trips and spills the whole gallon of that lovely shade of purple all over the wall, carpet and clean laundry at the top of the steps.

YIKES YIKES.... so thank god for steam cleaners. It did not all come up but I can deal with what is still visible. And most of all I give myself 5 sunnies :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: for not yelling at my daughter. She knew I was upset but I told her it was OK that it was an accident ..that I was more upset about having to clean it.

Well I will update you guys later.

Kristin

Strings
09-13-2004, 10:19 AM
WOW Kristin,

You definately have control and are a great Mom. Not yelling at your daughter is a huge accomplishment in that area. My clippies aren't working, or you would see a worhip here,

Great job staying OP these las 2 hours, and that is some najor weightlifting over the weekend. I'm glad the patio looks great, My DH is VERY good at CALLING contractors to do our maintainance.:rolleyes:

I hope you day gets better,
Beth

septbride2002
09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Kirsten you get a gold star for not yelling at your daughter! My mother would have had a fit! LOL! :crazy:

I wanted to make sure you saw my response to your winery question. We did go to Mount Pleasant winery and had such a good time. I loved the different wines there and cannot wait to go back and do it all over again!

~Amanda

DisneyEnthusiastic
09-13-2004, 07:02 PM
You're doing great! Glad to see you got back on plan! Take Care!

Gail

Princess Michelle
09-18-2004, 06:51 PM
How are things going for you, Kristin? I definitely give you 5 sunnies for not losing your cool! Holy cow, purple paint everywhere, that would make me :faint:

I hope you are having a nice weekend. :)

KLH 1973
09-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Hey guys sorry I have been MIA....I really need to get my head back on straight. I have no desire to eat right, my excersise has been good. So for the time being I am going to read everyone elses posts and try to get back on track in time.

Keep up the good work guys

Strings
09-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Hi Kristin,

I am struggling right along with you. Just do your best each day. It is enough.

Have a good day,
Beth

jodistar
09-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi Kristin,

Just dropping in to wish you a wonderful weekend. I've been kind of MIA this week too!

I hope all is well with you.

Jodi

Princess Michelle
09-23-2004, 09:06 PM
You can do this, Kristin! We're all here to help you out! I hope that you find your inspiration once again and are able to get right back on track. At least you've maintained the exercise, that's always a good thing! :)

septbride2002
09-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi Kristin,
I think all of us have been struggling lately - I know you will get back on track soon!

~Amanda

jodistar
09-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Kristin,

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a great weekend!

Jodi :)

Strings
10-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Hi Kristin,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Beth