PDA

View Full Version : Just booked our trip...questions?

Yvette Q.O.D.
07-12-2001, 04:25 PM
We just booked our first trip to DL this October. We're so excited. Is there anything that we simply must have while there? You know a thing we must bring besides the obvious, from home.

We are at the Grand California for 5 days. We're thinking of upgrading to concierge. Any opinions about concierge are welcome especially if you have experienced it there.

We are 2 adults and 3 kids (DS 11, DD's 8 & 5). Can anyone compare the rooms of this hotel with any at WDW? We are hoping for rooms approx. as big as the Poly or Beachclub.

Thanks,
Yvette
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Michelle
07-12-2001, 06:36 PM
Hi Yvette, and welcome to the Disneyland board! :D

I have stayed at the GC concierge and really enjoyed it. The food alone was worth it for us; a good breakfast selection and a very nice evening wine/appetizer service that pretty much took the place of dinner some nights.

The rooms, however, are definitely on the SMALL side for a deluxe hotel. They are beautifully done, but comparable in size to the rooms at the Wilderness Lodge at WDW. In fact, to sleep five in a room, one of your kids will get a mat and sleeping bag for the floor. The rooms do not have daybeds at all, just two queen beds. Now my 7-year-old LOVED the sleeping bag on the floor, she thought it was an adventure, but some kids may not. :D

The staff there is wonderful, and you can't beat the convenience. Enjoy! :D

wdwluvr
07-13-2001, 12:53 AM
I haven't stayed at the GC but I've been looking at a lot of wonderful pictures of this resort. I just wanted to say that if you get a room with one queen bed and bunk beds, they have a trundle you can pull out under the bottom bunk. That way you could sleep five to room. Try this link to see a picture of the bunk beds. I hope it works. Have a great trip!

Bunk beds with trundle (http://www.laughingplace.com/lp/AttGuide/hotel-gchotel/0302.jpg)

Yvette Q.O.D.
07-13-2001, 10:31 AM
Thanks a bunch for the info and picture. DH and I are sure we will upgrade to concierge. It seems like keeping the kids' tummys' happy will be easier this way. Not to mention mine and DH too. We will also make sure to get a room with the bunk and trundle beds.

It's a drag that the rooms are comparable to WL. Last year DH and I stayed there for a couple of days and thought that if the kids had been with us it would have been a miserable place to be. Oh well we'll let ya'll know how it works out.

Still can't wait to go!
:bounce: :bounce: :p :bounce: :bounce:

Michelle
07-13-2001, 11:59 AM
Hey Melissa, thanks for the picture! :D I didn't know they had trundles available with the bunk beds, that's good to know. The bunk beds definitely are kid-sized though, so that will work best with families with three kids. :D