PDA

View Full Version : Please Recommend an alternative to a Disney Resort-

fairytinkerbell
07-31-2004, 10:50 PM
Can anyone recommend a specific hotel -offsite??

We basically want a nice hotel,
interior corridors
non-smoking room
king bed
CLOSE TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

We won't be in the room much, but we want it to be SAFE and CLEAN.
We will basically be at the parks 90% of the day!

ANY suggestions are appreciated.

I need to keep the budget in the $600-750 range.
9 days / 8 nites , October 9 arrival - October 17 leave

THANKS! :worship: :worship:

simonmunro
07-31-2004, 10:55 PM
You might want to look into the Sheraton Safari. We've stayed there and it was A-OK. I really love to be onsite though, do you not like the value or even a code rate for a moderate???

Jasminesmommy
07-31-2004, 11:18 PM
All Stars has a $49 deal right now. So why not stay on site with that price.

picantel
07-31-2004, 11:22 PM
you can try hotwire. during your time period there is a 3 1/2 star hotel which I am about 95% sure is the doubletree hotel near downtown disney. This is not the suites but the one that is less than a mile away and about 30 seconds from downtown disney. However, the aksing price is $72 now and if you wait until mid september it will probably go down 15-20 bucks a night to save you more money. total price as is now is $673 which includes all taxes and fees. I would wait it out. We stayed there and it is a nice hotel. We also used hotwire. Of course there is no magic like disney resorts and the pop century may be cheaper during that time period.

yecats
08-01-2004, 12:02 AM
I would tell you to review a site called biddingfortravel.com, sister site for Priceline bidding. I won bids using Priceline for last November in the $60 to $70 range for DTD Hilton and Wyndham hotels. You have to bid for Disney vicinity resort hotel level and usually Hilton and Wyndham at DTD p/up bids in offseason in the $60 to $70 range. All interior corridors in both of these hotels. You can use their bus service for the hotels or you can walk across the street and take Disney's buses to the parks. For 9 nights you may come in a bit over the $750 as you can win the bid around $65 or $70 but you need to add another $16 to $20 per night to cover your taxes and resort fees. Both hotels are very nice and very convenient to Disney property and DTD.

BambiTamby
08-01-2004, 12:11 AM
yecats said it all!

biddingfortravel.com is a wonderful place to learn how to bid successfully on priceline.

I remember we snagged the Orlando World Center Marriott for $60 a night!
what a deal! Nice resort, fabulous pools, and we could watch the DTD fireworks from our balcony!

DTD Hilton has been coming up alot lately on the priceline.

How about the Swan and Dolphin resorts?
They are DELUXE resorts at a great price!

Look into it!:wave:

swilphil
08-01-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by **********
How about the Swan and Dolphin resorts?
They are DELUXE resorts at a great price!

We love Swan/Dolphin. They also come up periodically on Priceline/Hotwire. You can look at the website mentioned as well as betterbidding.com.

We paid a little more than what you want to but found that by staying at the Swan or Dolphin we didn't need to rent a car because we were so close to everything, and we could also do the parks in fewer days because we didn't spend as much time traveling to and from the parks.