PDA

View Full Version : Looking for yellow ribbon sticker for Mom's car

crazyforgoofy
07-22-2004, 08:47 PM
My nephew, Chris is a Lance Corporal in the USMC. He's headed for scary assignment in an extra scary part of Iraq in a few weeks. My mother would like to have one of the yellow ribbon stickers we've seen on vehicles , the one that goes on a door or back of a van and has the servicemember's name on it. I have no idea where to look but I'd like to get one for her and one for each of Chris's parents. Does anyone know where I can order or purchase them?

Thanks.:wave2:

Dcat2u
07-22-2004, 10:17 PM
We have the magnetic yellow ribbons and the red,white & blue ones available in our area (Ft Hood). What we did was use a sharpie marker and right loved ones name and unit on it. If you are interested just PM me and I can help you out.

Otto's Doll
07-22-2004, 10:31 PM
We found them in the MWR office, as well as Family Support on our base.

crazyforgoofy
07-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Thank you! We live somewhat near Ft. Leonard Wood and my hubby is an old Marine (disabled from Vietnam) so we have base privileges. Perhaps I can find them there. If not I'll take you up on your kind offer Dcat2u!

Auggietina
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm also selling them for a fund raiser for our FSG

We have several different ones

Yellow ribbon:
Support our Troops
Pray for our Troops

Red/White/Blue
One Nation Under God
God Bless the USA

Black:
POW

If you are interested, you can pm me and I would be more than happy to assist you!

crazyforgoofy
07-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks Auggietina, I'm looking for plain yellow magnetic ones on which we can put Christopher's name and unit. Can you get those? I need blank ones in order to do that, I think.

JulianneP
07-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I got one today actually at AC Moore craft store. It was not blank but there was room to write in a name. It was $3.99. I am worried that somene around my area may steal it though. They have already stole my red white and blue Mickey head. So sad.