PDA

View Full Version : Teen activities at HH???

treloarf
07-17-2004, 11:46 PM
We'll be leaving for HH in 2 weeks (3 families). We have several boys who are in their teens. Are there any activities for teens there?

stacy6552
07-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Yes, they had teen only activities, but my kids are too young to be able to tell you about them. The DVC site has discriptions.

WebmasterDoc
07-18-2004, 07:54 AM
Besides kayaking, canoeing, fishing, golf, tennis, shelling, biking, swimming, horseback riding, crabbing and Dolphin tours there are also some activities specifically for them ("Teens Night Out"- pizza and a movie for ages 13-17). Many of the other activities are also enjoyed by that age group.

Enjoy!

Disneyaholic
07-18-2004, 09:09 AM
When we were there a few weeks ago, DS16 and his friend really enjoyed hanging out at the beach and the beach house. They brought skim boards (definitely attracts the teenaged girls :rolleyes: ). There is also a basketball goal and volleyball net set up at the beach house pool; always seemed to be other teens around for a pickup "game".

There are ping pong tables at both the resort and the beach house, and of course, the pool table at Big Murgie's Den is a teen magnet.

My son has met many other teens there over the years; some have been there more than once while we're there. Of course, email keeps them in touch for their own sort of trip planning. ;)

BTW, I was surprised that DS wanted to do the Teen Night Out while we were there -- not just once, but twice! (Another way of meeting other teens -- especially the girls!) They saw Dodgeball the first time and Spiderman 2 the second time. The CMs who accompany them are young (usually college interns) and relate to the kids well.

I don't think you will have to worry about them being bored, as long as they're willing to take a little initiative in finding other kids their age!

RumpleMom
07-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Yep, DD met her boyfriend at HHI. It turns out he lives 6 miles from our home, but they both had to go to HHI to meet because they go to different schools.