PDA

View Full Version : Just booked SSR! Now what should I request?

ErinC
07-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I just booked a 2 bedroom lockoff for Feb 6-13, this morning. I requested non-smoking. Does anybody know what buildings will be open by Feb. It is kind of hard to know what to request when I'm not sure what buildings will be available. Where are the bus stops? Somebody had a great map a few weeks ago, but I don't remember who. What should I request? It will be me, DH, DD8, DD5, DD1, and my parents, if that makes any difference.

dianeschlicht
07-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I thought there was only one bus stop. ??? I think you probably stated the preference that was most important for you. Making your requests when you make the ressie is the best thing to do anyway.

disneycrazed139
07-16-2004, 05:06 PM
As of right now, I believe there are 2 bus stops. The first is right outside the Congress Park buildings--very convenient. It was literally a 30 second walk to the bus stop from our room. The second bus stop is right beside the main pool area, which looks to also be where the next group of buildings will be open.

Sorry, I don't know what buildings will be open by February. If you are interested in a view of DTD, the Congress Park buildings are where you'll find it.

Doug7856
07-17-2004, 10:41 AM
I understand that your choices will be Congress Park with a view of Downtown Disney and The Springs which is right next to the pool and Carriage House. The Springs were scheduled to open in January and February but there have been reports that they will be open in November. We saw The Springs and I think we will request them for the future. In December we requested Congress Park with a view of Downtown Disney.

ErinC
07-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Doug and others, thanks for the info about the Springs opening. Just out of curiosity, Why would the springs be your 1st choice?

Disneycrazed, thanks for the info about the bus stops. I would really like to be close by to a bus stop. It sounds like either way, we wouldn't be too far from one.

Doug7856
07-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ErinC
Doug and others, thanks for the info about the Springs opening. Just out of curiosity, Why would the springs be your 1st choice? . . .

Our choice of The Springs is primarily becasue we have a 2 year old and those buildings are closest to the main pool and activities. Congress Park does not look too far and we would not be disapointed to be there, especially if you get a great view of Downtown Disney!

::MickeyMo

ErinC
07-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Doug, thanks for your opinion on the buildings. I've got little ones too, so near the action is important. We did see the congress park buildings in May when we saw the models just after they opened. I was just trying to get a grasp on the area and figure out what else will be open. Thanks! BTW, what a great picture of you and your little boy!