PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist Question


5champs
07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
WE WILL BE IN WDW AT THE VWL ON DEC 5-10.NEVER WENT IN DEC BEFORE.WE OWN AT VWL AND JUST GOT BACK FROM SSR-VWL IN JUNE.I BOOKED 3 STUDIOS AT THE VWL FOR THE DEC TRIP(GOING WITH FAMILY) AND WANT TO SWITCH TO THE BWV OR BCV.THOSE RESORTS ARE AWESOME.VWL IS BEAUTIFUL BUT RATHER BE AT ONE OF THE OTHER TWO.I WAITLISTED FOR BOTH OF THEM ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO AND NOTHING YET.I KNOW IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT PERHAPS EVEN IMPOSSIBLE.HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION WERE THE WAITLIST CAME THROUGH?

Happy Birthday Cat
07-15-2004, 09:19 PM
The hard part is the 3 separate studios. If you were looking for one I'd say that you would have a pretty good chance but all three at one time will be difficult. But you never know so good luck.

Remember that the VWL at Christmas time is outstanding. So even if you were there in June, a December trip is different.

HBC

CarolMN
07-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Won't help for this year (your chances are virtually nil for all three studios to come through), but if you go again next year in early December:

*Try to switch right at the 7 month window. You'll probably still have to use the waitlist for at least some of the days, as BWV owners book up the early December weeks at 11 months (I know because I'm one of them and I have to do day by day to get standard or BW view). However, you'll have a better shot at getting something the earlier you get on the waitlist. Chances are pretty good - but 3 rooms will still be tough.

*Believe it or not, VWL is also very popular during this time. Bet you wouldn't have a hard time at all finding a BWV owner willing to trade reservations/points with you. That way, you would both be able to get what you want.


Good luck - hope something comes through, but if not, as HBC said, VWL is wonderful at Christmas and you'll still have a wonderful time!

lurontravel
07-16-2004, 08:39 AM
If you have enough points, consider making your reservations one at a time for BWV (keeping all of your old ones until you have all three of your new ones), and then I'm pretty sure you'll get all three. Be sure that you link them as soon as you get more then one.

Good Luck!
Laura

PS Be sure to cancel VWL as soon as you get all three, or the one or two you did get but aren't going to use at BWV by the30+ day mark so your points don't go into holding and some one else will get their much coveted ressies too!

bcvprincesses
07-16-2004, 10:35 AM
We are on the waitlist for VWL for Dec 4 to 11 for a 2 bedroom. I called at the 7 month window and no luck. I think the VWL are very busy in Dec. We have a 2 bedroom at BCV. I hope everyone's waitlist comes through.:Pinkbounc

MrsM
07-16-2004, 10:45 AM
We are also on the wait list for 11/27 -12/4. We currently have a 2BR & studio reserved at VWL and want to stay at BCV. I called right at the 7 month window and nothing was available at either BWV or BCV (which I kind of expected). I figured having 2 rooms would make it a little more difficult to switch.

goofy4tink
07-16-2004, 01:05 PM
I was going the other way....booked BWV for 11/25 to 12/1 but decided I really wanted to try VWL. So called MS but they could only give me my last two days at VWL. Then they got the day before those. So, after thinking about it, I called them and said to leave it that way...3 days at BWV and 3 at VWL. However, they already had given me all but my arrival day at VWL!! 3 weeks later, I got the confirmation that Thanksgiving day would be at VWL also!! Did all that in May. So it does happen. Keep trying and good luck.

ALBA
07-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Good news is:
We were originally arriving in Miami on the oct 8th, but earlier this week I found our ideal flight into orlando, the only problem is it's two days earlier, arriving oct 6th, so now I need to find a home for 6th/7th.

Bad News:
I called MS to request a studio in either BWV or BCV but they are fully booked for all views :(
So we've booked OKW for the two nights and joined the waitlist for the other two.

This is the first time I've waitlisted. I know there is a lot going on in oct with the food & wine festival and MNSSHP etc....realistically what are my chances?

Wish me luck

Alba :Pinkbounc

CarolMN
07-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Your best chance will come 30-31 days out. That's when members have to cancel or risk having their points end up in the holding account.

Since you have a back up plan, be sure to call MS at 30 days out and tell them you want to stay on the waitlist (if nothing comes through before then). Then call 7 days out - you might hvae luck calling daily after the 7 day mark. Sometimes MS can find something at the last minute.

Good luck - hope you end up where you want to be!

Dean
07-16-2004, 06:08 PM
I think you can assume that for 3 units at the same resort for that time that you chances are near zero. Still, it never hurts to try. If you're willing to take one day at a tiem or even a unit at a time, you may have better luck. I'd just keep checking as you have nothing to lose. Remember the wait list gets wiped out at 30 days out and you must call back to reinstitute it and at 7 days out there is no more wait list so you may want to call or email day by day. Good luck.