PDA

View Full Version : Disney Financing....

TXMommy
07-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Does anyone ever get turned down? We have started the whole process and don't anticipate any problems (our credit is good), but I always get nervous when we're applying for new financing. What if they turn us down?!?

jlensmart
07-15-2004, 02:31 AM
We Disney financed when we took out our membership. We live in the UK and had no problems.
You'll be fine.:cool:

JimC
07-15-2004, 06:07 AM
My guess is that they are pretty easy on credit. They hold the mortgage and control your access to the points. What is their risk, other than the cost of foreclosure to regain title to the points and resell them? And they are more then compensated for that with the interest rates charged.

Poohs Pal
07-15-2004, 09:23 AM
I think if someones credit is questionable they ask for a larger down payment. I wouldn't worry. Susan

Dreamfinder2
07-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Fret not thyself. You'll be fine.

I can only think one time when someone was refused outright. Other times, they'll ask for a larger down payment.

You sound like us. Even though our credit is fine, I paid 25% down just so there wouldn't be any questions raised.

TXMommy
07-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Thank you for easing my worries! I'm sure all will be fine. Just those pre-purchase jitters getting the best of me!

We can't wait to be Official DVC Owners!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

mpaugh
07-15-2004, 10:58 AM
I agree, don't fret. We signed our contract the end of April and just got the letter that our deed was recorded......it seemed like a long time, but I understand that closings were behind. Hang in there!
:wave:

st92jmdc
07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Don't worry about the Disney Financing. I have great credit, but because of a VERY recent home re-fi {for the purpose of buying DVC} When we applied for the financinf, we were "looked at" (took an extra 2 weeks) by the financing people. We were approved {they even applogized for taking so long} and we are now in the system and have already booked our first resie.

TXMommy
07-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Talked to my guide today and everything looks good!! I've got my Member Number and can start booking!! Hooray!!

Thanx to all for the reassurance!