PDA

View Full Version : ?? about swedish massage prices & services

Simba's Mom
07-14-2004, 09:37 PM
I was checking the prices for swedish massages at Sarratoga springs and then what appeared to be at WDW Fitness Centers. From what I could tell, swedish massages are offered at the Fitness centers for $55 for a 25 minute massage, and $80 for a 55 minute massage. Yet at Sarratoga Springs, a massage about 50 minutes long costs $110. Why the difference in price for the same length of time? Has anyone had a massage at one of the fitness centers (and which one?) Also, has anyone had a 25 minute massage? I've never had one of any length before, so I wasn't too sure about spending the money for a 50 minute one the first time.

MinnieFan4ever
07-15-2004, 04:24 PM
I would go for the 55 minute and you will be in heaven. In my opinion, the 25 minute will be way to short. They will be just getting started and it will be over. I'm not sure why it is more expensive at SSR. I think it may have to do with that it is run by an outside company.

:D

ErinC
07-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I think SSR's spa prices are a little ridiculous. There prices make DCL's look like a bargain! Simba's mom, It does seem odd that the massage prices are so out of line with other prices available on property.

dallastxcpa
07-15-2004, 05:26 PM
The difference in price is due to atmosphere. Last year when we stayed at the Boardwalk you could get massages at their fitness center which was a very bland room.

When you have a massage at a Spa your are able to use there ameneties which usually includes a lounge area for relaxing, changing room/showers, steam rooms, and other amenities.

To me it would be worth the extra money. I am very particular about my spa experiences and want total relaxation. One time I went to a Red Door Salon and as much as I loved the massage the experience was tainted by the fact that you had to walk through the lobby to get to the other service areas.

I believe someone posted pics awhile back you may try doing a search.

spiceycat
07-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I think the same agency will do all the massages on WDW property - so expect a price increase.