PDA

View Full Version : kelscross' journey (comments welcome)

kelscross
07-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Well here I go again. Another weight loss attempt. This time I hope to find something that I can stick to. My problem sticking to diets is I am usually hungry and miserable so I quit.

Let me tell you about myself...

I am 32 years old, struggled with weight since puberty.

5'4" 210 pounds.

I am a nursing student which makes it very difficult to get any meals in much less healthy ones. Fast food was my mainstay last quarter and it shows. After my second child I ballooned to 250 pounds. I lost 30 after the divorce, didn't try just fell off. I went on WW for three months and lost another 20 pounds. I quit WW because I couldn't afford the fee anymore and I was starving every day and just plain miserable. So that brings me to today...again the fast food on the way to school put on 10 pounds this quarter.

I am also a single mother of two little girls 2 and 3 years old. I used to work full time and go to school, but God has blessed me and things have fallen into place where I can afford to work part time, go to school, and raise my girls. Not to say money isn't tight from time to time, but I budget well. We were even able to plan another WDW vacation this year thanks to Uncle Sam.

My ultimate goal is to weigh 130 pounds. I would be satisfied at 145 or 150. My short term goal is to be under 200 pounds. I have joined the Labor Day challenge to try to lose those 10 pounds before our trip.

I have started the meal plan on slimfast.com. It's not drinking shakes all day like before. They plan your meals with some shakes, meal bars etc, and then real food. So far so good, except I was starving yesterday evening so I had to break down and get a snack.

The reason I am overweight is I am LAZY...I hate exercise in any form so it will be a real struggle to make myself move my body every day or 3 days a week for that matter.

I love food, fast food. I don't eat when I'm sad or bored or anything I just like food.

My schedule is really screwy which makes it difficult to eat real healthy sometimes. Thanks to the fast food restaurants who are trying to add healthier items to their menus.

I hate vegetables so that makes it difficult as well. I like most raw but it gets old after a few days. I despise them cooked. Yes, I've tried them but I literally gag on them if they are cooked.

I better go check on the kiddies. I've already done my workout for the day while they were at preschool. I'm trying to drink lots of water also.

Forever42
07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
You sound like me - I have such a hard time getting healthy meals in when I'm at school all day and sometimes at night. I try to cook on the weekends but I get tired of leftovers by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Don't forget that snacking isn't evil!

One thing that I know I should do regarding exercise is to find something to do that's active, but doesn't seem like exercise. And once you get started with any kind of exercise, you'll get to like it - or, at least, not hate it.

Good luck!

Princess Michelle
07-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi kelscross! We have really similar weightloss goals. I too am looking forward to being under 200 for a start and then I'm looking to the 120-150 range for long term.

It sounds like you're on the right track. Keeping the journal here really does help. Good luck to you! :)

kelscross
07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I didn't do so well on the water today. I only got in 32 oz. It's not that I don't like water it just that I don't drink much of anything even before I started this. I usually only drink during meal times.

I'm glad I did my power yoga today. I woke up with my back killing me (first sign that I'm starting to tip the scales too much) and it feels much better after I did the yoga. Still a bit sore but at least I can move. I'm going to try to get the gumption up to get up 1/2 hour early in the morning before class and do the power yoga. In addition to that we went swimming at my aunts this evening for two hours.

I did okay on the food intake. Although I did not follow the "plan" exactly this evening for dinner. I had left over KFC in the fridge that needed to be eaten so that's what we had. I only ate half of what I usually eat though. I did stick to my guns this evening, my aunt went for Mcdonalds for the kids and I turned it down, but boy those fries looked awful good. I have to admit I did eat three french fries.

I'm going to put my measurements down. Sometimes it's not all about losing the pounds but losing the inches as well.

Bust: 44
Waist: 41 1/2
Hips: 49 1/2
Arms: 14
Thigh: 25

Now I can compare each week to see how I'm doing. So that's it for today. I'm going to go study pharmacology.

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Good Luck with your journey Kelscross! Your goals sound a lot like mine!

I'm getting my journal together today.

Again...good luck with the journal...it looks like there is so much support on the WISH boards!

Gail

DoeWDW
07-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Kelscross, welcome to the WISH Journal board!

You're doing great, in spite of your busy life! How do you do it with two little ones??? How many months are between your girls? I had my 2 kids 18 months apart. It was tough until the youngest turned 3 and then things got a lot easier.

If you get hungry and need a snack, try to make it something with some protein in it. Peanuts make a great snack, or string cheese. A snack of all carbs can sometimes make you MORE hungry half an hour after you eat it.

Best wishes on your healthy living journey!!

Princess Michelle
07-14-2004, 06:21 PM
It sounds to me like you did really well! 32oz. is a great start in the water dept. if you aren't used to drinking anything outside of meals. Just try to drink a little more each day. I find that if I always have it in front of me it's easier to drink it.

Good job getting that exercise in and thinking of ways to incorporate it into your schedule!

I think you showed amazing strength only eating 3 french fries, gosh, I don't know if I could have done that! Good job!

kelscross
07-14-2004, 07:42 PM
The day is almost over and I think I did pretty well. I think I hit the water mark. I stopped counting actually. Since I do not drink anything between meals hardly (I've really tried, it almost makes me sick to do it) I found an easier way for me to get in the water. Before each meal I drink an 8 oz glass of water and then after the meal I drink another 8 oz glass of water. That seemed to work for me today. Except I can't stay out of the bathroom now! HA!

The diet went a little better today. I wasn't as hungry as yesterday. I just had my evening snack. My dinner was huge but on the "plan" it was a hamburger pattie on a wheat bun a HUGE salad of spinach and red cabbage with fat free dressing, and mandarin oranges topped with fat free cool whip and milk for dessert. I was stuffed and I didn't even eat the whole salad. I mean it called for a huge one 2 cups of spinach and 1/8 of a head of cabbage! :earseek:

I did the power yoga again today but I didn't get up early to do it. I have the hardest time getting up anyhow (extremely low blood sugar) some mornings that it just wasn't happening this morning. I did it after class before I had to go get the girls from school. I'm going to try tae bo tomorrow if my back is better.

DoeWDW: My girls are 13 months apart. I think it is much harder now than when they were babies. The older one was so easy to take care of so it wasn't hard to take care of them both. But now they are both toddlers they fight CONSTANTLY and at any given time one of them is throwing a fit of some sort. That drives me nuts!

Speaking of which...I think I hear them fighting again. Gotta go break them up and get them ready for bed! Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Tasha+Scott
07-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi! First of all, thanks for the encouragement in my journal. Anyway, I used to be a nursing student too. I only did it for one semester because I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I can completely relate about eating a lot of fast food b/c of it though. I had classes all day, then clinicals, and even a night class once a week. I lived on fast food. I am addicted to it as a result. I am trying really hard to break that addiction. It sounds like you have done really well considering all of your responsibilities. Your girls will be really proud of you...especially when they are old enough to know that mommy used to weigh more but lost it by making better decisions. Just think! You are a positive role model! ;)
Good luck! I will be here for support if you need me.

kelscross
07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks Tasha for the well wishes!!

Today I got to do the Tae Bo as my back was feeling much better. I had to stop sometimes and I couldn't kick my legs very high but I did it anyhow.

I broke down and had McDonalds for lunch today but that didn't put me off track. I knew I wouldn't get in the last two snacks and dinner because I had to work and we hardly get a break in much less a meal. So I think I'm okay on the calories today. I might have went over a bit in fat grams but I've been doing so well this week I don't think it will kill me.

I also worked my butt of today at work. I am an STNA and we didn't sit down the entire shift, I feel like I walked a mile up and down those hallways. Plus lifting and turning and changing and showering (I could go on and on ha!) people really make me sweat like crazy.

I'm kinda down today. My ex husband is getting on my nerves. I try to stay civil and friendly for the kids' sake. Sometimes I wish he would just disappear out of our lives completely and stay gone. I hate this show up for a week and then disappear for four month routine he plays. I'm the one left answering all the questions when the girls want to know where their Daddy is. In three weeks it will be Mariah's (the older of the two babies) birthday. I called him to make sure that he didn't plan anything for that weekend. He is self employed so you have to tell him advance or he wil work instead. He says "I can't commit to that". You can't commit to that??? It's your daughter's birthday you big jerk!!!!!!!!

It also bothers me that when we got divorced that he said he made 25,000 a year so they figured the child support at the bare minimum. He admitted to me yesterday that he pays himself 6,000 per month in salary from his business. 6,000 per month!!!!!!! He should be paying like 1200 per month for childsupport with that income. However, he gets away with the measley 400.00 per month. So I ask him if he could send 60.00 to the girls so I can take them to see Dora the Explorer Live. He says no. I might have to give CSEA a call then.

Well that's it for now. I have to clean the girls' room tonight. It's much easier when they are gone (they are with my grandma) and I need to study for a quiz tomorrow. Nite all.

Princess Michelle
07-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Hey! Good job doing that Tae Bo! I used to have some of those tapes and they are a workout and a half! A lot of fun though. I will be glad when my back is better so I can get back to my normal routine. The videos I have, have some of the kick boxing moves in them that I just can't do right now because it bothers my lower back.

I wouldn't feel too bad about the McDonald's. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do and fast food is not evil. We just have to keep it in moderation and watch the portions of what we order. That stinks that you couldn't get anything while you were at work though they should make an effort to give you guys some kind of break while you're there!

I'm sorry about the problems with the ex. That frustration would have sent me right over the edge since I tend to comfort myself with things that taste good (working really hard on that). You handled it great though. I hope things get better for you in this situation. :hug:

Have a great day! :sunny:

kelscross
07-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Today was a good day, not a good dieting day, but a good day in general. I got switched to day shift at my work until I leave to go work in the scholarship program at the hospital. I went to class and scored a 100% on a pharmacology quiz! It was the cardiac function and drugs and that is not easy to keep straight so I'm pretty proud of myself.

My grandmother, cousin and her kids, and my girls went out to eat...uh..oh...here's the kicker....they chose the Golden Corrall!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a buffett!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't choose all healthy things but I DID choose in moderation. I had small servings of what I usually get and I chose only one dessert instead of three like usual. So I guess I didn't completely blow it.

I didn't get any exercise today except mall walking this evening so I guess it's okay.

I posted my weekly weigh in on the Labor Day challenge board....2.5 pounds lost this week!!! whohooo! only 7.5 pounds to go and I'm in Onederland!!!!!!

I bought myself a pair of sketchers flip flops that were on sale at Sears to celebrate my success so far! I wanted a pair of pajamas but I'm not buying any more clothes for myself.

Well...that's it...I'm off to bed! Wish me luck for the weekend, this is my weak time of the week!

Tasha+Scott
07-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Wow! I am sooo proud of you! I can't wait to be that close to Onederland! I think you are doing really well w/everything. You have a busy life so if you break your diet once in a while don't get discouraged. Just remember tomorrow is a fresh start. I don't know how you managed Golden Corral! We don't have a Golden Corral here anymore. It closed down. But I went to Florida (my family lives there) several times in the last 2 months and ate Golden Corral several times. Buffet's are now an enemy for me. I am glad to hear you were able to eat in moderation.
BTW, I read your post about your ex. UGH! He sounds like my dad. Except when my mom used to ask him for money he would say, sure, I'll get it to you next week. Then, something would, of course happen. He would feel just terrible. (NOT! :mad: ) He just couldn't come up w/it. Funny how he always managed to come up w/money for new things for himself. :rolleyes: But anyway, I am now grown and married. One of my brothers is turning 21 in 2 weeks. I have a 14 yr. old brother who is deaf and goes to speech, etc. My dad doesn't pay for him. I also have 2 half-sisters that are about to turn 9 and 7 from my dad's 2nd marriage. He doesn't pay child support for them either. He is on his 3rd wife and thankfully she is smart enough to not have any more kids. She already has a 19 yr. old from a previous marriage. Sorry I am rambling. I just feel for you and your girls. I am glad they have you to care enough about their well-being since their father is obviously no better than my own. Anyway, I hope you continue to do well! I give you 5 sunnies! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

kelscross
07-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey Tasha thanks for the sunnies :earsboy: makes me feel good after the guilts I had last night eating at the buffet.

I forgot to put my weekly measurements down yesterday. I was so excited about losing the 2.5 pounds that I didn't check. Here goes:

B: 44
W: 41 1/2
H: 48 (1.5 loss!) :sunny:
T: 24.5 (.5 loss!) :sunny:
A: 14

Total inches lost this week: 2.0! :sunny:

Princess Michelle
07-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Good job on losing 2.5 pounds and 2 inches! I'm so happy for you! I give you 5 golden sunnies too!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

toystoryduo
07-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Hello and welcome to WISH journaling!:wave:

I read through your journal and it seems that we are on similar journies... I am 28 years old with two girls (almost 2 and 3 years old), I am 5'5" and currently weight 208, and we are both from Ohio! It's a small world after all....;)

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is wonderful!!:Pinkbounc Keep up the good work and you WILL meet your goals!::yes::

I am sending you a PM.....

Have a great Sunday!:sunny:
Tracy:wave2:

Mr.BsMom
07-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Keep it up - you're doing great!
:D

kelscross
07-18-2004, 10:25 PM
I knew weekends were going to be tough with me but I have been like Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde.

This week I did so well, followed my plan to the T (for the most part) drank as much water as I could. Exercised every day.

Then....Friday rolls around and I'm an eating machine. I have binge eaten all weekend, didn't exercise a bit and I don't think I drank one glass of water all weekend. I know it's no excuse but my family likes to eat out all weekend and that is my weak point. Friday it's Golden Corrall, at least I tried in moderation, still a Nono. Then it was McDonald's on Saturday (and not a salad mind you) then tonight it was Olive Garden. When I go to restaurants I don't want to order on the light side of the menu!!

I'm so ashamed of what I ate this weekend, I can't even list it all. I'm sure I gained back the 2.5 pounds I lost this week.

So go ahead give me a ZERO sunny day for the ENTIRE weekend.

Tasha+Scott
07-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Sorry...I couldn't give anyone zero sunnies. How terrible would that be to your support system?! Besides, I truly think you don't deserve 0 sunnies. I would give you at least 4. I know, you probably think that is crazy but I have good reasons for it. See, my reasoning is this...you are new to the dieting and you will have setbacks from time to time. We all will. Especially on the weekend and especially when you have 2 little kids and especially when you have family that likes to eat out. Trust me. I can totally relate. The hardest part for me is going out to eat...especially with family at a buffet. And Olive Garden is another weakness b/c I love Italian food. (Must be the Italian in me. :rolleyes: ) The closest Olive Garden to us is in Memphis, TN. (about 2 1/2 hrs. away). So we don't eat there often. But they are building one 15 min. from our house...so temptation city here I come! So anyway, you are getting 4 golden sunnies from me, like it or not! ;) Remember, tomorrow's a fresh start. Good luck! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

toystoryduo
07-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi there!
Weekends can be tough on our diets can't they? I know that although Saturday was an OP day for me, Sunday was a disaster. I had a major, major binge.:( However...

Today is a brand new day!:sunny: We'll just pull ourselves up and get back on the wagon.::yes::

I hope today is a :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: day for you! Have a good one!

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Weekends are the worst...especially at the beginning of a diet...and going out to eat is absolutely the enemy. Why does all the bad food taste so good? As I told Michelle, since it looks like she had a bad weekend too, that just putting it in this journal really helps. It doesn't mean that your "diet" is over or ruined. You are doing so great...and to be selfish...if it wasn't for you, Michelle, Tasha and others on these boards...I don't know if I could have continued. Just knowing that there is such a great support group here makes me want to get my act together and start a new day. You need to put the weekend behind you, and continue on with the great job you are doing.

I hope you have a good Monday! Keep that positive outlook! And if you fall along the way...just post it...we're all here for you!

Gail

kelscross
07-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys for the pick me up! I was feeling mighty low on Sunday night.

Now on to today. I did okay on the eating. I still need to work on the water intake, though.

I was still down this morning and tried to talk myself out of exercising...then I went to class.

I did terrible on a quiz that I should have aced. I was so sick to my stomach about my poor performance that I didn't even want to eat. I had to get rid of my frustrations with myself both with the crappy weekend I had and the poor performance in class today. So I jumped on the treadmill and did some serious speed walking for 30 mins. I didn't check the mileage. I studied for my class while I was walking. Picture that! Ha! It wasn't an easy task, but when I got done I felt so relaxed and no longer frustrated. I don't know if it was the exercising or the studying...maybe both. Maybe I've started a new trend here, study while exercising. Instead of listening to music while on the treadmill I can listen to my pharmacology notes being read to me!

Okay I'm a little burned out, my mind is mush.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be okay.

Princess Michelle
07-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Holy moly! Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant ever! I definitely would have pigged out there like I always do! In the face of all that temptation I can't say that I would have survived either.

Is there any way to get out of the eating out so much tradition or perhaps they might be willing to go places where it's a bit easier to make good choices? Do you guys have any Sweet Tomatoes restaurants near you? Lots of good, healthy choices there. Also maybe somewhere like Panera bread where you can get half a sandwich/salad combo or some other healthier options? Eating out 3 times in one weekend is enough to kill the most dedicated person. :faint:

I'm sorry you didn't do well on your test but it sounds like you kicked some treadmill butt! Sounds like studying and walking at the same time is a great plan! LOL

I hope things go better for you this week and hopefully all of us that had rough weekends will begin taking control of them and really get into that groove of losing this weight.

We're all going to slip up from time to time but we don't have to set ourselves up for failure. Let's learn from our mistakes and go forward. We really can do this! ::yes::

CruisingCA2005
07-20-2004, 12:45 AM
I know where you're coming from. Weekends are the hardest for me because we eat out a lot on the weekends. Olive Garden is especially hard because although I love their salad, I also love their breadsticks.

Here's to a great rest of the week!!:sunny:

Tasha+Scott
07-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Ooh, Rae Ann! I had forgotten about the breadsticks! I love those too! :love: Now I am REALLY glad that the closest Olive Garden to us is in another state...for now. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Kels, sorry about your test. Since I was once a nursing student, I know how you felt. Nursing is by far not an easy major. I was a straight A student until I took on Nursing. I was happy to maintain a B and that was hard! I will never forget how I felt on the first big test I failed. I wanted to cry. I didn't but a few of my friends cried when they failed a test too. You are lucky that it was just a quiz. And I think it is a good idea to study while exercising. That way you will have more time to do other things. It sounds like you relieved your stress in a positive way...instead of eating (which I have definitely been known to do) you exercised. Good for you! You can claim your 5 sunnies today! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-20-2004, 11:20 AM
I tried to talk myself into a shortened workout yesterday...and I did...but when I pushed the button to start my dvd of WATP...I subconsciously hit the 3 mile...and did it!! I felt so much better afterward. Maybe you've found a trick to get yourself motivated to exercise by studying at the same time. Way to go!!! I hope your not bummed anymore...you're doing great!!

Gail

kelscross
07-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Today was a good day. I walked on the treadmill for 30 mins. and I stayed on plan for eating. Got a little more water in today around 32 oz.

I forgot to mention that I have also been going on a bike ride in the evening when I get off work. Since the girls are too little (they can ride bikes just not very fast) my grandmother and I take turns. She goes around the neighborhood and then I go. Boy my butt hurts from the seat!! So I got an extra workout for my legs today trying to keep my butt off the seat! :p

I feel good, I feel strong. I hope I can keep the motivation up!

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-20-2004, 11:29 PM
:rolleyes: Ah...those dreaded bike seats! Unbelievable at how bad your butt hurts...Good idea trying to avoid the seat...takes good coordination and will power because I would want to be lazy and sit down. My cousin has one of those spinning bikes...and it has that hard uncomfortable seat. I guess that's why they make the bike shorts with the padding. Getting those 30 minutes in early is great. Even better staying OP with eating. The water will come with time. I usually down a 16 oz cup first thing when I get up, then I know I only need to drink 3 more of those to get my 64 in.

Have a wonderful day :jester:

Tasha+Scott
07-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Sounds like you are doing really well w/the exercise. Way to go! I love the treadmill. Before I gained all of this weight, I used to do A LOT of aerobics. I still like that too, but have really started to get addicted to my treadmill this time around. I think walking is definitely one of the best forms of exercise.
As far as the water, it will come w/time. Keep it up...sounds like you are getting more in each day. I started drinking nothing but water several years ago. The only time I drink soda is when we go out to eat and they don't have bottled water or lemonade. I really despise sodas now. They seem way too sweet to me and after I finish one I am literally thirsty, which defeats the purpose. :p We have nothing but water in our house. I probably drink 100+ oz. a day. So, trust me, after drinking water for a while, you should have no problem getting all of it in. Keep up the good work.

Princess Michelle
07-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Woo Hoo! Way to go Kels! Right back on track, that's the way to do it! Sounds like you are kicking butt with the exercise and working your way up on the water. Keep up the good work! :) If you check at Wal-Mart or somewhere like that in the sporting goods dept. you may be able to find an inexpensive bike seat that is bigger and more comfy. You would think they would make something you're supposed to sit on comfortable! Of course, maybe if I had a little butt they would be.... :eek: LOL

kelscross
07-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys! We need to get together and design a bike seat that doesn't kill your behind. Who says big girls don't like to ride bikes!! Ha!

Speaking of which, my older DD is about to turn 4. Well I bought her a bike this spring because she needed a bigger one. She wrecked on it once and wouldn't get back on unless she had a helmet and pads. My grandma bought her the helmet and pads (disney princess of course) yesterday as an early birthday present. She got on that bike and rode like the wind!! Of course I had to ride with her around the block. Not once, not twice, but FIVE times :earseek: The last go around she was saying "Mommy my legs hurt!" Ha! I thought I was gonna die when I first got on it due to my sore bum from riding it all week. But you have to grin and bear it when it comes to your kids. Now my younger DD just started riding a bike (she's 2) she got a helmet and pads as well from my grandma. She tried to ride with us but when she got a few houses down she decided it was too far and turned back around with my grandma.

I did okay with eating except we had pizza tonight. I guess it is a balanced meal if you don't eat a million pieces. I only had two and the top crust of one of my girls' That is a milestone for me because I usually can polish off four pieces easily.

I lost track of the water intake today. But I think I did okay. We drank like fish after our bike ride.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!

Tasha+Scott
07-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Sounds like you are still doing pretty good. I think eating only 2 pieces of pizza is real progress. It also sounds like you are really enjoying your time w/your girls. They will remember that years down the road.

Princess Michelle
07-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Kels, you did great! Only two pieces of pizza shows some amazing will power. Everything in moderation, which is exactly what you did.

Riding that bike is gonna shape you up in no time! I think that playing with children is the best exercise ever! It's rewarding on so many different levels. ::yes::

Good job! :)

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Way to go on 2 pieces of pizza!! I love pizza...it's really my downfall. 5 times around...not only will your butt be sore...but your legs too! Keep it up!!!

Gail

kelscross
07-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Not much to report today. Same ole same ole. I did really well on eating I think. I didn't snack at all between meals. We had leftover pizza at my grandmas and I stuck to two pieces only. I ate lunch at work and it wasn't too bad. Sausage and saurkraut (just about the only cooked vegetable other than potatos that I like!) and fruit jello. I don't think that's too awful bad.

Tomorrow morning is the big weigh in. I have to admit that I took a peek tonight and I don't think I'm going to be pleased. I'm going to be so embarrassed if I have to post a gain on the Labor Day challenge thread. But if I do gain I will post it to be honest to myself. I know I had a bad weekend, but I felt like I was really making up for it. My measurements aren't that hot either. I will officially post them tomorrow. I usually weigh and measure myself in the morning (every ounce counts)

Wish me luck!

Have a good day everyone. I am challenging myself to drink water, water, water tomorrow!!!

CruisingCA2005
07-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Kels: Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow!

Tasha+Scott
07-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Well, Kels, it looks like you and I have the same weigh-in day. I will also be doing my weigh in and measurements. Don't feel bad if you did gain anything. Just post it and be honest b/c that will help you stay on track. Besides, no one here would ever make you feel terrible for gaining weight. We all have been there and know how it feels. We'll be here for support. But I am wishing you lots of luck. Maybe weight loss didn't show up today but will tomorrow. You never know!

Princess Michelle
07-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Kels, I'm sending :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: your way hoping for a good weigh in! I totally understand not wanting to post a gain, especially on a challenge thread. I know I feel like such a failure but we only fail if we let it get us so down that we give up. If we keep going there is no way we can fail! If you do have a gain look back over the last week and see where you could have done better and then next week do it! As hard as it is we also have to keep in mind there are so many reasons we might have a gain that doesn't even have anything to do with how well we did that week. Sometimes it's muscle, sometimes it's that dreaded bloat fairy! Whatever happens just try not to let it get you down. We're still going to love you and support you! Here's hoping for some good news when you post again. :hug:

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Good Luck with your weigh in and your water in take.

Don't be embarrased! We're all here for the same reason...the road is not easy. As Michelle said...take a look back at where you think you had a problem. It could be muscle! Just don't get discouraged!! You can do this! It doesn't happen overnight.

Just try to increase that water!! It really does help ::yes::

Stay positive...we are here for you:grouphug:

toystoryduo
07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Good luck at weigh-in today!:Pinkbounc Have a great weekend!:sunny:

Princess Michelle
07-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Kels, I read on the challenge thread about your gain. I'm so sorry! :( :hug: :( At least it was only 1/2 a pound. Like I said earlier, take a look at your week and see where you can make some improvements. You'll get that off and then some. I'm wishing for a better weigh in next week. You can do it! :)

Tasha+Scott
07-24-2004, 01:35 AM
Don't feel bad Kels! I am betting your next weigh in will go great! ::yes::

kelscross
07-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I gained a 1/2 pound. I'm hoping it is a little muscle or possibly because my monthly friend is visiting this week.

Here are my measurements:

W 41 (.5 loss!) :sunny:
H: 48
T: 25 (.5 gain!) :(

(Total loss 2 inches)

Sorry I don't have much more to say about it. I'm a little disappointed but that's how it goes sometimes. We went shopping yesterday evening and I walked a whole lot so that was my exercise yesterday.

I gotta get going my girls are going to HIS parents today and I dread it. I hate taking them over there I think it should be his responsibility but he doesn't hardly come in town and the girls have been asking for them. They are very irritating and blame me for the divorce (of course). Even though they see he hardly supports them and barely sees his kids they don't think anything is wrong with that ! My mother would kick my brothers' butts if they did their kids like that.

Oh well...have a good day everyone!

Princess Michelle
07-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey, at least you lost some inches! That's great. I'm right there in the gain category with you this week so I'm feeling the pain as well. We will both do so much better next week! ::yes::

Good luck with the ex-inlaws today!

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the gain...but you lost inches...and it probably is because of TOM that you had that half pound gain. Don't let it get you down! I can't stand my in-laws and I'm still married to their son..LOL! So, I can see how dealing with ex-inlaws would stink! Have a good weekend and keep up the great work!

Gail

Tasha+Scott
07-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Don't worry Kels, I bet that dreaded TOM is the reason for the gain. I know you will do better next week when "He" (it would have to be a "he" don't you think?!) has left. Also, good luck w/the ex-inlaws. I am not crazy about my inlaws either. They tried to keep Scott from marrying me (literally). The only reason they were at our wedding is b/c I invited them! Scott didn't want them there b/c of the way they had treated me. We are civil towards eachother now but I still don't make it a point to go see them except on holidays. So, I feel for you. Good luck this week!

kelscross
07-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Well the ex inlaws were tolerable I guess. See I guess they loaned my ex 20,000 dollars because he was having some money trouble with his business and he was supposed to pay them back at the beginning of this month. He has not paid them and won't return their calls or anything. So since they are mad at him they are kissing my butt now. :rolleyes: I had to lie to them and tell them that I probably wasn't doing anything special for Mariah's birthday next week because I really don't want to invite them.

Otherwise there is nothing new. No exercise today. I went to class and then had some errands to run before work and if I don't exercise before work then I know I won't afterward. I'm hoping that since TOM has left then I'll at least lose a few pounds this week.

I'm jealous...I want at least a 5 pound clippie!! I think I'm the only one without one! LOL.

I think that will be my personal challenge. I want a five pound clippie within the next two weeks maybe sooner if I can stay on track.

Have a good day everyone!

Kellee

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-27-2004, 12:40 PM
You can get that clippie Kellee!! I know you can do it!

Glad it wasn't so bad dealing with the ex in laws. My mother in law is not a very good person. She never remembers the kids birthdays. I know it hurts their feelings, but I think they don't expect it anymore. Poor kids...glad they have my parents. They more than make up for it to them.

Good luck...get that exercise in...and that water:teeth:

Gail

Princess Michelle
07-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Kellee, I'm glad you made it through the weekend! If it makes you feel better I should have gotten rid of my clippie, since I gained 2lbs. I only have a 4lb. loss now. I'm hoping that it will be rightfully mine again at my next weigh in. I hope we see one in your signature very, very soon! ::yes::

Tasha+Scott
07-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Hi, Kellee! I am glad the meeting w/the inlaws wasn't pure torture as it could have been. I am also wishing you lots of success on getting your 5 lb. clippie. Who knows? You may end up getting a 10 lb. clippie before anyone else!

kelscross
07-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys! I'm hoping for that clippie by the end of next week.

Today was a good day. I ate breakfast (raisin bran) lunch was at work and it was what they were serving to the residents. It was a bit high carb but at least it was portioned (salisbury steak and potatoes) I didn't snack at all and for dinner I had two pancakes and three pieces of bacon.

I walked on the treadmill when I got home. Boy was it like dragging horses to get me going. I walked for 30 min. and did 1.20 miles and burned 125 calories.

The only negative the water was way lacking today. I get so busy at work I don't drink. You all know my big challenge is water because as I've said before I do not drink much throughout the day so it's a toughie.

All in all I say it was a good day.!

Princess Michelle
07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Way to go Kellee!!!! I'm glad you had such a good day! Hey, you're a nursing student, can't you hook up an IV to make sure you get your water every day? LOL :p

kelscross
07-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Don't tempt me Michelle...lol...I work in a nursing home also and the supplies are available. I could always use the practice...I wonder if it would work...hmmm...:crazy:

I had another good day today. I came home from class and walked on the treadmill. I walked 30 minutes, and 1.20 miles and 125 calories. Pretty much the same as I walk to the same CD to keep my pace. I hope I see some results, all I know is I sure do sweat like a pig when I'm doing it. You know the kind were your shirt is all wet and it's dripping in your eyes kind of sweating...maybe I'm just that out of shape...ha!

When I came home the girls and I played outside for three hours. We rode bikes around the block a million times. The first time my youngest wanted to ride and yes she made it around but at such a slow pace that I could hardly ride behind her. My older DD took off like the wind and my grandma stayed with her.

I needed to fix my bike when we got back home so Mariah when out again with grandma and Emily stayed with me and helped me fix my bike. I found a bigger bike (she's on a fisher price beginners bike) in the garage so she wanted to ride that.

She was doing so well up and down the sidewalk that she wanted to ride around the block, I figured it would be okay as she can ride faster on this bike. We get about half way around and she crashed!! The training wheels came right out from underneath her and she wiped out. Good thing she was wearing her pads and helmet or she would have really gotten hurt. She came away with a large bruise across her chest from the handle bars though. Needless to say she was finished with that bike, so I had to drag her, her bike, and my bike around the block to get home.

So then she decides that she wants to go around the block AGAIN with her beginner bike. I had to walk this time because like before this bike is way too slow.

Whew...now that was a day of work outs!!

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Whew is right! You had a huge workout today. I'm glad to hear Emily is okay. At least the wipeout didn't scare her from riding at all anymore.

I like that sweaty feeling when I'm done....makes me feel like I really did something...It's when you don't get all sweaty that bugs me...means I didn't do much.

Glad to hear you had a good day:hyper: Bet it will show come weight and measurement time!!

Gail

Tasha+Scott
07-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Wow! Just listening to your day makes me sweat! LOL! I am glad your daughter is all right. Well, I agree with Gail...I don't like it if I don't sweat when I work out. I feel like I have really accomplished something when I am sweaty and disgusting, lol. And don't worry, I sweat like a pig on the treadmill too. ;)

Princess Michelle
07-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Kellee! I'm so glad Emily is alright! Sounds like you had a great day of workouts! Way to go!

I know what you mean about the sweating too! If I workout and don't break a sweat I feel like I didn't do anything. Going for hour long walks in the hot Florida sun ensures that I sweat my butt off! My sweat has sweat on it. LOL

I hope you have a great day! :sunny:

kelscross
07-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm so nervous about tomorrow. I've worked out every day this week and I've done pretty good about eating in moderation. Again, the water is still a challenge that I really, really need to work on. I'll post a water challenge tomorrow after my weigh in. I really want to meet that water goal.

I'm a scale freak and I think I'm going to be disappointed tomorrow if todays numbers are true. I'll really die if I have to post another gain on the labor day challenge thread.

I guess we'll find out in the morning!!! :scared:

Princess Michelle
07-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Good luck to you tomorrow Kellee! I hope you have a really good weigh in. I don't have mine until Saturday morning so I have a whole nuther day to wait in anticipation and hopefully not be disappointed. I bet you will have lost some more inches with all the bike riding you've been doing!

I don't really have any advice on how to drink more water except to just make yourself do it. I'm always thirsty so it's pretty easy for me. I just keep it in front of my face all day. Even when I was working I kept a big bottle of water on my desk. It really is a good thing for your body, not just for weightloss but just for every day function. I hope that it will become second nature to you to drink that water every day. :)

Tasha+Scott
07-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Well, Kellee, it seems you, Gail, and I all have our weigh ins tomorrow. And our dearest Michelle is only one day behind us. I know how you feel. I dread seeing what the scale says. I don't like the idea of posting a gain either, but it is a lesson for me, in my case. If I have gained then I will know what to do differently next week. Of course, I already know what I did wrong this week, so it hopefully won't be hard to change. I think even if you didn't lose, you did great this week.
As far as the water, my mom is the same way. She can not drink something unless she has something to eat. I am the opposite. I can not eat w/o something to drink. When I 1st decided to start drinking a lot of water every day (a few years back) it was a lot harder for me too. I just forced myself to count ounces and drink at least 64 oz. a day. Now it is 2nd nature to me. I am like Michelle, I am constantly drinking water. I drink at least 100 or more oz. a day now. Just force yourself to do it and it will become easier. Oh, and keep one thing in mind...you need that water after you work out whether you think you are thirsty or not. You could get dehydrated w/o even realizing it. I got dehydrated at Epcot one time and did not realize it until at dinner I was sooo sick that all I could do was down one glass after another of anything liquid. :rolleyes: I am keeping my fingers crossed that we all have decent weigh ins this time around. Good luck!

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-30-2004, 05:39 AM
Ditto Kellee...everything that Michelle and Tasha have said about water. Maybe you could measure out exactly 64 ozs. and put it in a pitcher in the fridge. That way you don't have to count cups...and it will be nice and cold for you. I know I like my water real cold. Then each night fill it up again with 64 ozs. This way you would at least be getting 8 cups of water! Just an idea.

Good luck with your weigh in...and measurements!! You have been doing so great with all that exercise. Don't worry about those numbers on the scale! Do you write down everything that you eat? I know that this helped me when I was trying to figure out my problem areas...when I first lost all that weight a few years ago.

You're doing great!!!

Gail

kelscross
07-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Okay...now I'm really getting discouraged. What is the point of walking your butt off pouring with sweat everyday and then turning around and riding at least a mile a day on a bike every evening? It's just causing me to gain! I eat much less than I used to and I am so much more active but it's getting me nowhere.

It's getting harder to stay with this when for two weeks in a row I saw no change and even a weight gain!!!!

For all it's worth here's my measurements.

W: 40.5 (.5 loss) :sunny:
H: 48
T: 24 (1.0 loss) :sunny:

(Total 3.5 inches lost)

I know I'm a big measurement freak and have said over and over again as long as your losing inches...but I'm really starting to feel all this exercise isn't worth anything. You work your butt off (and believe me I really don't enjoy a second of it) and IF you get results it's minimal.

I'm so depressed.:(

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh Kellee...I'm so sorry to hear you've gained. You are doing so great! Please don't get discouraged. I hope you really can start getting that water in...it really helps to flush your system. When you workout your body is storing the fat because you're not getting enough water. I'm not an expert on this...but I know what I've read and you really need water. Please up that water intake and I bet you will see massive results next week!!

Turn that frown upside down:upsidedow

Gail

Princess Michelle
07-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Awe, Kellee, :hug:

I echo everything that Gail aready said.

One thing you said that might be worth taking a look at is that you eat a lot less than you used to. How much less? Is it possible that you aren't putting enough calories in your body? You need so many just to live every day and if your body doesn't get enough it will hold on to whatever you give it and you will not lose. Sometimes it's a struggle to make sure I get even 1,200 calories a day, stuff doesn't add up as quickly as you would think but I know I have to have at least that many calories a day, anything less is too little. You also have to be careful where the calories are coming from, if you are getting too many fat calories it's going to hinder your results. I don't know if this is the case or not, just something to look at if it might be.

Please don't get discouraged, if you keep it up you may just wake up one Friday and see 3-4 pounds gone at one time! You are still losing inches and that is awesome.

I truly do understand the disappointment of the scale but I am trying to keep in my mind that the scale doesn't know what it's weighing. It doesn't know if it's weighing bones, muscles, fat, it has no clue. It is possible that you are building muscle and we all know it weighs the most! I so fear getting on the scale tomorrow and seeing a gain because I've tried so hard this week. We just have to keep chugging along, we will make it eventually. :hug:

Tasha+Scott
07-30-2004, 06:51 PM
For what it is worth, Kellee, I think you did absolutely fantastic this week! I wouldn't worry about that stupid scale anyway. You have lost inches and I think that tells a lot more than a scale anyway. More importantly than the weight loss though is your health. As long as you are watching what you eat and exercising you are doing something much more important than losing weight. You are maintaining your health. That is more important in the long run. My guess is that you either are gaining muscle or you are on a plateau w/ the scale. Either way, don't give up or despair. Like Michelle said, keep doing like you have been doing and one week at weigh in the weight will seem like it suddenly dropped overnight. And I also agree w/Gail about the water. I love the idea of filling up a pitcher w/64 oz. I remember from nursing school everything that Gail was saying about the water earlier. It really can affect how rapidly and how much you lose. Here's to a great weigh in next week! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

kelscross
07-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys! Sorry I didn't post to anyone today, I have to get over feeling sorry for myself. I did read them all though. You all did a great job and Michelle I hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow.

toystoryduo
07-31-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi Kellee,
Sending :hug: your way today. Please do not give up! You are losing inches, exercising, and making healthier food choices. That is wonderful!:Pinkbounc The scale will cooperate.... just hang in there!:hug:

Take good care of you Kellee and have a :sunny: weekend!

Princess Michelle
08-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Are you doing okay, Kellee? :hug: We miss you! ::hug::

Tasha+Scott
08-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Michelle had the same idea as me...I just wanted to check and see if you are okay. I hope you are not too discouraged. The WISH boards just wouldn't be the same w/o you. I know we've never met...but I consider you a good friend nonetheless. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or e-mail me. Can't wait to hear from you soon! :wave2:

kelscross
08-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Sorry to disappear on you guys. This weekend was so busy I didn't have time to do much of anything.

I had a HUGE pharmacology final exam this morning so I spent literally all weekend day and night studying for it. I think I did very well though I find out Wednesday.

Friday night their daddy called and said he was coming down to have the girls ready at 7am he couldn't stay long, he had a meeting with someone here in Dayton. Well...he didn't show up until 12:30 pm!! Mariah waited for him all morning. She would go to the door and look practically every five minutes. I tried to call and he wasn't answering his cell. So at 11am we went to the grocery but she started crying saying "he didn't even come for my birthday" that was tough to deal with. From now on I'm not even going to tell them so they won't get disappointed.

We were at the store and he calls on my cell asking where we were! The nerve! I told him that we would be home when we finished shopping. When we did arrive home, he came shortly after and stayed a whopping 30 minutes. He hasn't seen the kids in 2 1/2 months and he spends a whole 30 mins with them, gee wiz. She didn't care though as long as she got a birthday present! ha! He got her the princess boom box. The one at Sears that is pink and the buttons are purple shaped like Mickey Mouse. She loves it!

My dad came in Sunday morning (after I stayed up until 4:30am studying) and then I studied all day long. We had her party today. She got lots of barbies and Kim Possible stuff. The only problem at the party was my other DD (almost 3) was puking the entire time! I don't know what got into her but she's better now.

And that's it ...whew...a busy weekend. I haven't gotten caught up on all the posts yet. I'll do that tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

Thanks for looking out for me though!! Night all!!

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-03-2004, 03:37 AM
I think that we all had the same idea. I kept checking to see if you posted anything. I'm glad to hear you are okay.

That stinks about your ex. I think it makes an us madder than the kids. They don't hold a grudge very long...and a nice present sure does sweeten the deal. I also agree that you shouldn't tell them in advance. I do that a lot w/ my mother in law. She says shes coming by to see the kids and usually doesn't show or is extremely late which then usually messes up other plans. Best not to tell them...I hate seeing them disappointed. At least she had a good party...sorry about your youngest though. Is she feeling better now?

It sounds like you've been super busy! My fingers are crossed for your test results!! Good luck! And it was so great hearing from you! I was really beginning to worry!

Gail

toystoryduo
08-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Wow Kellee!

You have been super busy lately! I hope that this week proves to be a relaxing one for you.::yes::

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your ex, but I am glad that he bought your DD a present that she loves!:cake: :bday: to your DD!:teeth:

How is your other DD feeling? I hope that she is feeing much better today.::yes::

Have a great week this week!

Tasha+Scott
08-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Hi, Kellee! I am so glad you are doing okay. And believe me, I can understand why you wouldn't want to tell your girls next time your ex says he will show. My dad used to pull the same stunt all of the time on my younger brother. My mom finally decided to stop telling him when my dad was supposed to come. She decided it would be easier on him and if my dad did show then it would be a nice surprise for my brother. And you know what?! Nine out of 10 times my dad never showed. :( I am sorry your girls are going through that. My brother was only about 2 when my dad walked out and he doesn't think of him as his real dad. He considers my stepdad his dad. (My brother is almost 15 now.) So, don't worry...Gail is right. They will learn to get over him. It will be much easier on them since they are still really little. I was 12 when my dad left and it was harder for me to forgive him and get over it than it was for my brother. So, anyway, happy b-day to your little angel. Sorry her dad nearly ruined it for her! :mad: Hope you have a good week and I am keeping my fingers crossed that your next weigh in will make up for your last 2. Good luck this week!

kelscross
08-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys for understanding. I'm trying to get caught up on all of your posts. I want to really read them all and see how you are doing.

I'm not doing so well as far as diet/exercise go. I'm not really on any kind of plan anymore. Just floundering around, hoping that scale doesn't inch up again. I know if I don't do something then it will inch up more than it has. I might have to drop out of the Labor Day challenge because I know there is probably no way that I can lose those 10 pounds before then.

I've just gotten off schedule and off motivation and I'd really like to get back on!

I will post in your posts tomorrow. I just want to be able to read everything.

Have a good day tomorrow!

Princess Michelle
08-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Kellee, I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time right now. Is there anything we can do to help you?

KLH 1973
08-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear your having a hard time...just remember that muscle weighs more than fat and if your working out that hard you might be getting some new musles.

Also my dr. told me that if you don't eat enough your body will hord your fat thinking your starving...

just a thought

Kristin

kelscross
08-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys again! You all are really a strong support! Now...Michelle here's what I need....I need you guys to come over and a couple of you pull from the front and a couple push my behind and get my lazy butt up!!! ha!

Seriously not making excuses here, because there is no excuse, but my schedule has changed dramatically. Those first few weeks I was able to exercise every day and really consciously eat well because I worked less hours and had time between dropping the girls off at school and then going to work. That's when I did most of my planning and exercising.

I've lost that "free" time and I have found it nearly impossible to really get a good work out in with having two toddlers running around. Yes we play outside together but it's not the same.

I really have to sit down and plan and go to the store. I haven't had a chance to do that. See, I can not take my children to the grocery for two reasons...1. They can not both fit in the cart with the groceries and I wouldn't dare let them run amuck in the store. 2. For some reason my children act their worst in the grocery, walmart they're fine, the mall, they're fine...you get them in Kroger's and they turn into these demon children. I have to get a babysitter to go to the store and my family has been involved with other things to help with that lately.

I also am going to talk to my doctor. He put me on Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking and to lessen the stress, anxiety of school and stuff. Well it's not working at all. I feel no different than before and It's been several months that I've been on it. I have found that I am still as high strung as before. My stress levels have gotten to the point of having heart palpitations. I'm not sure if I'll talk to him about that because he will not do anything for me because I still smoke. I'm sure the smoking is not helping the situation, but this man is a little extreme about it. He thinks EVERYTHING is caused by smoking...even an ear infection:rolleyes:

So that's where I'm at. Please don't think I'm a psycho now. I just wanted to own up to my feelings. Now the embarrassing part is to call the doctor and ask him to put me on something else or something in combination with the Wellbutrin because I feel like I am psycho at times! :crazy:

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-04-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time. It's hard enough being a single parent to two toddlers, but then to quit smoking and trying to lose weight...plus work and school! You have so much on your plate right now. My grocery store now has those little cars attached to the cart..so it looks like the kids are driving. Maybe you should make the suggestion to your local grocery store.

From what I understand, it is very hard to do both...quit smoking and diet at the same time.

And you are not psycho! You are going through a very rough time.

Whatever you decide to do, we are here for you. Maybe you should take it slow...just keep an eye on what you are eating and then fit in the exercise when you can. You seem to keep pretty active with the children.

:hug: You are such a strong woman to be taking on so much.

Gail

kelscross
08-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Gail you are right. It is nearly impossible to quit smoking and diet at the same time. My doctor says that the Wellbutrin helps with that letting you get control of your craving without eating and gaining weight.

He did say that in combination with the patch or gum that I would have a greater success rate. I don't agree with that. Sure I'll stop the urge to pick up a cigarette, but the nicotine addiction will still be there.

So I thought I'd chose losing the weight first. After all, that bothers me more than the smoking does. So then my OB/GYN says if I'm still smoking come September then he will not write out another prescription of BC pills because I will be 32 and smoking.

I think my best bet right now is to watch the fast food and snacks. And make a conscious effort to have some type of work out every day.

I also found out my final grade in class. I didn't make it to the A. I got an A on the final but it wasn't a high enough A to bring the grade all the way up. I got an 88B. Acceptable I guess.

DoeWDW
08-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Kellee, you are an inspiration to me! I know things are really tough for you - you've got so much going on in your life - but you're still trying to be healthier. As long as you're still trying, I think you're doing just fine! ::yes::

Please give yourself some credit for all the amazing things you do - raise your girls, spend time playing with them, work, go to school, study, try to fit in healthier eating and even some exercise, etc. etc. etc. You are a strong woman, Kellee!

I want to remind you of something - this healthy living thing is not an "all or nothing" deal. If you've got a lot going on, then scale back your expectations. You may not eat on plan at every meal, but maybe you can manage one healthy meal a day. Most smokers smoke at certain specific times during the day - maybe you can find a way to give up just one of those cigarettes. Baby steps, Kellee, will take you where you need to go.

I'm throwing a WISH party on the health living road today - would a party help improve your mood?? We've got the music cranked up and we're dancing (that counts as exercise! :p ). We're all smiling and laughing and hanging out with our WISH friends - can you feel the party atmosphere??

:rockband: "Celebrate good times, come on!!" :rockband:

kelscross
08-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Doe..thank you so much for the party! Better than the pity party that I've been on. :rolleyes:

Today is laundry day so I've been lugging up three flights of stairs. And I also vaccumed my front stairs. I guess that counts as exercise tonight right? I hope so cause I sure am tired!

I can't believe that I've been so down that I didn't realize that I've passed the 30 day mark until my trip to WDW!!! :tongue:

I hope you guys had a great day!

Tasha+Scott
08-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Kellee, don't feel so bad. You have so much going on right now that you are lucky to even be able to get on here to post. I thought I had a lot going on w/working full-time and going to school full-time. But I don't have kids and I don't smoke, so I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Like I said previously, I am here for you if you need me. I have also had a rough week, but I know that you and I can make next week a better one. Good luck!

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-07-2004, 09:26 AM
:hug: Thinking about you Kellee! If you need anything...I'm here for you.

Gail

Princess Michelle
08-07-2004, 06:29 PM
I hope you're having a great weekend, Kellee! :sunny:

kelscross
08-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey thanks guys.

I don't have much time right now. I took the kids to King's Island yesterday. We had a great time. The weather was perfect. It was really crowded and the kids didn't get to ride as much as they usually do, but it was fun. Of course I didn't eat very well. Who would at an amusement park?? Ha! Funnel Cakes are my weakness. I think it's offset by the amount of walking involved. I know we walked 5 miles yesterday.

I have to get going and go to work for a little while. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'll check your posts this evening!

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day! You got a lot of walking in.....I know how hard it is to resist those funnel cakes...sometimes you gotta cave! Yum!

Tasha+Scott
08-09-2004, 09:17 PM
I am really glad you were able to do something fun w/your girls this weekend. It must have been a nice break from work and school. The fact that you managed to show your girls a great time as busy as you are says a lot about what a great mother you are to them. Have a great week this week, Kellee! :wave:

kelscross
08-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks Tasha...I really try hard to not be distant from them because of our hectic schedule. I think they really suffer from being away from me so much, but it will be ok in the long run. It is really effecting my youngest. She's been having terrible temper tantrums lately. I'm taking her to the ped on Thurs. to make sure things are okay find out how we can get past this and help her out with her tantrums.

I've been staying off the scale lately guys. It got me so down I didn't want to look. I'm going to wait until the end of the challenge to post my numbers.

Tomorrow I go to my doctor to discuss this anxiety. Me...anxiety...no...:rolleyes: I'm hoping he can prescribe something to give me some relief. I'm really feeling the pressure from school/work/kids/ex/you name it. I won't make it another year in school at this rate. So I'm hoping I feel better soon.

On a lighter note. I began tanning today in preparation for our trip coming up. I haven't had much time to really get some good sun in and even though I will still wear sunscreen I wan't to have some sun so I don't get crispy crittered!! Sheesh...I wish I had my girls' complexion...they are dark skinned like their daddy, they hardly wear sunscreen.

Hey Michelle, can you pm me or something on how to put a picture on here? I think I have one to put on here. Thanks

Princess Michelle
08-10-2004, 09:26 AM
*Sirens Flashing* Kellee, Kellee, Kellee, you didn't know you made friends with the Sunblock Police, did you? LOL

Girlfriend, just because the kiddos have darker skin doesn't mean they don't need sunblock! A lot of people think that just because their skin doesn't burn they don't need to use sunscreen, that's so not true. The sun is still damaging your skin regardless of whether it burns it or not, especially the sensitive skin of small children. Now, let's talk about you young lady. *gets her stern police face on* The only reason tanning keeps you from becoming a "crispy critter" is because the damage has already been done! My advice, use a high SPF sunblock (35 or higher, personally, I use 50) and skip the real tan for a faker if you must have one.

*takes off her sunblock police hat and returns to normal* ;) :p ;)

Okay, that's just my feelings on the subject, please don't be offended. :)

I was actually thinking about doing the stay off the scales thing too but since I'm in the Labor Day challenge I still wanted to report every week. I think when it's over if they do another one I will join in on it. I can't wait to see what your results are! :)

Good luck with your Doctor appointments. I hope they can give you some advice on how to handle the temper tantrums and also how to manage your anxiety. :hug:

I will send you a PM with picture posting directions later today. I made something special for you too that I'll send along with them. :)

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Kellee...sorry to hear about your stress! You have so much going on! Ahhh those wonderful temper tantrums. I always ignored them. I was always told that it was just one of those things kids do to get attention. When they see it doesn't work...they eventually stop. It is a phase. Not all kids have ones as major, but they all have their way of trying to get "their way" The more you feed into the tantrum the more she will have. Most people cave because the kid will do it in a public place and makes the parent embarrased. But if you are strong...and can outlast it...and not care what others think...ignore it!!! I have 3 kids and I believe in being firm with them, I let them know who is the boss. But at the same time I have always been able to have fun with them and be a mom.

I love Disney...you're going to have so much fun!

Gail

kelscross
08-10-2004, 10:14 PM
LOL Michelle...I'm not offended at all. Actually I am a sunscreen freak with the kids if we are going to be out for long periods of time or swimming or something. But you have to realize that in the Ohio sun :rolleyes: (if you want to call it that) just a little while I really don't worry with my kids. Now for me that's a different story. I guess I'll look good in my coffin with lung cancer and a tan...LMAO just kidding. Thanks for the concern.

Gail...the problem with the temper tantrums is that I am afraid to be alone with her when she is having them because my neighbors think I'm killing her and she is doing things that are hurting herself during the tantrums so I'm afraid that if the police or CPS is called then I have no excuse. Here is a child that looks injured and the witnesses heard her screaming like she is dying. That's the only problem. It's wierd though, it's not like she's never been told no before. I have always been firm with my children on stuff that can and can't have, she's just real sensitive I guess lately. Thanks for the encouragement though.

My doctor prescribed Lexapro for the anxiety and told me to continue the Wellbutrin for the smoking along with the nicorette gum it should be successful he says.

So in a few weeks I should be fully medicated and ready to enjoy my vacation with no anxiety attacks. :sunny: He says it will probably help with the motivation (or lack of) to lose weight as well. I've been hanging in there though. I'm going to do my measurements this week to see what kind of damage I've done.

Night all!

DoeWDW
08-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Kellee, I'm glad the doc had something to help you! Hopefully the Lexapro will kick in soon and you'll be breathing easier and having less anxiety. I've battled depression and anxiety - no fun! Exercise really helps but with your schedule, I don't know how you'd fit any more exercise in!

Hang in there!! Wishing you a wonderful day! Can't wait to hear all about your Disney trip! :sunny:

Princess Michelle
08-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey Kellee, I'm so glad the doctor was able to give you something for the anxiety and I sure hope that it works wonderfully for you!

:)

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Glad you got something from the doctor...and it sounds like it should help out with everything!

Gail

kelscross
08-13-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm still here guys...just a little busy...just checking in. I'll catch up ASAP.

Michelle...I got the PM. Can I just keep referring back to it if I want to use the water clippie? I will work on the picture when I get some uninterupted time...sigh...like that will happen...ha!

For those of you in Florida, I hope this finds you well and safe.

Prayers :)

Princess Michelle
08-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey Kellee, yes, you can keep the PM and if you ever want to use it it'll be there for you. :)

I hope you are having a good weekend. :)

DoeWDW
08-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Kellee, I know you're a busy gal right now. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :wave2:

I'm sending good thoughts your way today! :sunny:

kelscross
08-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry guys that I've been MIA the last few days. I started my orientation at the hospital and it is full time for two weeks and I have to get up early, early and drive 40 mins away. I'm not used to getting up so early every morning. I better though because come school time again I'll be up with the chickens!

I found out what one of my "lack of energy" problems is. When I went to the dr's last week for the meds he ordered some labs, they called today to tell me that I needed a GI consult because apparently my H & H are very, very low. They said something about anemia so I said can't I take some iron or something and the nurse said...no...Dr. Brown is afraid you are bleeding somewhere to have those low values.

So I guess they have to find out if/where I'm bleeding internally and if/when they do I guess they will repair the bleed and give me a blood tranfusion. Wierd...I just feel tired, not like I'm bleeding inside.

Oh well...I'm going to try to get caught up on the posts. I've been thinking about you guys, I am going to weigh in right before I go on vacation to see how I'm doing with the challenge. Once I get this energy problem figured out then hopefully I'll be able to join an exercise challenge.

Take care everyone!!!! I'll really try to catch up soon!

DisneyEnthusiastic
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Wow Kellee...that's some news! Make sure to let us know what is going on. I'm glad you updated us. I was wondering how you were doing. You only have 2 weeks until vacation. I hope you have a great time! Take care of yourself!

Gail

Princess Michelle
08-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Kellee, I'm sorry that you had to find out that something was wrong with you but it's certainly good that they found out about this now before it gets any worse. I hope that they are able to fix it and get you feeling full of energy very soon! My prayers are with you. :hug:

Tasha+Scott
08-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Wow, Kellee! I hope everything is going okay. I am sorry to hear that you are having medical problems. I was anemic in the past and I thought that was bad enough! I sure hope you get well in no time. I noticed that you are going to WDW in 5 days...I know that will be a nice break for you. You deserve it! Have a great time! :wave2:

kelscross
08-30-2004, 08:50 PM
I had a busy weekend...we went to my sister's wedding in Youngstown. It was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful reception.

HOWEVER... I didn't get a chance to enjoy it because on the way out the door Friday I fell down the stairs of my apartment!!!! I hurt my ankle badly. The squad had to come to get me down the stairs! Fortunately it was not broken although everyone (including the doctor) was surprised it wasn't. He said there was extensive damage to the tendons and ligaments. My foot is huge and purple just about everywhere!!!

Right on time for vacation. Not to mention there is another hurricane on the way to Florida! Is this bad luck or what???

Princess Michelle
08-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Kellee!!! My goodness girl, you certainly are having a time right now! I hope you enjoy your vacation with beautiful weather and lots of fun and relaxation so that when you come back you are feeling so much better and are able to start kicking butt again! :)

Princess Michelle
09-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Kellee, I know you're on vacation right now, I just wanted to say I hope you and your girls are having a wonderful time together! I look forward to hearing all about your trip when you return! :)

kelscross
10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Hello guys!!

Long time no see huh? I hope everyone is doing well. Things have been such a whirlwind since coming back from vacation, starting school, going through all the medical tests to find out what's wrong with me etc.

I still have one more test to go through, but the doctor has ruled out a GI bleed (thank goodness) and has attributed it to a malabsorbtion problem possibly caused by Celiac Disease. The first part of the bloodwork has come back positive for the gene for this disease now he's waiting on the anitbody screen to see if it is active.

If it is positive then I am basically allergic to any foods that contain wheat, barley, rye or oat. Not just contain them but any derivitave of these products or anything that comes in contact with these products. I will have to see a nutritionist regarding a new diet for life. It seems like a pretty healthy diet from what I've read on the net so maybe that will put me back on track.

Otherwise everything is going ok. We are planning a surprise xmas trip to the "world" for the kids. This time to the GF...yeah!
Hope everything is going well for everyone. I look forward to getting back in touch.

Night
Kellee

Princess Michelle
10-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Welcome back, Kellee! It's good to see you again! :)

Tasha+Scott
11-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Hi, Kellee! I have not had a chance to read your journal since August so I am very relieved to see that you did not have a GI bleed! That would have been scary. A food allergy sounds a lot better and more managable! I am glad you had a good trip. I am craving the "world" so bad I can taste it. I am hoping to go again in a couple of years. I don't want to go when the baby is so young, but maybe my mom will keep it or something b/c I am an addict...lol. We were going to go next May, but since my due date is in May, I am thinking that's out now. But anyway, I hope everything is going well with you. I also hope you have a good trip next month! Hope to hear from you soon! Bye! :wave:

kelscross
11-19-2004, 06:17 AM
Tasha,

Congrats...I didn't know that you were expecting!! I've been so out of touch lately with school in full force.

I'll post more later...