PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy our passes?

dalepool
07-10-2001, 12:13 AM
:) Not sure where to buy our DL passes I do have a Disney Club card- will I get the discount if I buy at the DLH? What about the Disney store at DD?

Another ? if you will---We are staing at at the DLH---I thought the monorail stopped at the Hotel but now I find out that is not so. Now were does it stop? Is it a long walk? If it stops where I've been told it does--at DD--is there a seperate wait area for the hotel quests Like they have at WDW?

Is there a conveince store close? I like pepsi as the cola of choice----but DL only sales coke.

Thank you all so much for all the help I've received from this forum. 10 days and counting.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jester: PattyN

DonnaS
07-10-2001, 12:38 AM
I can help you with one or two of your questions. The Monorail used to run through the Disneyland Hotel but now stops just a short distance away. The disney website has a pdf map that shows the locations. The DLH is near the top of the page and you can the covered area just a bit below it is the Rainforest Cafe.. the monorail stop is next to that.

Disneyland Resort pdf map (http://disney.go.com/vacations/dlr/Media/DisneylandResort/PDFfiles/dlrmap.pdf)

I don't remember seeing a special line for resort guests but in general it will only be resort guests during peak times of the morning. They do have a resort guest only line at the other station in Tomorrowland and that is where it would likely come in handy.

I believe if you buy your passes at the DLH that you can then get Ultimate Park Hopper passes which allow early entry multiple mornings. Not sure about discounts on them though.

There are convenience stores on Harbor I know. We usually stay at the Candy Cane Inn and there is one right next door to it. We buy our water there.

Have fun! Hope this helps.

dalepool
07-10-2001, 12:49 AM
Thanks :) Donna---I just want to let you know I so enjoyed your trip photos. I'm so looking forward to this trip. Last official family trip before the daughter graduates. ( I'm sure there will be others---although she thinks she'd rather travel with friends) Anyway thanks again.:jester: :jester: :jester: PattyN

P.S. if you think of anything that will help us enjoy our vacation please e-mail.

DonnaS
07-10-2001, 12:59 AM
Here are a few more tips. I'm not sure if I mentioned any of them in my Trip Reports (glad you liked the photos )

Disney Club will get you a 10% discount at the World of Disney in DD if you spend over $50 before tax. This is the same discount as American Express. I also got a 10% discount on the lithograph I bought at the Disney Gallery in the park. This is for merchandise and the discounts for tickets are probably different.

You will most likely want to ride Soarin' over California and California Screamin' more than once. Get a Fast Pass and then get in line if it is short enough. That way you can use your FP later for a second ride.

If it is really hot then ride California Screamin' early or late as it tends to shut down when it gets too hot... something about the sensors.

Great burgers at ESPN Zone which is very close to the DLH.

We had to take daily breaks back at the hotel as DH has been ill but it really is a good idea anyhow, especially in the heat and crowds there right now.

Have a great time! I will e-mail you if I think of anything else.

TrlyScrumptious
07-10-2001, 10:19 AM
When we arrived for check-in at the DLH, our resort ID (the card that allows you to put everything in the parks, hotels, and DD on your hotel bill) said that it could also be used as a Fastpass on the Monorail. When I asked at the DD monorail station about this, the CM's knew nothing about it. About the 3rd day into our trip, we had dinner at Granville's and the waiter inadvertently kept our resort ID, so I had to have it replaced when I realized it the next morning. The new resort ID did not include the statement about being a fastpass for the monorail, so I asked about this whole issue at Guest Services. They said that until the monorail was running normally (roundtrip) that they had decided not to give priority boarding to resort hotel guests.

The lines are not bad, but the truth is that the monorail was pretty unpredictable during our stay, and the CM's didnt' seem to have a good handle on how to tell you how long you might expect to wait. The concierge at the DLH suggested that it was almost always quicker (maybe not quite as fun!) to walk to the gate, rather than wait for a monorail. We rode the monorail twice into the park, and out once. The remainder of the time, we walked through DD to the main gate.

Either way - - to the monorail station, or to the maingate -- you'll do a bit of walking if you stay at the Disneyland Hotel. But, it's pleasant and not really far at all.

DonnaS
07-10-2001, 02:09 PM
Another point is that if you take the monorail then you are dropped in at Tomorrowland. I like the thrill of walking down Main Street when I first arrive.

chloesmommi
07-10-2001, 09:06 PM
I just spoke to a CM in guest services, and they are currently offering a special promotion, get a 4-day hopper for the price of a 3-day hopper. You can only order these tickets from Disney mail order. The # is 714-781-4043. I understand the Disney Club discount applies only to a one-day ticket.

dalepool
07-11-2001, 12:01 AM
:bounce: :bounce: I'm just bouncing off the walls with excitement---gota love Disney---Thank you all so much for responding to my post. I can really use the assistance. I'm going to call about the 4 for 3 passes. I love Disney but I think I might like saving on the Disney trip even more LOL. :bounce: :bounce: :jester: I'll write a report as soon as I get back. PattyN

Mary Jo
07-12-2001, 09:43 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/flowerface.GIF <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Hi Dalepool,

You can get the tickets at the hotel, or at the ticket windows either near the monorail or the entrance plaza to the parks.

As for the monorail, the location hasn't really moved from its proximity to the DL Hotel. What is so different, is that the DL Hotel tore down the buildings near the monorail, including the shopping area, Neon Cactus, Goofy's Kitchen, and the Japanese themed cabana type rooms with their gardens. The three main hotel buildings are basically the same walking distance.

doodlebug
07-12-2001, 10:48 PM
dalepool...off the topic but I went to high school in Longview (graduated in 1986).. Small world huh??? When do you go on your trip?? We are going in October and can hardley wait to stay at the Disneyland Hotel!!:bounce:

Mary Jo
07-12-2001, 11:02 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/flowerface.GIF <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>

Click on the link to see some pics I took of the Disneyland Hotel (I need to update these):

Disneyland Hotel (http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/maryjom/10DisneylandHotelResort.html)

TrlyScrumptious
07-12-2001, 11:07 PM
The Disney website is also offering the "Buy a 3-day-hopper, get one more day free" promotion on their website. They also have a "Buy a 4-dayhopper, get one more day free" promotion available, too.

I think I also saw somewhere that the DLH was offering "Stay 3 nights, get one free" as a Fall special until December 20th, but darnit, I can't figure out where I saw that! (Anybody got any ideas???)

doodlebug
07-12-2001, 11:12 PM
We just booked our trip thru Getawaytoday.com.. we called the them directly and received 4 nights (pd for 3nights & got one free) 2 adult & 1 kids ultimate park hopper passes, california fun book and fees all for $899.00.. Not too bad...

TrlyScrumptious
07-12-2001, 11:30 PM
I can't get the website to work, Doodlebug. Any ideas?

What kind of room did you get for that terrific deal?!?!?

dalepool
07-13-2001, 01:00 AM
I graduated from Kelso----that rival high school----but I'm an old lady----1970 graduation---Any way thanks for you help with my question. Only 7 more days. yipeeeeeee:jester: :jester: :jester: Like wise on the 3 nights get one free. we are getting a senior rate $193.00 a night including the tax--not sure if this is a good rate---but we needed to stay at DLH for the ease of entry to the parks for my husband who is disabled. (He has Lou Gerhigs). When I made ressies the staff at DLH reservation desk were just wonderful. They helped me get just the right room for Dale and his special needs. Thank you all for the great information. PattyN:bounce: :bounce: :jester: :bounce: :jester:

doodlebug
07-13-2001, 06:36 AM
Try www.getawaytoday.org I just look back at the site and is it way "org" not "com". Let me know if that doesn't work. Their phone number is 800-523-6116 and I talked to Christy.

dalepool...Yikes Kelso;) The rival school.. I went to R.A. Long, but dated a couple guys from Kelso:cool: Hope you all have a wonderful trip and I am so jealous you get to go in only 7 days. Well now it is probably 6:(