PDA

View Full Version : Britia Bottles $3.00!!!

samsid99
06-25-2004, 06:11 PM
THANKS FOR THE KMART TIP. I JUST BOUGHT A BRITIA WATER BOTTLE AND PACK OF REFILL FILTERS FOR 5.50 AT MY LOCAL KMART! AND THEY HAD PLENTY OF BOTH. THEY WERE LOCATED IN THE PLUMBING SECTION WITH THE SHOWER HEADS AND ETC. SO IF YOU NEED THEM, THIS IS A GREAT DEAL.

11 DAYS LEFT:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

we3disneygo
06-28-2004, 09:57 AM
thanks for the tip I went yesterday and got our britta bottles with the refills also. great deal!:

fac
06-28-2004, 10:21 AM
thanks
I also get the $3 bottle.
I have never used Brita bottle before, and I bought only one.
The reason is that I think the bottle may be on the shelf for quite long and I am not sure the effect on the filter inside the bottle.

I didn't even pick up additional filters, again because I saw the boxes are quite dusty. Does anyone see any problem?

karemore
06-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Our Kmarts are both sold out!

I can only find the bottles for $9 at the local hardware store.

Does anyone know if Brita stopped making them? Is that why they are on clearance at Kmart?

Karen

fac
06-28-2004, 10:42 PM
In New Jersey, I can find them in wal-mart and CVS.
Wal-Mart sells it at around $6 and CVS is a bit higher.
I suspected those in KMART may have been in the shelf for a long time, the bottles are white. The bottles in Wal-Mart have a different pattern.

Pooh Girl 71
06-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I was the one who posted about the Brita bottles on clearance at K-Mart. Ours had the clearance bottles in the plumbing section. However, they had full price bottles up front where the food section is.

Ours also had several designs even in clearance. The filters should be ok b/c the usage is based on the water that is filtered through.

dznyacct
06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up about K-Mart. We have one Brita bottle that we have used LOTS at WDW, but there will 4 of us on our trip (leaving in 17 days, woohoo!!) this time. I went to our K-Mart at lunch and got the last bottle ($3.00) and the last two 2-packs of filters ($2.49). We're ready for that Florida heat!!

crazymomof4
06-30-2004, 09:01 AM
those Brita bottles work great! We got one for each of us when we went last Oct and we loved them. We would just ask counter service places for 1-2 large cups of ice, put some in each Brita and then fill with fountain water. About half way through the trip I wondered just how much difference the filter made so I tried the water w/o the Brita.....YUCH! The taste was just AWFUL! Amazing that the Brita filters it all out. I decided right then that even at double what I paid the Britas would be worth it. It was hot and I'm sure, with our family of 6, we saved a bunch by not buying water and sodas in the park.
Now I highly recommend the Britas to all of my Disney-bound friends.

crazymomof4

frannn
06-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Clearance price was 5., filters were 3.50. They still had a ton of filters, but no more bottles. Somehow, NY clearance prices are always higher than everywhere else. Guess they figure that with the taxes we pay, we must make a mint!

travelin' tigger
07-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Went to my local Kmart last night and got a bottle for $4 and the last 3 filters at $3/box!!!! :teeth:

tikilyn
07-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Thnaks for the heads up on these. I have been looking everywhere for these bottles. Our wal mart doesn't carry them and I didn't think to look for them at kmart.

I got two bottles for 2.00 each and one 2 pack of filters for 3.00. Not bad at all. Our store still had a lot left. Im going to go back in a couple of days in hope that the filters will be cheaper!!

fac
07-01-2004, 11:01 AM
be careful you may not get any though.
Some people reported that they were sold out.

ceecee
07-01-2004, 07:14 PM
The ones I bought at KMart are just white with a blue Brita written down the side. Now I find them with a flag print on them which is kind of cute.

sanapunk
07-01-2004, 09:20 PM
I work at my local k-mart in NJ, and a woman bought about 8 or 9 bottles and 12 filters! I actually said to her "oh my god I hope you didn't buy all of them!" She got a little offended.

Needless to say, I hit 2 bottles and a pack of filters and came back later that day with money to purchase them. 4 dollars is NOT bad for all the money I will be saving on buying bottled water for my trip. *I'm storing these away til then*

If anyone else has any K-mart questions, feel free to ask! :)

pcottrell
07-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I have looked at both my local k-marts and have not seen any. I wonder if they sold out or ever had any to begin with. I hate to miss this deal--I think they would be great for disney and for use all summer. I have also looked at my wal-marts and targets with no luck in finding them, it has been like trying to find a neddle in a haystack!!! Anyone else have any advice on where to look??
Paige

dkrause716
07-02-2004, 04:58 PM
I found some at Safeway for $4.00 if that helps.

pcottrell
07-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your help, but unfortunately we don't have any safeway stores around here. (I live in NC.)
Paige

dznyacct
07-02-2004, 08:14 PM
I saw them at our local CVS drugstore in case anyone has a CVS near them.

GAIL HAYDEN
07-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by pcottrell
I have looked at both my local k-marts and have not seen any. I wonder if they sold out or ever had any to begin with. I hate to miss this deal--I think they would be great for disney and for use all summer. I have also looked at my wal-marts and targets with no luck in finding them, it has been like trying to find a neddle in a haystack!!! Anyone else have any advice on where to look??
Paige

Yes, in Walmart in the plumbing section with all the other Brita supplies. They seem to stock them in two places at WM, in the appliance section and plumbing.
I would not have a clue where they stock them in KMart as I have only been in KMart 3x's in my life. I hate that place.

PRaffen
07-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Plumbing section at Kmart also.

we3disneygo
07-03-2004, 09:48 AM
you might want to check your Kroger etc. ours has Brittta bottles in the aisle with the bottled water.
K-Mart's location of these were in the coffee pot aisle.good luck! we used these last Sept. and worked great!:earsgirl:

Pooh Girl 71
07-03-2004, 10:27 AM
K-Mart had the clearance ones in the plumbing section. They had the full price bottles in the water/pop aisle.

daisylove
07-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know what the newer patterns are? I bought one with just the name on it but saw a soccer ball type pattern on another.

teebee
07-08-2004, 07:58 PM
I found the Brita water bottles today at a K-Mart near my office. The bottles were $4 and a pack of filters was $3.

daisylove
07-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Is Brita discontinuing the bottles? They are $4 and $2.50 for filters at mine also.

Planogirl
07-08-2004, 11:28 PM
We don't have any K-Marts or Safeways in Texas. :(

If anyone sees any inexpensive bottles somewhere else, please post!

tink2dw
07-09-2004, 01:42 AM
Check Wal-Greens Drug stores. They carry a filter that will fit any sports type pull up drink cap,too.

DisneyForLife
07-09-2004, 08:21 AM
I got mine at K-Mart for 4.00. The pattern on it is of water. It is refreshing looking. I think that may be one of the newer ones but not sure.