PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Vistana and Disney

MsMulan
06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
I am attempting to book a room at the Vistana for August 2005 vacation (1 week) and I am hoping to get another special offer from Disney and book a value resort for an addition 3/4 days.

The pictures of the Vistana look really nice, but is it worth the money? Are there other equally or better resorts that I should be looking into?

Has anyone utilized the Vistana's transportation to the parks? How did it work out? I am planning on having a car but I don't want to drive everyday.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

laurabelle
06-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I haven't stayed there yet, but I got 7nights at the Vistana Resort for $400 through Skyauction (http://www.skyauction.com). Check out the Orlando Hotels & Attractions Disboard for more info.

momtofour
06-25-2004, 03:26 PM
I know little about the Vistana but it does look very nice. However, before you book directly with them check out the TUG website. (Tug2.net) There are many owners looking to rent their units for various time periods. I've even seen a distress rental for $400.00 for a 2 bedroom!! Good luck!

shame711
06-25-2004, 06:01 PM
I am an owner at vistana and it is very nice. Big rooms, two full baths, and great pools. With that said it is not Disney and there will be no "magic". Truthfully, we love the parks and all of Disney, but sometimes it's nice to get away from it to. Look around, like the other poster said tug is great and I have seen some good deals on ebay.

Another place to check out are the Westgate resorts. I have never stayed there but have toured one and it was very nice as well as Orange Lake Country Club (which is a little farther from the parks).

If you do end up staying at one of these resorts and they talk you into a tour, do not, no matter how good the deal sounds buy a timeshare from the resort. You can get the same thing on the re-sale market for a fraction of the price.

Have a great trip!

CrazySun27
06-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Shame711

I'm staying at the Vistana for the first time in Sept. Can you tell me what section of the resort you prefer. I here some sections are older than the others?

Thanks!

swilshire
06-28-2004, 11:45 AM
We have been Vistana owners since 1996 and love it for visiting Disney. It's just minutes to any of the parks. The advice to look at TUG and Skyauction for rentals is good. Even their owner's rates for rentals are high.

The Cascades and Lakes are the newer sections. We own in the Fountains, which is the next newest. I understand the rooms are somewhat bigger in Fountains than in some of the newer ones, so I've always just stayed there. The landscaping is very nice and there is plenty to do at the resort if you choose to take a day off from the parks.

Sheila

shame711
06-28-2004, 01:45 PM
with the above poster as we own in the Fountains as well. I hear that you want to stay away from the Courts (the oldest section) but have no first hand knowlege.

MsMulan
06-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all the postings. This inforamation looks good.

MsMulan
07-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by laurabelle
I haven't stayed there yet, but I got 7nights at the Vistana Resort for $400 through Skyauction (http://www.skyauction.com). Check out the Orlando Hotels & Attractions Disboard for more info.

Laurabelle-

I see your trip is quickly approaching. Have fun! Did the $400 for the Vistana include all the fees?